It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new way of thinking about God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 06:05 AM
link   
God is just a word. The word God represents something. What the word God represents is always a matter of subjective interpretation. However, if one steps back and looks at the definitions of God there are some interesting possibilities. One of the best definitions of the word God can be found in Apophatic theology:

en.wikipedia.org...

"Apophatic theology, also known as negative theology,[1] is a form of theological thinking and religious practice which attempts to approach God, the Divine, by negation, to speak only in terms of what may not be said about the perfect goodness that is God."

"Dionysius describes the kataphatic or affirmative way to the divine as the "way of speech": that we can come to some understanding of the Transcendent by attributing all the perfections of the created order to God as its source. In this sense, we can say "God is Love", "God is Beauty", "God is Good". The apophatic or negative way stresses God's absolute transcendence and unknowability in such a way that we cannot say anything about the divine essence because God is so totally beyond being. The dual concept of the immanence and transcendence of God can help us to understand the simultaneous truth of both "ways" to God: at the same time as God is immanent, God is also transcendent. At the same time as God is knowable, God is also unknowable. God cannot be thought of as one or the other only."

But rather than take this limited approach to thinking about God of a single space-time Universe, I would like to expand the idea of how to define God or what God represents taking into account two ideas in modern physics.

The way I am proposing what the word God represents is based on ideas from American physicist Hugh Everett III, who proposed the many-worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics in his doctoral thesis at Princeton University in 1957. I am a proud Everettian! Here is a good article critiquing Everettian thought, however, with the same data points I have an opposite subjective judgment to the author that is pro-Everettian. The author's arguments make me support Everettian thought even more:

www.quantamagazine.org...

"This picture gets really extravagant when you appreciate what a measurement is. In one view, any interaction between one quantum entity and another — a photon of light bouncing off an atom — can produce alternative outcomes, and so demands parallel universes. As DeWitt put it, “Every quantum transition taking place on every star, in every galaxy, in every remote corner of the universe is splitting our local world on earth into myriads of copies.” In this “multiverse,” says the physicist and many-worlds proponent Max Tegmark, “all possible states exist at every instant” — meaning, at least in the popular view, that everything that is physically possible is (or will be) realized in one of the parallel universes."

So then combine Everettian thought with the multiverse hypothesis and the idea black holes create white holes:

phys.org...

The idea our Big Bang was the result of a star collapsing to a black hole in a previously existing space-time dimension creates a slightly bigger idea of what Time is in the multiverse. In the multiverse combined with the many-worlds interpretation reality and time is vastly or astronomically much bigger than anything we could possibly imagine. This larger idea beckons to use the word God to represent it!

God is the only word big enough to represent such a huge idea for time and space. So with these two idea, the multiverse and Everettian thought, what does the word God represent? The word God then represents the realization of every possibility that can happen will happen over the entire many-worlds multiverse. Anywhere there is probability, every possibility of a probability is realized. In one alternate Universe you marry Susan. And in another alternate Universe you marry Kim. In one space-time dimension you are a mass murderer and in another you are a version of Mother Teresa. So our Universe of space-time represents one possible set of choices realized in order for God to realized God's omnipotence.

God then becomes this idea of wholeness and completeness of every possibility realized. God is neither good nor evil because God represents both qualities in equal proportions. And the same is true for each of us. There are an equal number of space-time dimensions where we are both just a good and just as evil as anyone can be.

This then is the limit of imagination. Having a way to realize every possible possibility over the many-worlds multiverse is the limit of every possible thought and experience consciousness can possibly have in existence.

edit on 27-4-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Kind of interesting. I do not believe in the big bang though, it is just about as fictional as the interpretation of what god is by some religions. We could never know how our universe started from this point in space, and god was created by something, it may have been a very long ago but saying god always existed is a stretch. I believe the people who say god always existed do have a right to believe that way though.

God is good is correct, but everyone's definition of good is different, thieves think that good is making a good haul robbing a house. A good day for a drug dealer is one where they peddle oodles of product and make lots of money. Good to a Muslim is different than good to a Christian. Good to a Satan worshiper is not the same as a Christian believes.

I include god as being the god of everything, not just humans. We are all linked, all life. I kind of like the great spirit philosophy of some of the Indian tribes, because they consider Earth as having a spirit that is essential to respect. In Christianity, god kicked out adam and eve because they wanted things they really did not need, meaning they would have eventually plowed over the garden to get more of what they wanted. They were kicked out to curse the weeds as they scratched the earth to plant what they wanted but did not really need. Some of the native American religions are more in step with what Jesus wanted than some of the Christian religions around the world.

