It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hubble Measurements Confirm There's Something Weird About How the Universe Is Expanding

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

What's the square root of a squared value?

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The base, silly.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Everyone has the right to a theory. Gravitational waves will pull the matter back on itself once the universe reaches maximum capacity. The universe is expanding in the same way you can feel wind on your face, exited atomic particles pushing against the fabric of what we know.

In regards to the rest of the thread and OP, if it hasn't already been mentioned, the universe is expanding slower further away because the further away we look the more in the past we look.

I thought the researchers would have thought of this, but it doesn't seem so.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: L.A.B

I thought the researchers would have thought of this, but it doesn't seem so.

Actually they have. Quite specifically.

“The Hubble tension between the early and late Universe may be the most exciting development in cosmology in decades,” said lead researcher and Nobel Laureate Adam Riess of the Space Telescope Science Institute (STScI) and Johns Hopkins University, in Baltimore, USA. “This mismatch has been growing and has now reached a point that is really impossible to dismiss as a fluke. This disparity could not plausibly occur by chance.”

www.spacetelescope.org...

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Expansion is Infinite .

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The expansion begins at the beginning - The Big Bang, correct?

What, if any, are the limits of this force? - Is the energy driving the expansion limited?

And if so, what happens when it has reached its zenith?

Does the Universe just stop there - Or does Gravity begin to pull it back to its original point?

Basically what I'm asking is whether at some point in the future, will the Universe implode?

edit on 28-4-2019 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

link   
REPEAT ERROR!

link   
The expansion begins at the beginning - The Big Bang, correct?

What, if any, are the limits of this force? - Is the energy driving the expansion limited?

And if so, what happens when it has reached its zenith?

Does the Universe just stop there - Or does Gravity begin to pull it back to its original point?

Basically what I'm asking is whether at some point in the future, will the Universe implode?

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

Your Post is Experiencing Infinity ..............It Exists !.....)

edit on 28-4-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Sure, this may have been going on for almost forever - But I would not bet on the same results occurring each time.

If this Universe reaches its expansion limit and implodes - Why believe the next Universe, or facsimile will occur in the
the same way?

“We have no right to assume that any physical laws exist, or if they have existed up until now,
that they will continue to exist in a similar manner in the future.”
― Max Planck

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Due to the expanding 2 dimensional nature of the universe, the farthest bends are pulling untill the deformed ballon is smooth.

My 2 cents of simplicity

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Now when I think of the universe expanding time and space are distorted to a point depending on where you are, your frame of reference. We say we know about all the things very distant from our Galaxy, but do we really know them or are we just assuming based on observations of light that has travelled quintillions of miles through space that may not even be the same as ours. The expanding universe theory as we know it might be more illusory than we think.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I feel like in this realm we must keep an open mind.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Goodness, the big bang theorists need to pull their heads out of their rectum. The big bang was disproved 40 years ago (as far as universe origination is concerned) and has been resoundingly destroyed numerous times since.
edit on 29-4-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
All it probably says is that the universe was not following the theories they created about it's origion. I suppose writing the universe a ticket and fining it is in order, if it does not start complying with our scientists, it could even be jailed. The Universe is nervous now, it knows it is doing something it should not be doing, This new evidence will get buried shortly and big bang theorists will try to twist it to fit their theory.

And some galaxies will probably end up committing "suicide."

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

originally posted by: rickymouse
All it probably says is that the universe was not following the theories they created about it's origion. I suppose writing the universe a ticket and fining it is in order, if it does not start complying with our scientists, it could even be jailed. The Universe is nervous now, it knows it is doing something it should not be doing, This new evidence will get buried shortly and big bang theorists will try to twist it to fit their theory.

And some galaxies will probably end up committing "suicide."

Sadly that is the case, the black hole is depression. It sucks people and the universe into a dark deep place.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I actually think there is good reason for this.

As the outer parts of the universe have begun to slow down, more massive lumps of rock and gases have had the opportunity to clump closer together to form much larger masses.

This us why the inner parts of the universe are speeding up towards them due to higher gravitational pull.

I postulated this probably a decade ago and more people I talk to in the field are now seeing this as obvious. That doesn't mean I am correct however.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I love how they explain these anomalies with the multiverse now. We now know that WE are the CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE! Whenever physicist are wrong they just invent something like dark matter with no proof. The "axis of evil" has been proven true and now they come up with the multiverse theory because the only way we can make sense of this is if there are a billion universes and we just so happen to be living in one where we are at the center. Bahahahaha

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Dark Matter and Dark Energy may have a lot more to do with this than scientists realize. Of course we really have no idea what dark matter and dark energy actually are. One attracts like gravity and the other repels. Guess we will probably have to wait until we have a better grasp on these things. Of course if the Universe is really a hologram as the math suggests it may all be a pointless exercise.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

Each Universe Expands Infinitely . The Void They Expand Into is ENDLESS...............

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Your opinion - Any evidence to prove it ?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join