It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unity Amongst the Human Race Will Allow Disclosure... Perhaps?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I was considering what it might take to actually encounter ET at scale after watching a documentary and doing research for a book I’m contemplating writing. Those thoughts led me to this post....

I’m starting to lend some credence to the concept that the reason we don’t have ET contact is a lack of unity amongst the human race. And that’s no hippy-dippy-bologna.

Curious what you think about my thought process here...

First, for the purpose of this post, let’s operate under the assumption that life exists beyond the earth and that our social media obsessed, warring, power-grabbing, gossiping, polarizing and antagonistic ways aren’t the pinnacle of life in the entirety of the universe (when I put it that way, I think, “fml - I hope we’re not the pinnacle because we kind of suck”).

With that said... My mind goes to considering that the ET species who make first full-scale contact with us humans obtained the ability to travel amongst the stars one of two ways:

Becoming the Dominant Species or Race by Force:

1. other species would have the same concept of a “food chain” that we have.
2. The general laws of economics would govern their world like it does ours until technology changed those laws.
3. This leads to tribes/territories/country’s/general sovereignty.
4. Tied to Econ, the notion of scarcity would produce conflict.
5. Conflict would result in war(s).
6. Warring would continue until a clear winner is declared.
7. To the rich go the spoils.
8. Tech/resources are consolidated
9. Resources can be reallocated away from military conflict.
10. To the stars they go.

These would be the bad EBEs - they choose not to make contact at scale because humans are plentiful, resourceful, quick on the trigger and won’t go quietly (plus the ETs have long supply lines). They want to conquer and realize we’re actually a pretty difficult pest to eradicate. They are good at killing populations but it’s going to be fairly hard to take us out and not blow up the planet. So they don’t attack - but they aren’t nice and won’t announce themselves because that would unify us and harm their ability to be able to divide and conquer us.

Becoming a Dominant Species Through Unity:

These are the good EBEs. At some point they figured out that kicking each other in the proverbial/territorial/etc. balls isn’t really doing much good for anyone since they’re doing it over racial differences/nationality/culture/etc. So their sequence ebbed and flowed more like this:

1. Species has a “food chain” much like ours.
2. Human equivalents rise to the top.
3. Tribalism/competitive spirit kicks in, borders are drawn.
4. Econ kicks in and scarcity proves to be a thing.
5. War breaks out.
6. Then more wars break out.
7. Some prominent nations (tribes) form and reach a stalemate due to mutually assured destruction.
8. Playing the military D measuring contest at this scale is expensive.
9. Realize we can all come together when we accept we’re all human, stop fighting and embrace each other.
10. Money that was used for war is now used for things like collaborative space exploration.
11. Conflict is ended, peace wins the day and we work to expand our race and push to the stars.
12. We can travel amongst the stars

These good EBEs wouldn’t touch us with a 10 ft pole because we aren’t even close to where they are societally and we’re dangerous - for the same reasons the “bad” EBEs stay away. These good EBEs observe us and want to help us because they don’t have the problems we do and if the “bad EBEs” win, that’s one more problem they’ll have to deal with in the future.

The primary difference between “good” and “bad” here is how they got here as a race - which will dictate their intentions. The good ones probability shoot down Nukes and the bad ones probably attempt to create the NWO/ISIS/God to divide us/etc. to fragment us, create alliances and destroy us from the inside out. But, when the good ones see us they look to move us in a different direction and avoid the problems we could have had - like aiding in the massive advancements in tech since WW2 and the nukes were dropped - which interconnected us more.

Why do the good ones do this?

Tech solves all of it - we get beyond economics and division which lets the “good EBEs” come to us and share their knowledge - cubically advancing humans at-large and at the same time stopping another hostile threat (like the “bad EBEs”) from expanding and threatening their peace and costing them resources.

So, unity - which we preach the virtues of but never actually do - actually invites ET contact and a better future for the human race. Without unity - there’s no disclosure.

