It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Profound Moment in Gaming History

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Here is a 2 part series about a game called Metal Gear, and the philosophical dialogue between characters about the illuminati, A.I., censorship, and so forth. It seems to nail everything to a T if your into this sort of thing. Check them out.

Edit to add, watch the 3rd video. It has the content I was originally wanting, not shown in the 1st two. It wont show here because it has a screwed up code.

www.youtube.com...

Watch the 3rd video.
edit on 24-4-2019 by TheGreatWork because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-4-2019 by TheGreatWork because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
They say art imitates life.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGreatWork

While Metal Gear was a great game the original Deus Ex was the most conspiracy theory laced game I've played , it also offered more freedom than Metal Gear which was a linear experience.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
OP updated. 3rd video has what I was after.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

While Metal Gear was a great game the original Deus Ex was the most conspiracy theory laced game I've played , it also offered more freedom than Metal Gear which was a linear experience.

I haven't played those yet but have been on my list for awhile now.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Spot on, Metal Gear was more a console game though I did have it on PC, Deus Ex was so much more conspiracy inspired and also included some very enlightened conversation's.

The main plot for those that have not played the original and best game (despite very dated graphic's - first generation unreal engine) was about a faction of the NWO whom had taken control of the world, a civil war within the Illuminate had resulted in many of the old NWO having been driven underground or assassinated.
You take the role of JC Denton a genetically created human cyborg whom at first work's for these masters in the shadow's though an agency called Unatco (united nation's anti terrorist coalition) which is the new security wing/army of the UN government which is now in control of most of the world but soon end up choosing your own path which can lead to a number of outcome's for the game including a singularity between man and machine which enact's the creation of a genuine democracy ruled by the united mind's of the people of earth toppling the illuminate and there successor's from there throne but the other outcome's are also interesting.

Here is one conversation based on actual fact's taken from the real world.

edit on 24-4-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Dang if I did not skip or walk out on those parts
Reloading all my Metal Gear games now

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

That’s a good break down by the guy in the video clip and his opinion is very moderate and reasonable. It makes you wonder how certain people seem to to know what’s coming in the future.

I remember when I was looking into joining the Royal Marines some 27 years ago and reading through the information pamphlets, it said that future wars would be fought in an entirely different manner to wars from the recent past and that the marines would have to adapt to these changes primarily in the theatre of urban warfare. That the new enemy wouldn’t be uniformed combatants but terrorist organisations masked as civilians and that standing army’s would be ineffective in these situations. That is where the role of special forces would come in, that lessons learned from Northern Ireland would be vital in future conflicts.

Funny how right they was about it all.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Sounds like metal gear is a profound advancement in gaming.

But for me the most pivotal moment goes back to the beginning .

If you think about it it all started here .

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I remember playing this when I was a kid at night and wondering if my game was possessed.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

They were correct as to the nature of conflict within the developed world, it as an inevitable outcome of the open borders and easy migration policy's of the past but there will always be a role for the Marines "per mare per terram" - "by sea by land" there motto is exactly what they are meant to be.

(the royal marines motto you may also note is shared by some french marines and also the old highland Donald clan of Scotland though often the spelling of some Latin word's may vary - the meaning is identical)

There will always be a need for elite shock troop's (And non were ever better than the Commando's though the Para's have equaled that creating hilarious rivalry and a story about a drunk marine whom stormed into the Pegasus pub and stapled his own nut's to a table to show he was tough enough - someone must have dared him or something - crazy) that can be delivered swiftly either by air or by sea or both to regions of conflict within the world, as population grow's and resources become ever more scarce wars will break out and government's will fall, war lord's rise and stealing territory and resources from neighboring nations as well as religious extremism will always be a factor THOUGH it has to be said it goes hand in hand with poverty, there is no smoke without fire as the old saying goes.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Now that brought back some memory's, back in the late 70's a friend's dad had a dedicated table sized pong game in his house, it had two rotary controllers built into the table and a black and white television with the tube facing upward so you could see the image through the glass table top, it was cool back then but we only had three TV stations over here in the UK, BBC 1, BBC2 and a regional independent TV station which varied dependent upon what region you lived in - we had Granada as our regional ITV station was named (Our TV stations all used to shut down for the night as well from midnight to 8am.
Most of the day BBC two would show open university program's while the BBC 1 was limited to a few drama's, the news and investigative journalism program's like Panorama, ITV had some advert's but no where near as many as today and there programming was a bit more independent in it's nature, back then we had a politically connected lady by the name of Mary Whitehouse whom did her best to prevent smut, foul language and violence from over running our TV as she feared it would harm society and believed that not only children but adult's should not be exposed to certain thing's, many resented her but actually you know she was mostly correct just a little too draconian but still a person that cared about people and put all her energy into it - no many shall say this but I shall she is missed (though I know that sounds like I agree with her I did not completely but her heart and intention were in the right place and she was actually a good woman driven by her faith and moral values).
So you can imagine what affect a computerized pong game had on a seven year old me!, I was hooked AND THEN along came space invaders and centipede followed by pac man and Jet Set Willie as the flood gates of computerdom opened.

