It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philippines' Duterte gives Canada 1 week to take back garbage or 'we will declare war'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

www.foxnews.com...

Oh Canada......

Filipino President Rodrigo Duterte on Tuesday reportedly threatened to "declare war" against Canada within the next week if the country fails to remove tons of garbage that was previously shipped to Manila.

Oh crap

Duterte, in remarks aired by state media and reported by The Canadian Press, said he will "give a warning to Canada maybe next week that they better pull that thing out or I will set sail." "I will declare war against them. I will advise Canada that your garbage is on the way. Prepare a grand reception. Eat it if you want to," he said. "Your garbage is coming home."

And all this time I though the canuks were so lovable......
Who knew they had issues with the Filipinos?

Duterte seems a bit wacky imo, but I do not recall anyone ever threatening the people that made "strange brew".
I wonder what an attack by the Filipinos would look like?

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Remember when people on here thought Duterte wasn't bats**t crazy?

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

www.usnews.com...

"If you are corrupt, I will fetch you using a helicopter to Manila and I will throw you out. I have done this before. Why would I not do it again?"
Duterte made this comment in December 2016 while admitting that he once threw a Chinese rape and murder suspect from a helicopter earlier in his career and would do the same to other criminal suspects.

While he is a bit outside the box, I am still stunned at his lack of respect for the people of the maple leaf.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I'd give the Philipinos even odds.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Canada lost its neutrality when it sided with US and shut down their own companies. It is very obvious with the Huawei issue.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

And all this time I though the canuks were so lovable......

We are lovable, it's just the retarded douche bags we elected to run this country.

I too wondered what war between the Philippines and Canada might look like.
Turns out I won't worry about it too much: Most powerful militaries.
Canada is 25th
Philippines is 52nd
Not sure on the accuracy but I think we're safe here.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Isn't Annie Cruz Filipino?

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ShadowLink

We are lovable, it's just the retarded douche bags we elected to run this country.

Oh you guys are not the only country that has that issue.
It seems we south of you can only elect that particular type of candidate exclusively.

Not sure on the accuracy but I think we're safe here.

I don't know ....that dude seems flat out nuts.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

i am liking this guy more and more by the day... Imagine Justin Trudeau trying to be hard with anyone?! lol... I see justin backing down fast, and taking the garbage back with a giant L attached to his name... Good for Duterte, he has helped clean up the country quite a bit. Not too long ago, the beautiful island of Boracay was going to # due to over tourism and littering/garbage, he closed the beach down for over 6 months until they cleaned it back up, and now its pristine yet again. Ive been to Boracay before the clean up, and now i can't wait to see the changes!
edit on 24-4-2019 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert
I'd give the Philipinos even odds.

Canada's prime minister is one of the world's biggest soy boys. Sorry, but I'm giving the edge to the Filipinos.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I will take that bet.....P.I. plus 6.5 points. 😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

So is it just bluster in your opinion?
Will Duterte actually follow through?

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Does this plonker realise that if he declares war on Canada, he is also declaring war on NATO ?

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Between 2013 and 2014, Canada shipped tons of waste in 103 containers to the Philippines and ,in the years since, has been pushing the Southeastern Asia country to dispose of it.

When Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau visited Manila in 2015, he said that a "Canadian solution" was being developed and said the situation would not occur again, according to the news outlet.

Quoted from OPs source link.

I am surprised that Canada would ship this waste to Phillipines to dispose of it. Was there some earlier agreement for them to dispose such waste? Though it seems the Canadian solution was to stop and just forget about it, eh?

What has Canada been doing with their waste since 2015? 100+ containers in the last 3 years must have accumulated somewhere. Seems like easy task to remove this waste and process it as they are currently doing.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

This is fox news though. Duterte maybe saying he is declaring war on Canadian garbage. No Canada itself. But MSM makes it looking like he is going to cause WW3.
American MSM is a total joke. Worst than Canadian news.

edit on 24-4-2019 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

This is what happens when you try exporting your garbage to third world countries, Canada should just dump it in the ocean like other nations do.

Seriously though, what we do with our rubbish is going to be a huge issue, one that simply sweeping it under the rug isn’t going to resolve.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ShadowLink

Well the US has proved military power rating is worth as much as the tax payer money wasted on failed efforts...

Wait, that didn't sound right.

Screw it, yall get my point.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I think he is tired of Filipinos being taken advantage of.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

The problem with US is the military isn't the one responsible for disposing garbage. The Recycling or Garbage companies do. Just look at the garbage American soldiers brought to Iraq during Iraqi war.
edit on 24-4-2019 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

www.npr.org...

Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte wants Canada to come get tons of trash that was wrongly sent to his country — and he's threatening extreme steps if Canada doesn't clean up the situation. "We'll declare war against them," Duterte said Tuesday.

Is NPR more your speed?
Or is that too "MSM" as well?
Between the membership drives of course....

<<   2  3  4 >>

join