Perhaps Gene Roddenberry got it right!

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 01:07 AM
link   
If any of the stories from history or even currently are true they have been making contact.

I can make contact with ants or even a smart dog. Neither know why I do what I do. The dog has no concept of where I get his food from or what goes into the preparation.

So what would ET gain by having a formal contact ? They already supposedly can do whatever they want to do with anyone they choose so why bother playing in Earth's ant bed ?

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

Yeah was going to ask how you know we haven’t had contact with what ever you call’ems.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I think the predominant question to ask is, why would they want to make contact in the first place.

If they are sufficiently advanced enough for deep space travel, there is absolutely nothing to be gained in trying to take over earth. Any element that can be gained from earth can be gained elsewhere in our solar system, at much lower risk. Then the entire purpose of contact goes out the window, as they could just block access for us beyond earth, while they use the rest of our solar system's resource.

Even if we don't pose a technological threat what so ever there would still be risk involved in intervention on earth. Just like you don't walk up to a lion or a wolf and try to communicate with it. They may not be technologically as advanced as us, and for reasonable people they do not post a threat to us, however they are still dangerous. I suppose the same would apply to humans.

The only reason to make contact would be if some kind of value could be gained from our existence. As we can already rule out any tangible worth of our planet's resources due to all of those resources existing in more easily accessible places elsewhere. Again, we can make this assumption even with no knowledge other than a sentient being lives in a location. They would simply be more of a risk to tackle than they are worth.

So that brings us back to our culture or creations as the only thing of value due to artistry, since they would have superior technology in every way. Then our value to them would only be like a zoo, or maybe even that of getting chock-keys for visitors, and finally to experience or look at what these strange creatures (humans) have created maybe even enjoying our actual art. Due to our struggle against one another we unironically create more of these neat and interesting experiences for them. However as soon as they come en-mass, our value is gone outside of raw resources as we would know we are being watched and change our actions accordingly.

So we are of more value to them without their open disclosure of themselves to us.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I think a broad strokes "universal warden" scenario may be a likely reason.

Earth probably isn't being babysat directly, probably no planet really is.

If a species advanced far enough, technologically, they could remotely maintain order of every civilization at once, by making it resource prohibitive for any civilization to spread or conspire together.

Perhaps this would manifest as something, such as... An accelerating expansion of the universe.

No stellar civilization can reach or interact with any other system, at scale. Think about how far our space program is right now. We have craft that have left our solar system, yet our closest neighbor planet... Has only been visited by a handful of unmanned drones... (Mars)

We are a population of 7 billion strong. We haven't even set one of us on another planet, yet we can propel craft as far as the Voyager probes.

It seems somewhat constrictive to me, and resource intensive. It would be an adequate "baby gate".

It would keep the advanced civilization safe, and prevent others from surpassing it, OR from hurting others, amongst themselves, with ease.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Technology does not solve problems. Technology creates more problems by centralizing power.

In the book "Technology and Power" the author Kipnis talks about how technology can be used to subjugate people under a central power holding authority. Technology creates power holders. And with the Metamorphic Effect of Power people use technology in very bad ways:

"In the words of Jose Ortega y Gasset: "Technology provides men the leisure to realize their true potential" This, then, is the promise of technology: a material world of plenty and a spiritual world in which we have the leisure to realize our highest potentials and the freedom to contemplate God.

Yet in nagging counterpoint to this optimism about the beneficent world of plenty provided by unlimited power is the suspicion that technology has another face. There is a world in which the freedom to choose and to control evens has been subtly altered so that there is less choice and less control. This is the world of "megatechnics," to use Lewis Mumford's apt phrasing, in which technology concentrates power and reduces individual choice."

Does the system of technology we have in our lives exist to serve us or do we the people exist to serve the system is a fundamental question with the character of our culture. If by "unity" you mean a more egalitarian power structure it doesn't look like it's ever going to happen.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: dubiousatworst
I think the predominant question to ask is, why would they want to make contact in the first place.

