It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philippines' Duterte gives Canada 1 week to take back garbage or 'we will declare war'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Canada should drop a preemptive nuke!

War?

Won.

Then go enjoy some poutine and waffles.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I guess O'Justin's idea of being "green" is to just ship your own garbage to another country and claim to be woke in regards to climate and green ideas. Never mind all those people in those other places getting green sickness from Canada's trash.

Reminds me of certain hypocrites in New York dumping trash 12 miles off their coast, then deciding it wasn't good green practice so instead now dump it 106 miles out. Out of sight, out of mind.
edit on 4/24/2019 by DJMSN because: Additional

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Really, each country should deal with its own garbage...

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Canada should drop a preemptive nuke!

War?

Won.

Then go enjoy some poutine and waffles.

Canada is not a nuclear power. My understanding is their "Final Solution" to any conflict, their most destructive WMD, consists of a drop pod that can be parachuted onto a city, island, peninsula, or battlefront. Inside the pod are seats containing time released belts. The belts secure Marty McSorley, Tie Domi, Todd Bertuzzi, Claude Lemieux, Ron Hextall, and one pissed off Canada goose. Every 10 minutes after touchdown, one occupant's belt is removed and the seat ejects them into the battlefront (this will prevent infighting as none of these weapons are intelligent enough to tell the difference between an ally and a foe.)

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Waffles? Pancakes please.

Anyways.

Here is a good link I found to give a breakdown of what is happening.

Apparently in 2015 Trudeau said going forward it won't happen again. And it hasn't.

Also, before that the government washed it's hands of the situation because they legally didn't need to:

Reeder allegedly tells the DFA that the Canadian government "has no domestic or international authority to compel the shipper to return the shipment to Canada."

From then on it's was basically just "move you stuff" met with "no". Until well this scenario happened.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

edit on 24-4-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Does this plonker realise that if he declares war on Canada, he is also declaring war on NATO ?

I can't wait to see Europe/Canada invade a small country with no WMD's over his rhetoric and actions within his sovereign nation.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Look out. Those Canadians will stomp you like a moose. They appear peaceful and polite, but they're always up for a good dust up.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Well they clearly aren't their friends buddy!

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Canada has a massive military in all aspects. 

Not really. They have a lot more money, but they don't have a substantially larger navy, and half of it is in the wrong ocean. Nothing else would reach. Neither has striking power. It just adds political pressure to Canada. Noone is shooting at each other over some waste containers.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Canada is not a nuclear power.

Long ago in my checkered past, I was a Missile Launch Officer stationed in Minot, North Dakota. I heard a story while I was there that one day a team was doing a maintenance swap-out of one of the missiles in a location pretty close to the Canadian border. There was a horrible blizzard, and because all the roads look alike it's hard enough to know where you're going even when it's a nice day, and this was long before GPS. So the big truck and guard vehicles naturally got lost on their way to the silo. After a short while, they discover a building. An RCMP station. The Canadians were very nice and pointed them back to the U.S.

So for a brief moment there, Canada was in possession of their very own nuclear weapon.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   
LOL. Best quote of that video is "Prepare and celebrate, your garbage is coming home"

I'm done

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

Between 2013 and 2014, Canada shipped tons of waste in 103 containers to the Philippines and ,in the years since, has been pushing the Southeastern Asia country to dispose of it.

When Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau visited Manila in 2015, he said that a "Canadian solution" was being developed and said the situation would not occur again, according to the news outlet.

Quoted from OPs source link.

I am surprised that Canada would ship this waste to Phillipines to dispose of it. Was there some earlier agreement for them to dispose such waste? Though it seems the Canadian solution was to stop and just forget about it, eh?

What has Canada been doing with their waste since 2015? 100+ containers in the last 3 years must have accumulated somewhere. Seems like easy task to remove this waste and process it as they are currently doing.

I can only guess, there was a business arrangement to sent recyclable stuff to the Philippines, and either the company went tits up, or shut down?