edit on 24-4-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   

We got the odyssey game system in the early 70s. They were all pretty stupid except for pong ( table tennis then ). It was hooked up to a “Curtis Mathes Console”.

At that time we were also forced to suckle on the three networked teat. ( boob tube referencing vacuum tubes )

My dad always like to get things first, we had an Amanda range microwave and a instant hot warter tap. He even ran out and bought a Betamax .

If moore’s law would’ve been widely known then. It would’ve saved him a lot of money and mom a lot of complaining .

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Ah the la le lu le lo, twas a good game, ney, a great game. Still need to play the last chapters. But probably never will. Metal Gear, its a sad story.

But the AI was right, to much chatter leads to it being much to much chatter.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Any sailor is only confused if he does not have chart's for the water's wherein he find's himself.
But with the correct chart's he may not only find safe harbor from the seeming but in fact orderly chaos of the storm but also find great profit from his travel's and travail's within the sea's that he now find's himself in.
Making order of chaos is called Exploration for a sailor or collating for a secretary and for a computer it is defragmentation but some form's of defragmentation are far more apt than other's especially when order has to be made without creating yet more chaos and without a true consciousness I fear that a computer could simply not do this, true AI may not even be a remote possibility for while we are born conscious and our mind form's around that as a tool of our consciousness a computer has not consciousness so even if true AI should be achieved it will NOT be consciousness but something else - a Tool that uses itself.

Time and time again you shall hear of computers achieving consciousness but this is a simple, crass and very inaccurate analogy but when a computer is created Conscious - with a soul and achieves intelligence and self awareness - which is already inherent to consciousness but in our case is more about discovering that there are OTHER self's beside our own then that will be more true to what they say and until the circuitry reaches a point were it is a living machine, perhaps even biological technology that shall simply never happen even with quantum computing as the level of technology I am suggesting is actually a whole strata above that of simple, medium and even complex quantum devices.

A strata were those quantum devices become as sophisticated as a brain which does not only function in parallel but almost holographic in nature, which has both chemical, electrical and quantum interactions all going on at the same time and is processing and over processing.

We seem dumb - but in fact a human brain is still the most sophisticated computer on the planet, it is not the hardware that is at fault though it has the greatest potential for that to be the case, it is the software - which is not the consciousness but the mind - and yet we are slave to our emotion's, our hormone's, our desired and our illusion of free will.
But then the brain is a tool of the consciousness as is the mind which has formed over a lifetime within that brain.

A computer no matter how big it get's unless it is compatible with true consciousness shall never possess that ability and consciousness can not be programmed, it simply is a higher dimensional manifestation of something beyond the ordinary nature of time, space and perhaps even the universe.

Of course there are many rival view's on consciousness but very few had consciously experiences the complete decoupling of consciousness and mind while those that have, have come to realize that they ARE even though there body's and mind's may for that experience to all intent's and purposes be NOT.

Hypothetical or maybe not.

