It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philippines' Duterte gives Canada 1 week to take back garbage or 'we will declare war'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadFoot

Do you think the Phillipines are mobilizing for war right now with a country 6500 miles away? Or are they using the talk to get press and embarrass Canada into actually doing something finally? Which scenario do you think comprises the more reasonable conclusion?

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Actually it's genius. The whole world now knows and is talking about it. Canada did nothing in 5 years. I would bet they are likely to speed up their action now.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
geez don't worry. i'm sure his mouthpiece will be out in the next couple days talking about duturdte's latest "joke". just like his "joke" in a speech to the military where he said it was all right for them to rape all they liked. something about crooked politicians and needing someone to later "interpret" what they really meant when they spoke. it's no wonder so many Filipinos hate him so much. especially with his allowing people to be murdered without investigation as long as you say they were a "druggie". or place a tiny bit of drugs and even an old worn out gun by the body. especially by the PNP and police. although it has been a rather cute way for him to deal with political opponents. lock them up on bogus drug charges. or simply put them on his drug list, and let them be murdered. it's amazing how many mayors and such have been murdered the last couple years. and lets not forget his selling out Boracay to the Chinese. or the ruination of so many people by his removing their livelihood by closing it down. thank God the election is just around the corner and he will be gone soon.

this garbage issue has been going on for far too long. for all Trudeau's campaigning on the environment and his being so concerned with the human cause global warming scam, where he is destroying the people and industry with his "carbon taxes". he has ignored this situation since the day he won the election. even after promising to do something about it. and it is no surprise that he wants it dealt with in a week or so. since the election is only a little over 2 weeks away. if he can get it done, he can claim that as part of his legacy, and it will help his family, friends, and party members get elected. especially since he can then claim he got it done where the last President could not. and of course a week should be long enough for his "forcing Canada" to deal with it to be known by everyone and be fresh on their minds so it can have a big effect on people's voting.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Actually it's genius. The whole world now knows and is talking about it. Canada did nothing in 5 years. I would bet they are likely to speed up their action now.

Actually....

That is not how Canadian politics works.

See, the PC's did nothing on this when the problem was first acknowledged. Wouldn't be shocked is that was intentional, as it wasn't exactly a big secret that the PC's would not make majority in the next election.

Now, the Lib's get to just let this keep rearing it's head every couple years, so that they can point out the 'PC mistakes'.

Unfortunately, Philippines gets stuck with a couple tons of our trash, and no one really wanting the issue resolved from our side.

Duerte did good for his folks, but I doubt Canada cleans this up any snappier due to it. Too much political hay involved.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShadowLink
a reply to: shooterbrody

And all this time I though the canuks were so lovable......

We are lovable, it's just the retarded douche bags we elected to run this country.

I too wondered what war between the Philippines and Canada might look like.
Turns out I won't worry about it too much: Most powerful militaries.
Canada is 25th
Philippines is 52nd
Not sure on the accuracy but I think we're safe here.

Time to start building our super secrete Avro Arrow

Are those submarine from UK working yet
edit on 24-4-2019 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: generikand lets not forget his selling out Boracay to the Chinese.

That is one thing me and my wife don't like, his relationship with China. Blame Obama for that.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

Which is why nothing got done, and Duterte is calling them out for it on the national stage.

It may not work, but it's the best thing he can do is draw attention to it.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   

It may not work, but it's the best thing he can do is draw attention to it.

Yes and no.

Honestly, he should have shipped them back, then made the statement. He is very much in the legal right, actually forcing my gooberment's hand would have been the most effective thing, in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I think he's grandstanding in an effort to get some other signatories to the convention to step up and apply pressure on Canada to follow through on their commitments. Probably not the most diplomatic course he could take, but still it may prove effective.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

He can't ship it back. First it would cost money, and then he gets there and Canada denies them docking ... oops.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
I think he's grandstanding in an effort to get some other signatories to the convention to step up and apply pressure on Canada to follow through on their commitments. Probably not the most diplomatic course he could take, but still it may prove effective.

Nobody has done a thing in 6 years. Why would they do anything now?

Duerte & Trudeau have both 'discussed' it at every ASEAN meet that Trudeau has attended. It's not like everybody hasn't known about this issue for a very long time.

If I was Duerte, the time for talking would be over now. I would have been making my statement while the cameras recorded the containers sailing out of the harbour behind me.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

He can't ship it back. First it would cost money, and then he gets there and Canada denies them docking ... oops.

And Canada looses vastly more international image than anything so far.

If he gets them on a ship, Canada must deal with it.

If he waits until Canada deals with it, as is, we will hear about another port holding containers in 5 years.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Trillium

Thats a pretty sweet looking arrow.
I was always disappointed with what happened to the Avro Arrow. Would have been nice if we didn't have to buy all our war planes from elsewhere.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Actually it's genius.

Yes all the geniuses I know use chest puffing as a social tactic.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert
I'd give the Philipinos even odds.

I would definitely not give them even odds. They do have highly trained spec ops possibly some of the best know on this planet. But they would get crush by Canada.
Logistics is def not in favor given the distance. Fuel consumption and a smaller navy will not be in their favor. Canada has a massive military in all aspects. Canada would have it in the bag in the blink of an eye. I expect them to do nothing as it would be a break in contract. Well would have been but that matter has since been resolved. Canada can now take the trash back but let’s be real here. Money or oil will have to come back with it for them to do so.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

No one knew anything about it and yet here you are posting about it. Seemed to work to me.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I declare war on the MSM for publishing such stupidity!

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Well so much for being green leaving trash in the of diversity. Maybe Duetre should charge us with a carbon tax too since it good for the environment.

edit on 24-4-2019 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I think Canada should take the garbage back and when the containers get to shore and emptied, reload the containers with all the Phillipinos that are working here. They have to come work in Canada to survive and send money to their families out in the Phillipines. If their President is so good... create work for them!

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   
As for a war with Canada? OMG, must be fake news

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join