It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hellenic Polytheist

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I actually believe it is spiritually beneficial to have a whole pantheon of gods instead of just the one, especially if it is one who is in company of angels, demons and satan.
Sure we think of Zeus as the ruler over the others, but in reality they're all family and I think (as being a member of a family is a common thing you know what I'm talking about) it is obvious they basically never function in a hierarchical way. More as an organisation where everyone has their role to fullfill. There is no good and bad.
In the alleged monotheism on the other hand, you got one who does everything, with help by far "lesser" individuals like the archangels and other angels and that's exactly the message it transports.
In the hellenic tradition even the rulers of the underworld, Hades and Persephone, are not sinister figures, they just got a job that needs to be done.
I think it's pretty telling that even in the fictive lore of christian tradition people felt the need to invent someone who is challenging the guy on top. Sure they made hm the ultimative bad guy and pictured him as someone every "good" person should fear, but throughout history there always were some who felt pretty attracted by him and the freedom he promises.
That's because it isn't natural for most humans to just bend to authority. Everybody wants to be king over at least some aspects of his life.
So christianity invented the myth men has dominion over the animals and plants on Earth.
From a hellenic mindset that's unthinkable, because you never know if your bull, snake, fly, ... is not a god in disguise.
As we grow and evolve and prepare to set out to other planets where we might encounter living things beyond our comprehension we will need to get over the thought there are lesser and higher orders of beings. All life is sacred.

Since the monotheistic god has proven to be a lying, destructive, narcissist, with a monotheistic religion that is everything but just one god, I think from now on if someone asks I'm a hellenic polytheist. Which is as we all know closely related to the Egyptian and Roman pantheon so much so that one can say it is basically the same thing.
Plus it has the benefits to allow me to pick from a number of archetypes whose strength I can internalise depending on what situation I find myself in.

Screw you God!

edit on 28-4-2019 by Peeple because: hollistic

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

hellenic polytheist

Hellenic as in Helena Blavatsky? Interesting post because I always wonder, what good God would deny truth/knowledge, just for seeking it?

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGreatWork

hellenic = greek

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: TheGreatWork

hellenic = greek

Oops okay sorry lol.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   

You have absolutely no concept of christianity, your beliefs on Christianity are borderline childish if not outright that of a numpty
I am not saying that to be rude but it’s true, you have no concept of what the bible teaches
No doubt you will blame everyone else but your own capacity to research and understand what you have been taught to believe “I was a Christian and I was told that” the common argument of the lazy

Last night I was discussing equality of the sexes in society with a 14 year old girl, a friends daughter and her argument was that of a child, to be expected.
If you are 14 or younger, then my apologies

You are feee to believe in whatever you choose that’s your choice but it’s incredibly ignorant to say what Christians believe when it’s based on childish nonsense you have gleaned from tv shows like buffy the vampire slayer, supernatural and highway to heaven
edit on 28-4-2019 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I actually believe it is spiritually beneficial to have a whole pantheon of gods instead of just the one, especially if it is one who is in company of angels, demons and haSatan.

GOD is the Universe. All the other little gods & goddesses are basically backstabber's who fell from His Heaven into this darkness (Universe).

Who do you follow, the Source of all Life or a little immortal traitor like Zeus (Baal, Thor etc) ?

In the Hellenic tradition even the rulers of the underworld, Hades and Persephone, are not sinister figures, they just got a job that needs to be done.

Sinister is evil BTW. Remember, Romans called Right handed people Dexterous and Left handed people Sinistrous (Sinistral, Sinister). This explains why the Mark of the Beast will only work in the RIGHT hand because the Right hand is God. Left hand is the devil. Remember "Left Handed Path" in terms of majik.

How can any entity willingly accept that they have to unleash pure evil upon humans because it is "their job to be done" ?