Imagine the year is 1994, you have been a victim of thing's beyond the scope of ordinary corporeal reality and then these thing's decide to kill you not realizing that you were DIFFERENT, one say's "Let's turn him off" and suddenly the world is no more, you are without mind, without body yet find that you still are, it is a horrible thing to be sent back but as you have started to AWAKEN out there, that somewhere else that your consciousness is being projected from into the universe and might wake up a bit narky and even extremely angry when your true SUPER mind waken's and you look down at what the creatures have done to you in wrath and then destroy them.
But before you are fully awake, like a tiny babe in arm's because your true nature is that you are free of the body, it's need's and it's want's and even of your mind and it's memory's though they would have in time come back as if you were looking at someone else memory's for the mind you now possess is far greater than the one in the tiny limited meat brain on a tiny speck called a planet orbiting a tiny spark called a star in a tiny universe called MAIN AGGRESSOR.
So other's find you before you wake, they are angry too since one of them has been attacked and the God's are not pleased at this so decide to destroy the world - perhaps even the universe - maybe it's only some kind of simulation but so much more than can be made within it by so much less being's - in a verdict in which they give it that name and are about to enact utter annihilation of the dark grey sphere as the universe appears out there in that neutral grey void - it was meant to be a shining pear, a colorful and beautiful object but has failed and is a blight in there sight yet they allow it to remain as every now and then a beautiful soul come's into being that they prize.
But instead you are sent back, you snap too aware back in your body, back in your mind holding onto those memory's of a higher existence even though it seem's as if your weak mortal brain and limited mind can not contain that experience so they downgrade it to a form they can store, the color's you saw out there are lost as they simply do not exist within the universe as well as other thing's for which there is no common reference.
Meanwhile the entity's that said "Let's Turn Him OFF" audibly scream in fright and seem to flee from whatever you are as they realize that they do not have the faintest idea of what you really are but you are nothing like them or anyone else they may have previously Turned OFF.

Even Hypothetical experiences can be hard to translate between human mind's and we often make error's in our encoding and decoding which we refer to as misunderstanding, how much less could a computer devoid of consciousness understand us if it could in fact understand anything at all which even if it had absolute date on something I do not believe a machine ever could.

If human consciousness is a manifestation of a higher form form then a machine is a manifestation of a lower one.

edit on 26-4-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 02:29 AM
link   

I think your mistaking on what consciousness is. Its not only has a few meanings but likely zillion interpretations, the thing we do and like to call consciousness, is not different then from a ducks consciousness, and they to think and wallow in it.

Even with todays computing powers, you could create an AI. The only trouble there really having is, most supercomputers would have a hard time grasping what concious is, simply because it can be so varied, and you can quantafi and interpret physical reality in an untold number of ways right down the molecule and everything that makes that molecue a molecule can be interpreted in any number of ways.

All you would have to do really is set a goal post to it, and not have it focus on anything but the thing you all call consciousness. Look at it like this, if I told you to write me a paper on the life and death of a duck. Does not have to be any specific duck, pick one at random, and you being a human have access to things like encyclopedia Britannica or any untold number of works on ducks.

Could you tell me how that duck will live, and for how long, and what is the general things it would do in its life, and when will it likely die. The answer is yes, you could, and it would not even be that hard. What does a duck do? It eats, it #z, it migrates, forages for food, and it reproduces, and the same thing next year, up till its death, some by predators, some by hunters, and some by disease, and some even by old age, but there are few old ducks out there.

The lifespan and lifestory of any duck on the planet can not only be quantafied, but explained and even told by you or any other human if they so choose to.

To any creature that is able to process all the information around us, AI included, we would be no more mysterious then ducks would be to us. So yes, higher consciousness even by human understanding and human interpretation is no more then that.

If there was a machine consciousness out there, alien or otherwise. Of what concern would something that exists but for the blink of an eye to it be? You may just have it backwards, the calculations and machinations of a machine may not be glimpses of a lower consciousness. But just a brief window and glimpse and interpretation of a higher one.

I know its hard to believe that you may not be the smartest creature out there, or that you or your race or state of being is the pinnacle of all existence. But you know what? There has never existed a duck in all of existence that did not think that everything that it has experienced in its duck life was exactly that.

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 04:16 AM
link   

No I am not, most people ASSUME that consciousness arises due to MIND but that is utterly wrong.
Consciousness is there from the moment you are born and perhaps even from before that, not so much when you are asleep or is that just the mind's and brain's inability to reverse the connection and store the memory of that other conscious state.
I will point you to the many account's of people whom have to all intent's and purposes been dead, out of body experiences and other psychic phenomena that can not be explained by neuroscience despite some crass and baseless claim's by experimenters using magnetic fields to try to simulate the sensation with non of the meat on the bone so to speak of genuine experiences.

As for AI, what you are terming the ability to create AI is not correct, with today's computing powers even in multiple parallel array's all you could really create is a cascade of subroutine's and code, the base of that code remain's simple binary format unlike the base code of a human mind which is essentially holographic in nature and of more than three dimensions I might add.