Culture. Culture is what makes life interesting.

If ETs truly exist, the only reason why I can see us not having full disclosure is because ET has some prime-directive. Human governments are never going to disclose because it makes human governments look weak, ineffective, and unnecessary.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   
It definitely will speed up the process. "They" have stated to many abductees that at least 50% of humanity has to believe in intelligent ET life before they will show themselves, because otherwise it would be too "shell shocking" for humanity as a whole.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Why are aliens always like the colonists invading the americas? Why would they want to fight us? Why would they want to have us join them? Why do you assume they would even relate to us or any of those concepts that we view the world through? Maybe they live in some totally ALIEN way to us...

Unity amongst humans has nothing to do with ET... unless it's somehow your religious viewpoint.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Why are you viewing EBEs as good or bad? Why do they care about human morality? They sound like angels and demons with how you speak of them. Why so religious with the alien stuff? a reply to: EnigmaChaser

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

When has there ever been unity where our race is concerned in the span of recorded history?

Need to stop fighting an endless class war before unity or equality will ever become the colour of the day.

And for that to happen humanity requires a paradigm shift the likes of which we have yet to witness im afraid.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   
OP,
You didnt happen to recently listen to the old Art Bell episode with Jim Sparks did you?

He has a similar message.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Maybe human unity would help foster open contact with extraterrestrial life. Such contact might also aid humanity in becoming unified. Perhaps both humans and extraterrestrials have something to contribute to both human unity and open contact.
We've established (an admittedly imperfect) United Nations. We've managed to avoid total nuclear war, having possessed such weapons for over seven decades. We're trying to work together to create a sustainable technology for ourselves, which doesn't destroy our world.
The extraterrestrials might meet us halfway by openly disclosing their presence, making it obvious and undeniable. That should help us to see ourselves as one people, on one small planet, in a very large galaxy full of intelligent life.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I think telling everyone on this planet that we are not alone in the galaxy would unite this planet. People would realize we are all human instead of a nationality.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Without pain, without sacrifice we would have nothing.

Conflict is a natural state.

Aliens that come to this planet should be viewed and treated like a potential invasion force.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: wdkirk

Might be nice to see what we could achieve given a few 1000 years of peace all the same.

We might have been to the stars and back by now, or out there amongst them.

Conflict and war moves along technology, but not always in the manner and direction in which it should.

Possibly worth considering that you assume conflict to be a natural state simply because we have never known anything different.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   
If there are thousands of highly intelligent alien races out there, as some people believe, what do you think the odds are that every single one of them down to the last one would agree to go along with this plan to leave humans alone because we're too dangerous?

Seems to me that there would probably be as many agendas out there as there are alien species, so if there are any aliens at all, I assume that more than a few of them would be right in our faces all the time.

That is, unless the biggest, toughest aliens are protecting us from the others. Like birds in a cage.

The Zoo Theory once again.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Even if there were thousands of highly intelligent alien races out there.

Maybe they are simply to far away from our location.

Or even outside the observable universe, from our perspective.

Never ever have even detected our meager attempts at communication or civilization.

The scale of existence certainly makes such at least a possibility.......so far anyway.

edit on 26-4-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
The scale of existence certainly makes such at least a possibility.......so far anyway.

Okay, but here's another question. If an alien civilization is so far away that we'll never detect them or have any contact with them, how is that different than them being fictional, or not existing at all?

My answer to "if a tree falls in the forest, does it make a sound?" is "hypothetical trees don't make any noise." This is where cosmology bumps up against consciousness.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Some questions we simply don't have the tools nor the mental capacity to address the vastness and totality of our universe dictates, such.

Take for instance what came before the big bang and current iteration of space-time which it spawned.

If we cannot measure or observe something in a meaningful manner then there can be no resolution or meaningful answer.

I would suggest the issue is more to do with physics bumping up against metaphysics rather than cosmology vs consciousness.

Interesting to ponder all the same.
edit on 26-4-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join