It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanic Temple Wins IRS Recognition as an Official House of Worship

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: angus1745

I agree.... why don't they pay taxes?
No other organizations in our country are tax exempt why is a church.
This needs to be looked at because its stupid. Are they afraid to collect taxes from God?

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I agree.... why don't they pay taxes? No other organizations in our country are tax exempt why is a church. This needs to be looked at because its stupid. Are they afraid to collect taxes from God? I agree.... why don't they pay taxes? No other organizations in our country are tax exempt why is a church. This needs to be looked at because its stupid. Are they afraid to collect taxes from God?

An in-depth analysis of Fortune 500 companies’ financial filings finds that at least 60 of the nation’s biggest corporations didn’t pay a dime in federal income taxes in 2018 on a collective $79 billion in profits, the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy said today.

If these companies paid the statutory 21 percent federal tax rate, they would owe $16.4 billion in federal income taxes. Instead, they collectively received $4.3 billion in rebates. The analysis, Corporate Tax Avoidance Remains Rampant under New Tax Law, examines 2018 corporate financial filings that have been released to date. It provides an initial, comprehensive look at how corporate tax cuts under the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act affected the tax-paying habits of corporations.
Unquote
source - itep.org...

Clean up this mess first and then bitch about religions.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seede
Clean up this mess first and then bitch about religions.

They don't need to be mutually exclusive.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Just another nail in the coffin in my opinion. The "official" atheist religion?

These are the guys that want to find "Christian Bakers" and make them create "Pro-Satanic" goods or sue them. They are playing "trolls" but not really since they have an agenda.

Welcome to 21st century America. I have no words.

www.bloomberg.com...

The Internal Revenue Service has granted the same non-profit status given to churches, synagogues and mosques to The Satanic Temple, an organization in Salem, Massachusetts, that calls itself America’s first devil-worshiping church. It is now protected by federal laws governing churches that operate as charities.

In a statement this week announcing the status, the group called itself “a non-theistic religious organization dedicated to Satanic practice and the promotion of Satanic rights.”

My friend, i am afraid that christianity is lost.
They have weakened themselves so much, trying to be all things to all people, that they have become nothing.
For them, the war is over,and they lost.

The satanic temple is one of the many arms of the NWO gnostic cabal that now rules the world.

The coffin in nailed shut. Time now to bury it.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Satanists, by definition, are Christian. Satan is a part of Christian dogma.

I don't see any reason why one part of Christian belief system gets a free pass on the taxes, and belief in something else, out of the same book, does not.

Personally, I think all religious profits should get taxed, but that's just me.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: dfnj2015

especially since he doesnt exist

One of the biggest lies ever told is that Satan doesn't exist.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

My only question is, how long before the church of atheism, or satanism for that matter, apply for faith-based initiatives?

I do not like to guess, but will take some time in my opinion. But the biggest problem will be to find volunteers doing the good work. And if they apply for the faith-based initiative which was put forth by Bush and changed name under Obama, then you will have a mess in your hand, since the use of taxpayer money for faith-based initiatives raises constitutional concerns about the separation of church and state.

Remains to be seen how far those people want to go.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join