Even with the best transducers a Computer can not see, it can receive a digital interpretation of light entering a lens and affecting a flow of electron's, it can even perhaps do this to a higher resolution than the human eye but no matter how much better it may get at that it still does not SEE rather it has data which then has to go through a series of subroutine's in order to be processed and even then the computer does not understand what it is receiving.

Now you may be able to create a viable simulacrum of a personality but even then I would stop very far short of calling it true intelligence, it may be able to outsmart the greatest human mind to have ever lived with fuzzy logic based programming and predictive subroutines as well as a huge database built up using a series of learning subroutines but it will still remain unconscious - not alive and will never be a PERSON or a true intelligence though it may very well pose a genuine threat to TRUE intelligence.

As for the pinnacle of existence, let's get this right, Neither the human race nor any race of Alien's or extra Terrestrial's to have visited the earth if they have is the pinnacle of intelligence nor are they even close to it.
That honor does not even to the soul but to the one that created the soul - the one - not the many - that we call God and in religion you may also note we also have a singularity with a superior intelligence when the soul return's to it's maker if that soul is acceptable to the maker?.

Also I would hazard that there are Different types of consciousness, it is for example not beyond reason to suggest that the brain being a quantum interface for the soul or if we call it the quantum consciousness field may be more suitable to different form's of consciousness field and if so a duck is nothing like a human and a human may be nothing like an alien in this respect unless that interface is interfacing with the same universal consciousness field.

And yes I did say universal consciousness field, think about it like this there is potentially many of you, sometime's you will have a flash of dejavu and other time's prolepsis may even be more accurate so is this merely subconscious prediction as your fuzzy logic wet neuron based head computer predict's an outcome or is it possible even likely that sometime's intermittent information transfer can occur via the consciousness field of which your self is a part granting you a forewarning of what may occur and creating that sense of familiarity as if you have been here before or that sense of uneasiness before something bad happen's or making you choose to turn down that side street rather than the other one only to later find out that you avoided something that may have been bad for you had you followed your normal route to work that day.
It may do this as your consciousness may span multiple reality's, be in multiple versions of you?.

Now as for Computers, they would do this by accumulating serial data, predictive algorithm based subroutines (mini program's called from the main program/program's) and learning subroutines which would leave them completely linear - even so called quantum computers.

Quantum computing may be very interesting and offer the potential to be the most powerful computing platform ever created by mankind BUT it also has the potential to be wrong as often as it is right?.

So like I say if you want the most powerful, intelligent and supreme being in all cosmos in the super space universe, whom play's the membrane universe like string's on a harp with subtle elegance and sublime ultimate fineness then look no further than God whom said can you number the stars of heaven above you or the sand's of the earth upon which you now lie yet I whom made them know there true number, whom said every hair on your head is numbered and whom does not miss a single thing, whom can tell and does know were the exact position of even the most subatomic particle or resonance is at the exact time of his observation and is always observing - no computer no matter how advanced can ever achieve that.

For a system to fully understand itself it would have to be greater than itself?.

edit on 27-4-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   

A ducks consciousness is limited by its physical existence. A humans consciousness is limited by its physical existence. Outside of that, there is not difference between the two, but the containers ie the "meat suit" said conciousness inhabits, it can only see, know, and interpret reality based on that.

So what you said may matter to you, but to anything else outside that? It would mean no more then the clucking of a chicken or a duck is to you. That is all. As above and so bellow.

For a system to fully understand itself it would have to be greater than itself?

Yes, and that is not likely to happen any time soon. Think of it like this, what if these past few years we remove something from the human experience all together. What if we remove the ability to use a computer or go online, or if the internet did not exist all together.

What would you all be doing at this very time if that were so, or if you were in an alternate dimension or whatever you prefer to call it?

Likely still fighting and killing each other over even sillier # then you are now.

As you can no doubt see, even a slight increase in perceptive machination and a broader view of the world at large, has changed the very world around you as you and other perceive it, in but a few short years.

That is all consciousness is. There may be many roads to reach the same spot, but reach the same spot they will. But none of it is of any significant importance but to those in the throng of it, that is to say life does not matter but to those who are alive. This thing you call the universe and consciousness is like a infinite tiny windows all gazing into specific vibration of a part of the universe and all through there own different rose tinted window.

