It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The movie Brazil one of the strangest dystopia films you will ever watch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
If you've never seen Terry Gilliam's movie Brazil it is was the strangest and coolest dystopia films of all times:

De Niro was absolutely brilliant in this movie. I swear Mr. Kurtzmann was exactly like my first boss in my first job out of college!

This is the "I love you" scene. Watch how she transform into who she really is:

edit on 26-4-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Agreed. A great movie. If Brazil is mentioned, I also think of Time Bandits. (Another great film)

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Time Bandits is awesome!

But I also like this movie:

This scene is amazing:

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I couldn't get that catchy song out of my head for years. I won't click it even if I loved that movie.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Great movie that doesnt get the respect it deserves.
I can think of a few others that dont either.

The abyss
Damnation alley
A boy and his dog
King kong 1976

Brazil like these movies just didnt grab people when they were released.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
Agreed. A great movie. If Brazil is mentioned, I also think of Time Bandits. (Another great film)

Loved Time Bandits when I was a kid. They should remake that movie...

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

The abyss
Damnation alley
A boy and his dog
King kong 1976

Ahhh, a boy and his dog, Don Johnson and the psychic dog finding true love hooked to a milking machine a few thousand feet underground lol. "Send him to the farm"

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

0:17 seconds in to the trailer, "now shape-up!", was sampled in on old favourite mix of mine, a CD called 'F****ing Hardcore 4' (Mokum Records, I believe).

I always enjoy finding out the sources of samples used in electronic music.

Actually, that same mix sampled the "hellI like you, you can come over to my house and *snip* my sister' line from the movie Full Metsl Jacket.

RIP R. Lee Ermey

ETA, that looks like a really strange film! 😶

edit on 26/4/2019 by MerkabaTribeEntity because: Eta

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
"A Boy and His Dog" is required watching for all feminists. Great movie!

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Brazil was not only dystopian it was also paranoid. However being paranoid does not mean they are "NOT" out to get you. The Johnathan Pryce character was paranoid leading him into his elaborate flights of fantasy which as the movie progressed spurred on his own drive for love and enlightenment.

The use of the archaic settings or rather 19th century type depictions of future technology were brilliant and did much for the science fictional aspects of the theme allowing for viewers to at least detach somewhat from the crushingly existential commentary on modern life and the trends it was developing.

The bureaucracy of Brazil was a total nightmare and the near mindless functionaries who held it in place were almost prophetic in their depiction.

My favorite bit in the movie was centered around the Pryce character's mother, her incessant desire for youth and culture and young lovers in her attempt to never get old. Indeed, everyone in the movie seemed off on their own little worlds. The mothers friend who was always going through face lifts to help her stay young looking which finally resulted the total collapse of her face which was wrapped up in bandages only to have her, when asked what had happened, "My complications have had complications'' was a final testimony to the plastic surgery trends.

As well, that woman's daughter, the child of a domineering self centered aristocrat was so pathetic. Do you remember that little mouse of a woman? She could hardly function on a social level having always been nothing more than an appendage to her mothers vanity. Mousy with braces in her mid twenties she could hardly converse at the little luncheon they were having so that when she was asked her opinion on the topic of discussion could only, and even then barely lift up the shaker from the table and timidly offer ''Salt? ''

And in the end, the only solution, the only avenue of escape from that total dystopian nightmare was the final dream as our hero slips off into death.

Yeah, what a freeking nightmare.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

The abyss
Damnation alley
A boy and his dog
King kong 1976

You forgot The God's Must be Crazy

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

A Boy and his dog.
Awesome.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity

0:17 seconds in to the trailer, "now shape-up!", was sampled in on old favourite mix of mine, a CD called 'F****ing Hardcore 4' (Mokum Records, I believe).

I always enjoy finding out the sources of samples used in electronic music.

Actually, that same mix sampled the "hellI like you, you can come over to my house and *snip* my sister' line from the movie Full Metsl Jacket.

RIP R. Lee Ermey

ETA, that looks like a really strange film! 😶

That's some old school hardcore techno.

I had a great CD called industrial strength hardcore, awesome movie lines mixed in.

I want you to get up now....i want all of you to get up out of your chairs.
I want you to go to a window....open it.....stick your head out and yell..... I'm as mas as hell!!!
And I'm not going to take in any more.....

Lol

F*cking harcore

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   
EU royalties and nobility together with corrupt military and oligarchs are running large scale prison riots in Brazil . in political blackmail to attempt to stop strengthening of BRICS format ! Ursula von der Leyen is Individual one, in the chaos-making process helped by henchman Mattarella and BoJo

top topics

join