It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanic Temple Wins IRS Recognition as an Official House of Worship

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Just another nail in the coffin in my opinion. The "official" atheist religion?

These are the guys that want to find "Christian Bakers" and make them create "Pro-Satanic" goods or sue them. They are playing "trolls" but not really since they have an agenda.

Welcome to 21st century America. I have no words.

www.bloomberg.com...

The Internal Revenue Service has granted the same non-profit status given to churches, synagogues and mosques to The Satanic Temple, an organization in Salem, Massachusetts, that calls itself America’s first devil-worshiping church. It is now protected by federal laws governing churches that operate as charities.

In a statement this week announcing the status, the group called itself “a non-theistic religious organization dedicated to Satanic practice and the promotion of Satanic rights.”

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Thank God.

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker
I'm all for them being recognized as a religion, but they have NOTHING to do with atheism. Atheists don't normally recognize theism of any kind because they lack any belief in God or gods. Although admittedly, not all satanic cults actually believe in the person of Satan. Satanism for them is an ideology.

So no, NOT by any means the "official atheist" religion.

edit on 4/27/2019 by Klassified because: gwammar

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   
They should be as recognized as any other religion. Religion is all crap. None are special and deserve some special treatment.
edit on 27-4-2019 by trustmeimdoctor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Epic troll is epic.

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Satan is overrated!

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

especially since he doesnt exist

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

You know the "freedom of religion" thing? L. Ron Hubbard started Scientology and stated if you want to make $$$$$$$$$$$$? Start your own religion or church...

You know...tax free, huge donations, the works. And you could start 1 worshipping squirrels...or Satan.....even the Church of the Kardashians...don't matter.

Ah, the freedoms we have! Speech, religion, politics.....
: 😈
edit on 27-4-2019 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Mehh. We hate religion. Lets start our own!

So dumb.

These people are being brainwashed used even more than Christians. Didn't think that was possible.

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Ah, the freedoms we have! Speech, religion, politics.....
: 😈

You're free to worship whatever politician you wish. Even a "conservative", but especially a "liberal".

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
It's about time the ridiculous horse-# of religions never having to pay any tax in this country was abused and shown for the criminal money grabbing it actually is.

These stupid churches, and ALL churches are stupid, enjoy huge areas of land and property they do not have to ever pay a dime in tax on, not to mention all the property gullible idiots leave to the church when they die. These maggots are free to buy and sell all their land and buildings at will and without the surcharges and taxes you and I have to pay to do these things.

Just because their particular religious nonsense offends your set of backward childish superstitions does not concern me. You are children in the schoolyard biccering about the boogy man. Grow the # up. This is not 'America going to Hell!'' etc. Wise up. This country is not based on any Religion no matter how much idiotic politicians try to convince you of it.

The days of having that crap rammed down our throats from day one are over.

I think this is great, it highlights the stupidity of the situation. I'm going to declare my house a Jedi Temple and refuse to pay taxes claiming this is a religious institution. See how far I get with that. Not very, I'm guessing.

Hail Satan! Whee! I'll bet that place has all the best fundraisers ! (and parties and music and and orgies etc.)
I might be right in thinking the bar in it wont need a licence either. Church exemption. Aces. Liquor and Whores!

If Churches had to pay taxes like they should I guarantee that backward nonsense would not be so prevalent in this day and age as it is. Ridiculous childish beliefs that belong in the #iong dark ages and we still have to worry about upsetting the judgemental half-wits that live by it at every turn. All that prime real estate might then be put to some kind of proper use instead of being hoarded for nothing but one day a weeks use as parking.

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

edit on 27-4-2019 by angus1745 because: --oops!-- Double post

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: angus1745

Hell yes. I'm tired of religious idiots getting special treatment.

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I thought the IRS was the Satan. Ha.
edit on 27-4-2019 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: angus1745

I think this is great, it highlights the stupidity of the situation.

Yes. I agree with you. Take the church of Atheism as an example. I mean how stupid can you be declaring yourself as an atheist, but then you go and create the first church of atheism, where you can be ordained and perform clergy functions. But i guess tax exemptions and other perks have priority.

Here is their statement :

Since its inception, the First Church of Atheism has amassed quite a following around the world. FCA ministers come from all walks of life. They are every race, ethnicity, age, and creed. The one thing binding every FCA minister is his or her belief in science, reason, and reality.

The First Church of Atheism wants you to pursue and cherish your realistic beliefs without interference from any outside agency, including government or church authority. We provide our service for free, as we believe it is every atheists right to perform these clergy functions.

First Church of Atheism Be sure to read their FAQ.

Peace

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Seed76
I'm starring you since no one else has yet.

My only question is, how long before the church of atheism, or satanism for that matter, apply for faith-based initiatives?

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

My only question is, how long before the church of atheism, or satanism for that matter, apply for faith-based initiatives?

That should be next on the agenda if the Johnson Amendment gets rolled back in accordance with GOP desires. With Johnson Amendment roll-back people could make tax deductible donations to The Satanic Temple or any other church while all the sermons are 100% politics, and with the High Priest giving official candidate endorsements.

Lucien Greaves, a co-founder of the church, said in the statement that the group’s effort to seek tax-exempt status as a church was inspired by the efforts to repeal the Johnson Amendment.

edit on 27-4-2019 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I wonder if the leaders of the church of Satan all drive high end Mercedes and Lexuses like all the local Christian pastors in my area...

Either you have freedom of religion or you don't... No picking and choosing whose invisible sky daddy is more valid than the other...

Organized religion is a racket anyway.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Ummm atheists dont have a religion.
Just saying...
This is religious freedom dude.
We can worship or not worship whom ever or what ever we desire.
This IS America and has always been America. Its what we were founded on.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

You know about it?
Do tell.
No one is more brainwashed than a good Christian.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join