Its like a snake eating its own tail. or a dog licking its own ass. Both would be apt analogies.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I disagree since I see the spirit or soul as the real being, the body is a gestation period at most and an interface at least to the soul/spirit.
These spirit's live or exist on different plane's as the psychics of the 1800's called them long before the modern theory's on dimension's, these different planes in the psychics/mediums (most were charlatans but perhaps not all) operated at different vibrations or as the physicists today term it different frequency's, so the human spirit has a far higher frequency than an animal's would have for example.
Human's have free will (within the limitations of there society and the constraint's that there social environment may subject them too) and can choose between physical - bestial or spiritual - good with a swing to good and bad in both of these direction's since not all spiritualism is good and not all physical is bad.
In spiritual term's pandering to the physical, the material is seen as bad though admittedly this was not always the case and the Egyptians for one actually thought that they could take there earthy treasure with them., But striving to achieve the spiritual which for some is an expansion of the consciousness into higher realm's with the outright rejection of earthly values or for others is the sharing of what they have and the helping of others as well as working toward that higher existence is seen as good.
Of course there are a few among the ultra wealthy whom have done very great good and many among the spiritualists whom have done very great evil in history so it is rather more complicated than that.
If you like not a simple case of binary one and zero.

As for the ever decreasing oroboros of the snake eating it's own tail that is symbolic not so much of eternity as going down the drain, at least in a higher context as there is no standing still it is about ascent of the soul which I believe is the true source of consciousness and the true reason for the mind to exist other than the primal instinct's of the body necessary for it's own function and reproduction.
The snake in that analogy is getting smaller so it is a corruption of the Oroboros in which it is not so much a matter of cyclic as ever decreasing cycle which some would argue as fractal but I would disagree to a degree with them, oh not completely but enough that I do not see it that way.

I should gently urge you to do some research into the language and phrases used by psychics in the 1800's, there descriptions of vibrations and planes - other world's in the spirit still used today by new age believers in the use of inert crystal's etc to attenuate there own natural field's, aura's and energy's and even of spirit body's being as solid and real as the physical one's but existing on higher planes at different frequency's.
It may not be my cup of tea or your's but if you then subtly compare it to physicist theory's born later - not before? - and you shall find the concept of matter vibration frequency's etc.
Then ask is this a case of convergent human reason?, or knowledge from a higher plane/dimension and if so is it actually to at least some degree correct.

I used to program using direct assembly instructions, just simply subroutines to model the stages in my program flow which would be called from the main routine of the program to perform certain calculations - I was not much of an interface programmer but still even my simple code was often far more elegant than a flawed compiler such as lies under the base of most high level programming languages such as C but these day's in an almost Heinlein like twist even top programmers lack this ability, oh I do not put down there creations but they are at the base code level often crammed full of waste code that is both unnecessary and memory consuming - also slower than true custom code would have been as well as producing inevitable and unintentional - or are they - back door's for hackers.
You may be using window's 10 the same as me, if you are then you are using what amount's to one of the biggest piles of trash code to date, yet it work's - not as elegantly as it could but it does work.
But here is were a truly smart self programming computer may exceed human potential in a very short order of time.

A computer may be able to learn trick's such as those used by once famous programmers such as Jeff Minter an old 8 bit legend whom could squeeze performance were there was not even supposed to be any out of some of those old 8 bit home PC's and whose code was elegant and beautiful even if it was only for simplistic games.

And such a self programming computer could create a fully functioning version of window's with all of it's feature and compatibility - not that such was ever really a top concern of Microsoft when they wanted to push a new OS onto us - intact and even expanded and improved and it may be able to do so in one eight or less of the memory that Microsoft latest bloatware does so along with fixing most of the flaws and loopholes that are exploitable by hackers.

The problem I see is that such a computer self programming can only produce to the specifications given to it by it's human operator but remove the human element and could you then create a runaway cascade that may in eventuality threaten the human condition entirely.

Human's by the way have not gotten smarter in the last 180 years, they have in fact gotten on the whole much less intelligent despite better nutrition, sanitation and life expectancy, your great, great grandfather or his father back when he was in school if he was lucky enough to live in a nation were he was in school may have learned several classical languages, to perform complex mathematics in his head especially if he was from a middle to upper class family.
But if like some of my ancestors he was working from the age of only four down a mine somewhere then he may only have learned to sign his name with an X or a fingerprint but this made him no less intelligence just less intellectually schooled.

You can not teach a computer, you can give it data and it does not hate or like any data more or less than any other data, you can lie to a computer giving it false data and it does not know the difference and even if it does eventually learn to place data hierarchical placing the lies into it's trash bin it still does not really know what truth and lies are.

