It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York City Tickets 12 For Defying Measles Vaccination Order

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I didn't even hear that ny had a mandatory vaccination order.
They don't.
There is an order that, unless vaccinated against measles, you are not allowed in certain venues.

I'm ok with that so long as it is the OWNER of the venue that wanted to keep unvaccinated people out.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Do you have a problem with this?

I don't.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

They don't.
There is an order that, unless vaccinated against measles, you are not allowed in certain venues.

I'm ok with that so long as it is the OWNER of the venue that wanted to keep unvaccinated people out.

We already force kids to get vaccines before they attend public schools.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

And I don't like that.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
It's about time the government went after those "My body, my choice" types. Anyone who thinks that the government doesn't own your mind, body, and soul is a menace to society.

I see what you did there. . . . .

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   

They don't.

I have to correct myself.

The de Blasio Administration declared a public health emergency in select zip codes in Williamsburg, Brooklyn following a measles outbreak affecting the Orthodox Jewish community.

As part of the declaration, unvaccinated people living in the Williamsburg area who may have been exposed to measles will be required to receive the measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine in order to protect others in the community and help curtail the ongoing outbreak.

source

I guess public emergencies come with special powers. Imagine that.

edit on 4/28/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   
So, New York is now off the list of any city I will someday visit. I am not vaccinated, why would I get vaccinated when I had measles and am immune. I think this will cause a big decline in tourism and shopping in New York city. I am not the only one who will boycott the city, I will notify others I know to stay away from NY because they have measles tax tickets there. Of course, since they are not going to go there, their kids won't be going to see New York either.

Boycott NYC because dumb people who do not understand how vaccines actually work live there. The measles does not mutate like the flu does, if you are vaccinated and do not consume chemistry that destroys antigens, you will have lifetime coverage from it. But my daughter got her shots when she was young, then had to go do a job in NYC for six months. She did not want to get a new vaccination so got the test...guess what, even with the two measles shots she had when she was young, there was no coverage for measles in the blood test she took, she had to take another measles shot....what a scam those shots are.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

So, New York is now off the list of any city I will someday visit.

That's ok, just stay out of 4 zip codes in the Williamsburg area. Or wait until the measles outbreak is over. Or, if you already had measles, it doesn't matter, go anyway.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

following a measles outbreak affecting the Orthodox Jewish community.

I'd love to hear how the people effected by this feel.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   

They tried to force me to get the Measles vaccine at my place of work.

I stated that I had the Measles as a child but they were adamant.

So I forced them to do a titre.

Guess what?

I'm now immune from Measles without their damned shot.

Had the Measles in '69.

Was home sick, watched the Moon landing on our tv and everything!

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   

It won't miss you.

I think this will cause a big decline in tourism and shopping in New York city.

Not really, lol.

if you are vaccinated and do not consume chemistry

Huh?

I am not the only one who will boycott the city, I will notify others I know to stay away from NY because they have measles tax tickets there.

Good.

I mean, I had my MMR vaccination.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   

following a measles outbreak affecting the Orthodox Jewish community.

I'd love to hear how the people effected by this feel.

Probably not happy about it, and willing to pay the fine or they'll probably go to court. Not sure how that will turn out.

In 1905, the Supreme Court ruled that a state can mandate vaccines, and accompany those vaccine mandates with a criminal fine for those not in compliance. More broadly, the court ruled that the state can impose “reasonable regulations” to protect the public health, even when such regulations interfere with individual rights.
www.historyofvaccines.org...

Emergency powers. Sort of a slippery slope?

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

They tried to force me to get the Measles vaccine at my place of work.

I stated that I had the Measles as a child but they were adamant.

So I forced them to do a titre.

Guess what?

I'm now immune from Measles without their damned shot.

Had the Measles in '69.

Was home sick, watched the Moon landing on our tv and everything!

You lucky bugger, you got to watch TV. We were not allowed to watch TV when we were home sick.

I was at Boy scout camp during the moon landing if I remember right. I think it was was in late July or early august. I remember listening to something about it on the Sony transistor radio I brought to the camp.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I was making "Snap-Tight" models of Frankenstein, Dracula and the Mummy and watching it on tv.

Ahhhh. . . . . . memories.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Do you have a problem with this?

I don't.

Just curious. How do you feel about dog ownership? Dogs are far more likely to permanently damage or kill a child (family member or stranger.

So you have something that is completely unnecessary to own, far more likely to harm children than the measles (The math doesn't lie), but no outcry for laws banning dog ownership. No vitriol on social media about it. The science is there. Are dog owners anti-science? I am genuinely curious how one can be justified, but not the other. It's all about protecting the kids...Is it? .

Legislating this stuff is a very dangerous precedent. Next thing you know you could be held criminally liable for going in to work with a sniffle that someone takes home to their newborn and you just got fingered as the source of their $2000 hospital bill.
edit on 28-4-2019 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Secretrooster
Gotta put illegal immigrants in the conversation anyway you can huh? Lol

Yes when it's un-vaccinated people, who have caused the new spread of some diseases recently. Some who are U.S. Citizens and some who are illegal immigrants into our Country. New York has declared themselves to be a Sanctuary City so they will have to make a decision on what to do with Illegal Aliens who are not vaccinated. It seems a high percentage of Illegal Immigrants are not vaccinated and not in the best health conditions. It presents NYC with a conundrum to deal with that aspect of the issue.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   

That's ok, just stay out of 4 zip codes in the Williamsburg area. Or wait until the measles outbreak is over. Or, if you already had measles, it doesn't matter, go anyway.

It's a hard issue to deal with. One Orthodox Jew person who flew from NY to the Metro Detroit Area has now caused a mini-outbreak here. That the danger with easily spread diseases. It's the "Needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few".

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   

No unvacinnated citizens travel to countries with measles outbreaks? It's highly contagious you know.

Some U.S. travelers have become sick with measles after traveling abroad. Before you leave on an international trip, check the CDC Travel Notices on measles.

www.cdc.gov...

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

idiot

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   

and only 1 person has died of the measels in the last 10 years, yet 200 died from vaccines

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join