It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hubble Measurements Confirm There's Something Weird About How the Universe Is Expanding

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Me.

I decide.

My frame of reference, my decision.
edit on 4/27/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Hmmmm...what is the square root of infinity anyway?

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 11:30 PM
link   

edit on 4/27/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: Infinity divided by zero

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The speed of light is not infinite.

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 11:51 PM
link   
One of the funnier, yet thought provoking quotes I have seen, because it bluntly points out so much that we don't really KNOW, yet have make believe theories about, is:

"In the beginning, there was nothing. Then it exploded."

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Rich Z

If you're talking about the "big bang", you're mistaken about the theory.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Down the rabbit hole we go.

These fluctuations should be monitored closely as it may lead to the universe's Jack the ripper...Dark energy.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Schrodinger's cat paradox on an immense scale?? Lol The most plausible explanation has already been mentioned here before:Time dilation of those deep space observable objects in relation to us. Doesn't mean they are actually slowing, just that they appear to be to us, the observer.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Rich Z

Definitely speaks of a creator. The real question is, are you the creator? Created in the image of God, and you can't remember anything that happened before your birth, did the world exist before you? Is it all a construct of your mind.? Is that the multiverse? Each of is with our own reality, connected by intersecting consciousness, it would explain some things.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Hmm, I wonder if this might be caused by relativistic time dilation. As the most distant galaxies are receding from us at a significant fraction of the speed of light, they also appear slowed down in time.

I assume that they will have already accounted for that.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Hello ATS!!.... long time reader(lurker), first time poster.

I've read all sorts of physics books on BBT, dark energy/dark matter, CMB radiation and all that cool stuff, and I can't help but think that something is drastically wrong with the currently accepted theory.

My take on it is this: the universe is not expanding, nor has it ever been expanding.

In regards to TBBT, the CMB radiation that we see could very well be the gamma shockwave aftermath of a nearby black hole that had reached critical mass and obliterated everything closeby.....roughly 13.2 billion years ago....giving the illusion of a "big bang"....

The observed expansion of the universe could very well be "us" in an accelerating motion in the universe ---giving the illusion of accelerated expansion as the universe "reveals" itself to us as we "fly" in a fixed direction towards a fixed point in the infinite universe ---- Infinite universe being key here.

This accelerating motion would give the illusion of a somewhat conical shaped universe as well as the illusion of a cluster of galaxies before us (as we currently observe) as the photons hit us faster than the speed of light, but not so obvious as to precisely determine our trajectory because "they" are also in motion.

The recent observation of the local universe seemingly expanding faster than the distant universe can also be explained by our own motion through the universe. Like travelling on a highway in a car, the nearby world appears to be zooming quickly by, however the distant mountains seem to be almost stationary. If you would discount your own motion while observing this, this would be very confusing also.

The only way to accurately obssrve the universe and it's motions is to ensure that the point from which you are observing is not in motion.

Fun stuff!!!

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
It's always fun to speculate the nature of the universe, and we've certainly learned much over the years. But I highly doubt homo sapiens will ever completely figure it out — we'll be a footnote in history well before we can get there. I wouldn't be surprised to see us gone in the amount of time it took us to get here, 200,000 years. Look at what we've done just since the Industrial Revolution. Not looking so pretty these days.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
If it is accelerating and far universe seems expanding slower, its because of we are looking at it when it was slower, acutally it can be at the same speed as it is the past we are observing.

edit: or more.
edit on 28-4-2019 by belkide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
All it probably says is that the universe was not following the theories they created about it's origion. I suppose writing the universe a ticket and fining it is in order, if it does not start complying with our scientists, it could even be jailed. The Universe is nervous now, it knows it is doing something it should not be doing, This new evidence will get buried shortly and big bang theorists will try to twist it to fit their theory.
Lol good one, just as Einstein terriers will twist their results to suit GR and SR

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Subsonic

Your idea is not a solitary one. I read this book years ago. I thought is had some interesting theories.
www.goodreads.com...

n The Living Universe, Duane Elgin marshals evidence from cosmology, biology, physics, even his participation in NASA-sponsored psychic experiments to show that the universe is actually a living field of existence and that we are always in communion with that field of aliveness whether we are conscious of it or not.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

There is an opposing theory to the Big Bang Theory called the Big Crunch which postulates just that.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Theories are awesome, everyone has one.

I do.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Wonder if "The great attractor" has anything to do with it. Maybe it's pulling our area of the cosmos in faster like there is some huge sorta black hole or ultra galaxy of galaxies while everything that's gone through/around/whatever is slowing down because it's not being pulled like we are?

Perhaps we're in the center area of the big bang that's continually blowing out from the center while the way outside is going slower from less push from the big bang.... meaning, we really ARE the center of the universe

I kid, I kid.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   
And now for something completely out there from the Urantia Book.

According to the book's descriptions, the universe is hundreds of billions of years old and periodically expands and contracts — "respires" — at 2-billion-year intervals. Recent observations suggest that the true age of the universe is approximately 13.7 billion years.[105] The book does not support the big bang theory.[106]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

But surely you knew I wasn't referring to the speed of light, correct? Only it's square, mass being a function.

edit on 4/28/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join