It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Songs from 1967 1968 and 1969

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   
For some strange reason have a strong affinity for a certain set of songs from 1967-69. Maybe because it was the "summer of love" era of music and pre-AIDS sex was rampant. There was a lot of counter culture going on and people were sick of the government. People were protesting the Viet Nam war. Many people where doing drugs and tuning out. Maybe that's why I like this era. I've never done any real drugs but I guess I just romanticise in some other alternate dimension I'm a cool rocker. Here is small set of the songs I like from this 3 year period:

Look how cool Jeff Beck looks in this video playing the guitar. He's amazing in this video:

Keith Relf was the lead singer in the Heart Full of Soul video above. Imagine being Keith Relf and missing out of Led Zepplin one year later! Keith Relf dies a horrible death:

"Relf died in the basement of his home in 1976 at age 33 from electrocution while playing an electric guitar. Relf had several health problems throughout his life, including emphysema and asthma, which may have contributed to his inability to survive the electric shock."

This song is timeless:

Here is the isolated vocals from White Rabbit. It's mesmerizing:

The next song is amazing. I just love the spacey mindset:

The following could be my favorite song from this era. I've listened to it over 100 times:

I was researching Iron Butterfly's history and found out Philip Taylor Kramer, the bass player, was engineer and inventor. And supposedly he had his own GUT theory and theory for how to do time travel. So I wanted to see if I could read any text on his theory to see how good it was. In trying to search I found this amazing gem. It turns out there is a guy named P A Kramer who writes science fiction stories about time travel! What are the odds for such a coincidence!!!

pakramer.com...

PTK's death was under very strange circumstances and many people have conspiracy theories. So then I wanted to compare the photos of PTK and PAK. Here are the two photos:

PTK: www.historicmysteries.com...

PAK: images.gr-assets.com...

Wow! They sure look alike! Maybe's PTK's time travel theories turned out to be true!

edit on 26-4-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
60's psychedelia is awesome:

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Wow! I had too much to dream is awesome!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Definitely some of the best music of all time, during that time.

...pre-AIDS sex was rampant

It wasn't as rampant as you might think during those years. I think it was 'rampant' in the 70s.

edit on 14CDT10America/Chicago026101030 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Hard to find three better songs than these from 1967.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Anything from Zep or The Beatles.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Your research about Iron Butterfly deserves a thread alone.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Jimmi Hendrix’s performance at Woodstock blew my mind, especially Star spangled banner and his improvisation at the end. I love most music from that era, early floyd are overlooked in my opinion. Piper at the gates of dawn is brilliant but Hendrix was something else, like a force of nature.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   
My music taste tend to go in a different way than most others .

This still gets plenty of playtime

This one is just beautiful

Can’t play songs in the 60s without the Beatles .

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
There are so many great songs from that era, and though I was very young ( not even a teenager ) they resonate very strong with me as well OP

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   
From 1967. Nice album cover too. Check out the piano part starting at 2:23

Afterwards

From 1968. I Talk To The Wind

From 1969. A Leaf Must Fall

edit on Fri 26 Apr 2019 by Hellmutt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   
If I could have made music even half as good as Grace while on L_S_D I'd be a super multi-millionaire today.
She is unsurpassed to this day in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow
If I could have made music even half as good as Grace while on L_S_D I'd be a super multi-millionaire today.
She is unsurpassed to this day in my opinion.

In my opinion Sandy Denny was better. It is all about opinion when it comes to music.

Song from 1967.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Come all without, come all within.

Till she finally sees that she's like all the rest
With her fog, her amphetamine and her pearls

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I first heard this song on the radio when I was about 8. Loved it then and still do today. Never gets old!

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Here are my top 3 from 1968.

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I just wish we could somehow slide current audio and recording technology back about 20 years.

The only negative about many of these fantastic artists is the limitations in sound and recording technology.

Imagine if you could listen to some of these artists in their day with the audio and recording technology we had in the 80's and 90's...or even today??? WOW...wouldn't that be sumthin'???!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join