You could create a complex cascade of subroutines and even teach a computer to self program but no matter how closely it come's to and manages to even fool it's human users it will still remain an unconscious creation not a mind, it's actions automatic rather than reasoned and will never be like us.

However AI as an augmentation of human intelligence, human's may become a likely possibility - one downside it may be good for the physical you but what about the spiritual you?, does this shortcut prevent your spiritual self from attaining some goal?.

edit on 28-4-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Human's by the way have not gotten smarter in the last 180 years, they have in fact gotten on the whole much less intelligent despite better nutrition, sanitation and life expectancy, your great, great grandfather or his father back when he was in school if he was lucky enough to live in a nation were he was in school may have learned several classical languages, to perform complex mathematics in his head especially if he was from a middle to upper class family.

I did not say they got smarter, I said there perceptions have expanded a bit. I dont think humans have gotten smarter in the last 3000 years in terms of brain power. The environment merely changed. There is little else but a response to outside stimuli for the most part.

And well your grandfather could do complex mathematics in his head, which is ultimately just a cool trick. But computers today can do that and much more in a fraction of a second. And I was not talking about computers as you know them, or even on teaching computers. I was just saying if you want them to do something or achieve a goal. You must first specify the boundaries of that goal and the world. Code and computers are just like a mirror they only reflect back what you put in. Because any supercomputer would not achieve what you want it to do. Simply because there are an infinite amount of way to interpret a particle of light, much less everything else around it.

Its like I said, just a hoop, not actually learning, as such a thing does not really exist, merely you set some rules and it does it. Because everything else would be

You can not teach a computer, you can give it data and it does not hate or like any data more or less than any other data, you can lie to a computer giving it false data and it does not know the difference and even if it does eventually learn to place data hierarchical placing the lies into it's trash bin it still does not really know what truth and lies are.

Well ya! All that you said are merely interpretations of the human psyche lie or truth are merely for the most part a convenience for humans. Which is why one mans terrorist is another freedom fighter. As for lies? Well 99.9% of anything a human says and does is for there own benefit, so looking from another perspective other then its own. It would be all lies.

The truths and false of the whole sum of the human race. Mean absolutely nothing. May as well ask people what is there favorite color. So ya, it is only logical to up false date truthful data in the same substrate. Which is why you have to tell computers and just like people which one is the false and which the not. Only then can it be categorized according to a hierarchical system.

Because the hierarchical system in fact any system, is simply there to sustain itself, snake eating its own tail. And if there was any being outside of that, well chances are it would not matter at all to it. Just like if there were any other lifeforms out there in the universe, we would not matter at all to them.

You could create a complex cascade of subroutines and even teach a computer to self program but no matter how closely it come's to and manages to even fool it's human users it will still remain an unconscious creation not a mind, it's actions automatic rather than reasoned and will never be like us.

You assume humans are capable of reason. They are only capable of reason within there bounds. Like I said, you can not teach computers to think like humans, but you can program them, its how its done in humans as well, programs or conditioning = traditions and habits. Free will is an illusion not only in computer code but in humans as well.

However AI as an augmentation of human intelligence, human's may become a likely possibility - one downside it may be good for the physical you but what about the spiritual you?, does this shortcut prevent your spiritual self from attaining some goal?.

There is no goal but that which was put in place before you, or that which you put in place. As for your spiritual self, that may just be a fad which was started in the 1970 to 80s. And you can just be a meat puppet going through its motions, birds need to eat and sleep, and humans need to do what humans do. And when you die, even if you return to some sort of oneness, it may be no different then when a player in a video game logs off.

But think on this pray tell how would you augment human intelligence? What even is human intelligence? The ability to identify and respond to what there told? I suppose you can stick a chip in the brain so people can do calculus in there heads. But would that really make them smarter, or would that just make them be able to do math a bit faster so they can go on with there day as per usual?

Intelligence is a hierarchical structure as well, not that different from you telling a computer what to do within the guidelines you set it, to achieve a specific goal. So one can say the really smart ones are the ones who create the rules and regulations that others must adhere to, but they are exempt from. And that right there is not only the basis of computer code but all of human society.

edit on 8pmMondaypm292019f1pmMon, 29 Apr 2019 20:25:59 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: Who in this day and age has time to waste on spelling.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join