Is it any wonder why these pure evil entities (Rephaim) end up in a prison called Tartarus after doing their job and unleashing hell on earth ? i say leave them there for eternity in a realm that resembled Revelation 16:10.

Maybe GOD made this Universe for mortals only. He has every right to deal with His fallen immortals in what ever way He sees fit. After all, they fell from His Grace like the 200 Fallen Watchers did.

Egyptian and Roman

Correct. They are all the same bunch of stupid clueless treacherous backstabber's that they will always be.
it is true that the pantheon of all these have the same beings yet who is greatest and who is leader is not always the same. Ra is greatest but Osiris more worshiped. Ouranos is greatest but Zeus more worshiped. Ra is more equivalent to Helios than to Zeus.

Observe the weapon types. Example: Lightning
Baal : Balls of Lightning
Thor : Hammer of Thunder bolts
Zeus : Lightning

How can you say "Screw you God" when God is the Universe, the Omnipresence that surrounds us ?
You may as well say "Erase me God from existence".

We all signed up to live in this moment of time, geared up for the coming spiritual battle. You cannot say no, seeing that many pantheon gods are warmongers and love war.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I do have a concept of christianity, I read the bible and have problems with it. There is absolutely no need for you to get insulting.
The god of the bible is evil

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
What would the reflections of God(s) travel upon if we were to merge the multi-God theory you posed with one that is common to modern humans... the individual God?

What if their were billions of Gods that thrive and live through many dimensions beyond the 3D scales? What if the inner voice inside us that screams at us in silence was merely an ability to channel our own higher self? Wouldn't such a theory allow for channeling or communication to occur among the Gods of many when and only when one can connect with their inner self God first and foremost?

What if saying "Screw you God" is just a simple way to tell the Gods of Many that one self is not on the same channel with the sacred inner self God?

If all life is sacred, then it would include your entire self being. No need to question that one...

For the many to occur the paths of one must be conquered prior. In such an existence, there is one God and many Gods at the same exact time... one God is not any better than the many Gods and vice versa.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

Because he is not the universe, show me where in the bible it says god is the universe, that's entirely your personal opinion.
In the hellenic tradition, there is gaia, which is obviously Earth and there is Uranus who is basically space. But in all I'm approaching it as stories, myths, which doesn't mean it replaces science in my view of the world.
And I'm free to do so because there is no "head of the church" or selfrighteous priest or blind believer who tells me what to think.
But it's quite telling here in this thread there are immidately two "good christians" who insult me, when let's face it, I put it in philosophy for a reason.
You are giving a great example why you and your god can go and screw yourself

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

We would first have to establish what god is, since what you are talking about is the individual higher self and no god at all

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I do have a concept of christianity, I read the bible and have problems with it. There is absolutely no need for you to get insulting.
The god of the bible is evil

It’s pretty obvious you have problems with the bible, lazy and ignorant would be the start
And that is not an insult, you have not read the bible to understand it, just went through the motions. It’s like reading Shakespeare, it needs interpretation and you are lazy in your approach and ignorant to understanding what it teaches
Many christians read it as you do, lazy and ignorant

Insulting? Isn’t that what your whole thread is, insulting, wasn’t that the purpose

Peeps, you have no concept of christianity and what the bible teaches, you have made some huge and,appalling mistakes in your op in relation to what Christianity is.

Tell me, did you support the war against ISIS, want to see them eradicated, you sound evil if you did

People like you moan winge and complain when God acts and then moan winge and complain when He doesn’t assist

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   

God is "The Unknown".

Pick a religion of any variety... they all live with unknowns. Spirituality is no different.

We can only climb the stairs to further unknowns in these spiritual journey's. Learning about one God only leads to further Unknown's/God.

The human chooses the term God for The Unknown... there is no difference.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I just don't like authority and that's all the christian god is about. Even worse they say there only is one god but than they worship some guy as if he were god. It's not montheism it's a mental gymnastics party and what you call lazy is just me refusing to throw all reason and logic out of the window to make it all work somehow

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Because he is not the universe, show me where in the bible it says god is the universe, that's entirely your personal opinion.

