It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2019 NFL Draft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   
It's been an interesting first 20 picks. 1 and 2 we're pretty obvious and yes, I am calling Murray a bust..right now, go play for the A's kid

Jon Gruden outsmarted himself again, Clelin Ferrell LOL, Sweat and Kelly on the board....SMH

The Football Giants took the wrong QB and handed him to a division rival..Washington.

Carolina selected a young man (Brian Burns) who was not informed that smoking crac* on draft night was a bad idea.

Here we are at what 23 and D.K Metcalf is still waiting?? what about Josh Jacobs?..Greedy Williams?

This is where I enter my conspiracy....why do so many guys who didn't travel to Nashville, have their team hat at the ready?

Did they get a hat from all 32 teams and just pull out the correct one or......

IS IT ALL FIXED!!

edit on 25-4-2019 by Sabrechucker because: Go BILLS

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabrechucker

With the $$$$$ involved they probably actually do have all 32 hats at the ready.

The cost of those hats is nothing.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

You're probably right but, I would bet a few on them knowing.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   

The Redskins somehow managed not to completely screw the draft up, they managed to hit it out-of-the-park.

Tomorrow’s 2nd and 3rd round will be where the real value is...expect the Patriots to look like geniuses this time tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Getting Sweat at 26 is a real steal. Plus Haskins.. Really nice. Now upgrade that line. Tomorrow should be a blast..tons of starter potential still available.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   
My question is WTF are the jets doing? Q Williams is a stud but, with 3 overall they could have traded back and loaded the pond. This draft combined with the the Marshall uniforms....No sir

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 12:50 AM
link   
The excitement over future brain issues, for a price, is understandable. I'd do it for my family too... I Love football, but the draft excitement is over hyped and under performed by most picks. A spectacle for the raw dawgs who live in the fantasy world. I'm only hating because it was aired on TV instead of Jeopardy tonight on my rabbit eared, supposedly smart television. 4k with no cable or Internet. Just antenna. Good luck with your teams though. Niners all day. Damn I miss harbaugh. I wish teachers had this kind of hype and money but we don't care. Apparently they are not entertaining enough to get this kind of respect which is disappointing. Imagine an Oscars ceremony for the best teachers in America that came with a huge check. That'll make America great again. We'd own the world cup if our best athletes played soccer. American athletes aren't professional floppers though, and don't act like their leg is broken from some perceived ghost contact to the shin. And that's why we are top dog. Ineffectual rant over.
Make that money

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Starhooker

I think the future brain issues bit is overhyped honestly. There are plenty of players who live to a good old age without experiencing problems. Are there some who ought to pack it in early to play it safe? Yeah, but there are lots of others we never hear about who don't have any more or worse issues than the standard population, too.

The thing is that any high level sport is going to tear down your body, some worse than others by their nature. Honestly, when you're doing it, you know it won't be good for you down the line, but that doesn't change your desire and drive at the time. I hurdled for over ten years competitively, and I've got the stiff left knee now to show for it. I knew every day when I looked at that bruised and abused knee that it wasn't good for me, especially when I saw so many family members getting knee replacements, but I didn't care. I loved what I was doing.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Number 1 goes to a 5 foot 10 inch qb...

First pick, first flop...

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Kinda bummed about my Lionheads picking another TE in the first.
If we can somehow get Greedy Williams in the second, I'll be happy overall.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

...first head coach to be fired at the end of the upcoming season, as well. I'm sort of hoping Denver dangles some birdseed in front of the Cardinals in trade for Rosen, assuming the Raiders take Drew Lock at 35. Then again, part of me would just as soon see them wait another year for Trevor Lawrence to come out of school and trade up in next year's draft to snag him.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o

Kinda bummed about my Lionheads picking another TE in the first.
If we can somehow get Greedy Williams in the second, I'll be happy overall.

Imagine going into contract negotiations with someone named "Greedy."

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Bluntone22

...first head coach to be fired at the end of the upcoming season, as well. I'm sort of hoping Denver dangles some birdseed in front of the Cardinals in trade for Rosen, assuming the Raiders take Drew Lock at 35. Then again, part of me would just as soon see them wait another year for Trevor Lawrence to come out of school and trade up in next year's draft to snag him.

Then that part of you should remain less remarkable in your NFL acumen — Lawerence can’t come out until he’s 3 years removed from high school — cause Lawerence is a 2021 draftee.

Lock may go before Rosen is moved because, well, the Cardinals, but some team is getting a cheap, NFL starter w/ an even cheaper 5th year option.

Thank you, G-Men!

Gleefully yours,

The NFC East

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Cravens

I think you'll see an ownership committee established this year to create an exception to that rule. He's been the first player in a very long while who was that young, but that universally called "ready" for the NFL. He's going to enter the league with dollar signs blinding every NFL owner and the recent success of the younger QBs in the NFL, especially events like the historically amazing emergence of Patrick Mahomes at an age where past logic predicted a few more years of growth and maturity would be needed before he was ready for the "best in the game" label, will ultimately lead to case-by-case exceptions to the 3 year rule being granted. I honestly think if Clemson repeats, Lawrence get exempted and will be the #1 pick in 2020. Another issue (which the NFL will likely only discuss behind closed doors) is that granting him an exemption after the 2019 season is over, allowing him to enter in 2020, prevents a repeat of "Suck for Luck" nonsense from happening. As it stands now, there are NFL teams who would be willing to go in the tank to get the kid, but they need to know when he's coming out early in the season to do it.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I have to agree there. Murray is extremely talented but, I don't see the long term in him. They got baited by all the "experts" should have gone Bosa or Ford.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

Hock is a nice snag, Now to help the Lions out...draft a solid RB to compliment his blocking skill's. So far they have not

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I would like to also point out the amount of FBS guys taken tonight..late 2 early 3rd. It seems that heart and determination is overriding "Raw talent" this year.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 11:26 PM
link   
At least my man Risner went to the team he grew up cheering for. Congrats to him!

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I do love the home grown stories! Nice grab by the Broncos!

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Uh no. It’s in the current CBA and that’s not up for renegotiation until 2021 and so, no, what made up committee you’re referencing ain’t doing anything for a single player, school, or whoever.

Ask Maurice Clarett how that eligibility rule worked out and how still works and will continue to work. You think Dabo Swinney or Saban or Harbaugh are looking to lose money to send underclassmen to the NFL?

But past logic and all that...keep it up.

And wouldn’t you know it, Lock was drafted before Rosen was moved and the Broncos gave away picks (could’ve had him at 41 with their pick, but getting him at 42 giving picks was bloody brilliant) to move up a single spot to get a lesser player.

I know deez tings.

Kelvin Harmon, the WR out of NCSU, is gonna be a big value get on the 3rd day...

join