God is the word...the word that is not spoken. That philosophy is actually contained in some of the older religions of the world. The tower of Babble scrambled the language, they attempted to break the subconscious link that connected people, they did not just alter the language, they forced a frequency change which polarized the link. That could be done with diet, or it could be done by altering the frequency with unnatural structures or brainwashing of people. Divide and conquer, force a new belief system onto the people so they mentally block all other information or information through a subconscious link of people not in their ideology.

Ok, now I am rambling on, I guess I read way to much on this kind of subjects, I spent too much time investigating multiple religions and trying to identify the primordial language.

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
That's a nice thought. However much religion may disagree. Religion and the idea of god are formed from a desire to explain everything in my opinion. Every single thing told to us about a god is a lie. Look at the many small religions of today and tell me they are not a lie. There have been thousands of religions based on complete bs.

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Nice thread and cool topic. Certainly this is a topic that will be debatable for all of time.

In times past I put a lot of relevancy towards the multiverse theories... but they faded as time went as the subject of God was learned to be not definable.

God is defined as 'Unknown' in current times for me as 3rd dimensional time and space restrictions has always been and will remain a human contrivance. The multiverse theories were simply funneled over to the 'Unknown' column once deemed to be experiencing the same dilemmas that religions and other unknown aspects of source and creation.

In such a reality God or the Unknown would then not even be an entity per se, correct? Time and space restrict a human existence to a 3D projected reality. In essence, time and the control of it may hold existences of reality of which the X,Y, & Z axis' humans live bonded to. Being restricted to further viewpoint axis' of projected reality would then encompass the 3 axis' of reality as well... it's just a formality that the human being can only read 3 of the 4 or more axis', which roots an unknown reality of god-like proportions. Maybe this poses many existences of God of unknowns at the same time. Ants can't read or understand the Z axis in their projected realities and it does not make the human being God of ants.

So, when the learning's of a 4th axis of reality are seen by humans, it may be selling the theories of God or Unknown short by thinking that creation stems from only 4 axis' of reality. If we learn more about the 4D worlds we'd only step up the God theories to search for 5 axis' and above... moving the term God to be defined as Unknown. The scaling of dimensions may never end for all we know. Wouldn't this urge the notion that infinite God's exist as well?

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Infinity must be really big! Of course thinking about time and where we have arrived multi-verse theory would require that everything changes in every multi verse and only one person could have ever truly existed.
If you changed one second of your life – and I’m just thinking about What can consciously be changed – like holding your breath for a second longer, pausing for a second before talking, chewing a second longer, And speaking specifically about mating habits, holding that a second longer will change the entire universe . Because one specific sperm meets with that egg to create a person. And it is extremely specific (from my Limited understanding.)
And if you change one person, or remove one person from existence, everything built on that change will be completely different. Because if you take something out of time that is supposed to be here, it will change everything completely. At least that’s my belief about Existence.
Multiple possibilities? Seems like it might exist, but I don’t think it does. To me, There is one possibility only, and that is that the universe was created, and the universe will end at the end. And in the meantime, everyone who comes and goes is supposed to be here.
Of course I could be wrong, I ain’t no scientist. But it doesn’t seem obvious that despite what we are made of (nothingness) that to continue on in this world everything that happens does happen for a reason, and the way it happens Is that sexual reproduction Is highly specific, first based on proximity of two people of the opposite sex(One being a fertile female, One being a male, or a medical procedure), then fertilization of the egg by a specific sperm, then finally the conditions to lead to a birth. Once that person is born... Possibilities only lead to what they do.
edit on 27-4-2019 by apydomis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   
According to the Holy Bible God is everything from A-Z, Alpha & the Omega, beginning to end. This is not a new way to think about God. Various luminaries (illuminati) have thought this for thousands of years. God is everything. God is both Good/Evil, Love/Hate, Light/Dark, Positive/Negative. Masculine/Feminine, Above/Below. Also if it weren't for religion, atheism wouldn't exist. Without religious monastaries, academics & higher education wouldn't exist. Its our choice, being created in God's image, which path we choose to follow.
edit on 28-4-2019 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I like Creator and Most High.

God is the limit.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Your concepts for God only focus on the material world. If the material world was created by a divine wish it might be God, yet remain distinct from God, at the same time.

Every atom in our universe appears to be restricted by a universal speed limit (speed of light) by the nothingness it exists in. That nothingness has no form yet exerts its influence on every atom in our universe. Is that nothingness also part of the creation or is it an aspect of God.

So God the label can be considered everything and nothing. Saying its this or that only limits our concept of the limitless.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

God is within, and he's not your bones.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

The eye with which I see God is the same with which God sees me. My eye and God's eye is one eye, and one sight, and one knowledge, and one love.

Meister Eckhart (c. 1260 – 1328)

new topics

top topics

join