It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These are the Most Alarming Measles Outbreaks Worldwide

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

i cant believe it is even an argument or a discussion anymore about getting kids vaccinated.

my body, my choice. nobody owes you an explanation as to why. there is no argument, other than people like you forcing their will on others, because YOU are scared to get sick...guess what, there is no human, civil or natural right to not get sick. deal with it.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

in 41 years i have never once met a person who got messed up from the vaccines. never once met a parent who told me about their kid getting messed up from the vaccines.

that's called an anecdote, and is about just a useful as all the others in this thread.

spoiler alert: its useless

i never met a person that had or died from AIDS, so i think AIDS isn't as deadly as everyone says... see how useful that was

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Never caught any if that stuff and never will, and no shots...BLAH.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   
To whom it may concern...I am also a baby boomer and have had some
vaccines in the past.What could be the differences in these vaccines
today? Quality and country of origin,not to forget,reasoning behind these
vaccines.I keep hearing about using vaccines in population control.

edit on 30-4-2019 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

The OP here paints a pretty clear picture of what REALLY fuels the "anti-vax" movement, quite simply: people who have seen their friends, or their family, or themselves injured by a vaccine. Guillain-Barre syndrome is indeed a known adverse reaction to vaccines, even on the CDC site. Quite opposite of the common statement, "His grandmother died of the flu, too bad she didn't get the shot," there are also very real statements that could be made, "Too bad he got the shot, otherwise he wouldn't have been crippled."

The MSM has done such a GREAT job of brainwashing people, that most buy into all the hype and most can't or refuse to think for themselves. What is the REAL risk of getting the measles? What is the REAL risk of getting the shot? The answers to those questions are painted one way by the CDC, doctors, drug companies, in a way that mitigates and downplays the downsides, and inflates the upsides.

I had measles when I was six months old. I now am immune to measles for LIFE. I don't have to worry about getting measles and I don't have to worry about getting the shot. Getting measles as an adult is more dangerous than getting it as a child, this is common knowledge. What should also be evident if anyone's been paying attention to this year's measles outbreaks is that there have been a huge number of fully vaccinated individuals getting measles, and they comprise a good 70% of the cases. This is swept under the rug and anti-vaxxers are blamed, and the vaccine's efficacy never (I mean NEVER) called into question, while a quick Pub Med search reveals medical articles published that state this 70% figure for decades now. This to me means you could be fully vaccinated and STILL get the measles ANY time. The protection the vaccine affords wanes considerably after 2-10 years, and a third dose apparently does not up the immunity much, or for long (again Pub Med, not tree-hugging organic anti-vax blog). Thus you could be protected in your youth and STILL get the measles as an adult. You would have to keep getting the vaccine at LEAST once every 10 years and you could, STILL get the measles. If the vaccine is a risk (and it is) and if getting the measles is a risk (and it is) then I took ONE risk ONCE and am guaranteed now. You can't say that for the vaccine.

To me, my choice to not have the vaccine and risk getting a mostly benign disease I will likely recover from with full immunity for life is a wiser, sound, reasonable decision. I fully support those who want to get the vaccine and would rather take that route. But there is logic and sound reason in my choice. Those who insist there isn't are religiously adherent to vaccines, and are simply NOT weighing the facts.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Onlyyouknow

Im sixty two years old and i have never met a child with autism..... isnt it amazing how many on this website have...
AND..... and... every case is also caused by a vaccine. That is even more amazing.
How many cases of autism occurred in the last big segment of society that was vaccinated for everything? There should be thousands of baby boomers with autism. There are millions of us who were vaccinated in the fifties and sixties. Where are all those cases of autism? Why is it only contemporary vaccines that supposedly cause autism? Where was this concern in the past fifty years? Nowhere that's where.

The difference is that in the 60s and 70s, most kids weren't vaccinated until they were 5 years old, and they had literally 3 or 4 in the 60s, and about 8 in the 70s. Now they have 72 before they're 5 years old. Huge difference.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join