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShadowLink

And all this time I though the canuks were so lovable......

We are lovable, it's just the retarded douche bags we elected to run this country.

I too wondered what war between the Philippines and Canada might look like.
Turns out I won't worry about it too much: Most powerful militaries.
Canada is 25th
Philippines is 52nd
Not sure on the accuracy but I think we're safe here.

I don't know where you live but Alberta has been hit really hard by the Flilipino Mafia....other Countries severely limit Filipino immigration....Canada needs to consider it....because they work as an ORGANISATION INTERNATIONALLY.....freaking screwing the economy hugely….they finance each other with money and free to near free labor until they force all the local businesses to go teats up...then they monopolise....I watched a single city block become home to 5 Filipino businesses within 3 years...all started by the Filipino owners of a maid company called She Cleans..... they are screwing Canada just like the criminals who take CRIME VACATIONS to Canada all the time....they make more here doing break and enters with no consequence beyond deportation in a year than they would make in ten years at home,where they would be punished hugely for any crimes they do.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Xcalibur254

www.usnews.com...

"If you are corrupt, I will fetch you using a helicopter to Manila and I will throw you out. I have done this before. Why would I not do it again?"
Duterte made this comment in December 2016 while admitting that he once threw a Chinese rape and murder suspect from a helicopter earlier in his career and would do the same to other criminal suspects.

While he is a bit outside the box, I am still stunned at his lack of respect for the people of the maple leaf.

Duterte deserves to be locked up with the criminals he claims to be against.
His brutal methods makes him one of them.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

i am liking this guy more and more by the day... Imagine Justin Trudeau trying to be hard with anyone?! lol... I see justin backing down fast, and taking the garbage back with a giant L attached to his name... Good for Duterte, he has helped clean up the country quite a bit. Not too long ago, the beautiful island of Boracay was going to # due to over tourism and littering/garbage, he closed the beach down for over 6 months until they cleaned it back up, and now its pristine yet again. Ive been to Boracay before the clean up, and now i can't wait to see the changes!

He has a big mouth but nothing to back it up with though.
Let him take a go at it and watch what happens.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ShadowLink

Well if this year's NHL playoffs are anything to go by, rankings don't mean sh#t.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Canada has a massive military in all aspects. 

Not really. They have a lot more money, but they don't have a substantially larger navy, and half of it is in the wrong ocean. Nothing else would reach. Neither has striking power. It just adds political pressure to Canada. Noone is shooting at each other over some waste containers.

Which what has been made public knowledge Canada can easily kick some butt. I really wouldn’t underestimate them dude.
edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Yea well, we all know he's just pandering to his own crowed. This event is unworthy of a mention on this board IMO.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: CynConcepts

Between 2013 and 2014, Canada shipped tons of waste in 103 containers to the Philippines and ,in the years since, has been pushing the Southeastern Asia country to dispose of it.

When Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau visited Manila in 2015, he said that a "Canadian solution" was being developed and said the situation would not occur again, according to the news outlet.

Quoted from OPs source link.

I am surprised that Canada would ship this waste to Phillipines to dispose of it. Was there some earlier agreement for them to dispose such waste? Though it seems the Canadian solution was to stop and just forget about it, eh?

What has Canada been doing with their waste since 2015? 100+ containers in the last 3 years must have accumulated somewhere. Seems like easy task to remove this waste and process it as they are currently doing.

I can only guess, there was a business arrangement to sent recyclable stuff to the Philippines, and either the company went tits up, or shut down?

no that is not what happened. it was sent as "plastics for recycling". and when no one came to pick it up, (and that is when such containers are opened and inspected), after the maximum time, the containers were opened to be inspected. and found to be full of not plastics for recycling, but just garbage. and last i checked (mind you that was over a year ago), the company was still in operation with it's head office just outside of Toronto. and the port is quite busy. go out into Manila Bay and it looks like a containership parking lot with all of them waiting their turns to be unloaded, and loaded.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join