Your take is different to mine. i say who gives a toss anyway. We all signed up to descend into this material world and learn certain lessons by following a certain path that we, ourselves accepted before we were physically born.

Those who get grumpy often go through the same life challenges via reincarnation.
They who learn with wisdom move on and exit this Mother Gaia, training ground.

All myths are true. Science is simply a route that the fallen ones had to take to force humans into producing machines of war to fight Jesus when He returns. Is this not what the 18th Century Industrial Revolution was for ?

Church is 99.99999% pure evil, corrupt and controlled by Lucifer anyway. Look at the Pope (Unclean Prophet).

Those who want out will get out via Jesus with the ultimate "Get Out Of Jail Free" card (I Corinthians 15 1-4).
They who want to stay in this hell hole of a world will be reborn via reincarnation.

No one can complain as everyone gets what they desire.

Everyone has a choice. Either stay in this world where the fallen entities like Zeus, Brigit, Freya, Odin are about to get their mortal grunts to fight amongst themselves; or leave via the Rapture (Matthew 25:4). You have a choice.
edit on 28-4-2019 by Rapha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The Greek mythos is just an earlier version of Jungs archetypes.

The self is a core archetype focused on form.
In Buddhism the archetypal experience is on formlessness.

The Tarot is also Archetypal.

Christianity is also Archetypal and in my opinion less noisy and the easiest way to receive Grace.

All archetypes are a reflection ( Plato) from the formless to communicate through taking on various forms within the interactive field.

My advice is don't let one Archetype dominate you and lead you to hate nature and the supernatural because of your ignorance of it. That is not an insult, we are all ignorant of the Magician/God but find different paths experience his attributes.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Haha the rapture. Sure. People are waiting for that since thousand years and nothing happens. I take my chances

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Haha the rapture. Sure. People are waiting for that since thousand years and nothing happens. I take my chances

Who said anything about teleportation.

The New Age has been preaching 5D for years where those that do go 5D are invisible to us 3d'ers.

You take your chance with guys like Zeus who stabbed their C/O in the back and descended to this world to become little gods.

Tell me; has the Real GOD given you a vision and after posting that vision on the Internet, one of those fallen entities actually contacts you and added a few extras to your vision ?
edit on 28-4-2019 by Rapha because: 5G != 5D

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Sometimes a lightning bolt is just that...a lightning bolt.

Personally Ive actually pondered why some mythologies are more grittier and gruesome compared to others like the Greeks being one f'd up soap opera. And I've gotten to the point that it was done on purpose thanks to one comment by Plato.

He supposedly said that no matter what or how heinous a crime a god commited were never in the wrong in the first place, and that they were perfect regardless of what man thinks. It might have been a way to raise awareness of certain issues that seem to still be a problem today.

Like how Uncle Set, the protector of Ra and Earth shouldn't touch his newphew down there and that Ra all seeing eye should suffer immeasurable damage but no they are perfect an sinless, or how they got superpower because of incestry. Which should be a big no no in the book of life and the dead.
edit on 28-4-2019 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

Satan's coming for that ass!!!
edit on 28-4-2019 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I have no clue what you are talking about.
All I said was that I find a pantheon more spirituality beneficial and I did that in philosophy.
I think you take this mythology/religion stuff far too serious. It's all not real just theoretical exercise anyways.
Sure there is an intelligence beyond my own, but that could be the collective consciousness of Earth, or even a bacteria infection just as well.
God is only a made up concept to describe weird stuff that happens entirely inside the mind.

Teleportation? What? What visions? You make zero sense

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

I believe that's because gods in their true form are not humanoid at all, we just think that because of the statues. In the story of Semele we learn that Zeus is lightning (energy, burns down the palace) and as such rules valid for biological entities simply don't apply.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join