It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Celebrate 100 Days of Controlling the U.S. House of Representatives.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   
April 23, 2019

In November 2018, Democrats rode a "Blue Wave" to retake the majority in the U.S. House of Representatives.

Earlier this month, the new Democrat-led U.S. House reached the "100 Days In Power" milestone.

To celebrate their accomplishments, House Democrats left on Wednesday April 10th to enjoy a lavish retreat. They will not return to Washington until Monday, April 29th.

To kick things off, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi addressed the House's first 100 Days of accomplishments.

“Although [the retreat] was initially scheduled earlier in the year, I think it has an added benefit as we observe the first 100 days, because we can take great pride in what has happened in the first 100 days,” Speaker Nancy Pelosi said at the opening of the policy conference Wednesday afternoon.

Pelosi’s public spending fight with Trump trampled on the Democratic message and tested members’ resolve. But Democratic leaders sought to pivot to campaign promises, holding a dizzying number of hearings on climate change, minimum wage, college costs, Obamacare and more.

“In the first 100 days, we passed bills that we said that we would pass,” Rep. Debbie Dingell (D-Mich.) said. “But I don’t care who you are, if you’re up for reelection, the people are going to hold every one of us accountable, and they’re tired of all the hot air.”
More at: www.politico.com...

OK...so there was a "dizzying" number of hearings, and according to Rep. Dingell, some bills passed. But I don't see any specifics listed in any online articles. Most of the Democrat-controlled U.S. media (which is 90% of all news outlets) totally ignored this historically important 100-Day milestone.

In contrast, Republican President Donald J. Trump achieved so much in his first 100 days, the White House had to divide the accomplishments into 4 distinct categories: www.whitehouse.gov...

In your opinion ATS, did the Democrat-led 116th House of Representatives accomplish anything that Americans can see or feel, in day-to-day life?

-CareWeMust

edit on 4/23/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The elections must be rigged because I don't see how they could have won with all the mud slinging going on.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Twitter has suspended over 5,000 accounts tied to a network amplifying a message denouncing the report by Special Counsel Robert Mueller as a "RussiaGate hoax." According to a researcher, the accounts—most of which had only posted three or four times in the past—were connected to other accounts previously used to post pro-Saudi messages.

In response to an inquiry by Ars, a Twitter spokeswoman said, "We suspended a network of accounts and others associated with it for engaging in platform manipulation—a violation of the Twitter Rules." An investigation into the network is still ongoing, the spokeswoman said, but no determination has yet been made about who was behind the campaign.

Source

Twitter likes the Blue Wave.

Because lies are BS.

Will ATS ADmin follow suit?

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=24338554]carewemust[/post

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

The elections must be rigged because I don't see how they could have won with all the mud slinging going on.

That's my first thought when I see the actions/words of Ilhan Omar, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Rashida Tlab, and a few other newbies.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 11:22 PM
link   

The honest thing to do would be to list the accomplishments and their details. Since that isn't forthcoming, it's all BS and 100 days of nothing except hate and orange man bad. Dems don't do work lol, they take the credit, but they delegate it to people who can actually work, like Conservatives.

Eta: I should have said 100 days of conspiracy to defraud taxpayers through determined inaction, collusion, obstruction, hate and orange man bad lol.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 4/23.2019 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

The honest thing to do would be to list the accomplishments and their details. Since that isn't forthcoming, it's all BS and 100 days of nothing except hate and orange man bad. Dems don't do work lol, they take the credit, but they delegate it to people who can actually work, like Conservatives.

Cheers - Dave

That makes zero sense.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 11:26 PM
link   

More like the first 100 days with the mental patients in charge of the asylum.
There is still a lot of crying going on.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 11:27 PM
link   

With all these vacations, I guess we'll have to wait until 2021 to see them celebrate 100 days of being at work. Geeshs people, they heisted …err…were elected into office to do something not take off and party. Friggen college is over, now get to work.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Samanth9956

Do you think the Twitter CEO's visit to the Oval Office today is connected?

Dorsey meets with Trump: www.bbc.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Samanth9956

Cheers - Dave

That makes zero sense.

Oh yeah, right, I said honest and we were talking about dems lol

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 11:28 PM
link   
My cat accomplished more in than last 100 days, than Congress has.

He's a fat layabout, and he still caught his own tail twice.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

The usual Democrat lapdogs of CNN, MSNBC, NYTimes, etc. may have done a write-up of accomplishments, but I couldn't find them in the first 3 pages of Democrat-friendly Google search results.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Oh yeah, right, I said honest and we were talking about dems lol

Cheers - Dave

Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York is planning to visit Kentucky soon despite being uninvited by one of the state's Republican members of Congress.
Corbin Trent, a spokeswoman for the New York congresswoman, told CNN on Friday that they've been invited by other Kentuckians and that plans are in the works for a visit to the Bluegrass State on their own, though the exact timing is unclear.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

The usual Democrat lapdogs of CNN, MSNBC, NYTimes, etc. may have done a write-up of accomplishments, but I couldn't find them in the first 3 pages of Democrat-friendly Google search results.

Am I usual?

Mildly offended...

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Thank-you for directly addressing the question I posed at the end of the O.P..

The big bright spot is that the U.S. House is the least powerful, between the Senate, White House, Supreme Court...which are all controlled by Republicans.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Didnt they sign some kind of pact to get trump?

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: RazorV66

Thank-you for directly addressing the question I posed at the end of the O.P..

The big bright spot is that the U.S. House is the least powerful, between the Senate, White House, Supreme Court...which are all controlled by Republicans.

Noted.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

With all these vacations, I guess we'll have to wait until 2021 to see them celebrate 100 days of being at work. Geeshs people, they heisted …err…were elected into office to do something not take off and party. Friggen college is over, now get to work.

After President Trump was elected and spoke with disgust at how little work Congress does in Washington D.C., I looked it up, and found that Congress works about 146 days @ year, and grants themselves annual pay-raises and housing-expense increases, because they feel they deserve it.

It was so disgusting, I started a thread...and add to it from time-to-time.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 11:55 PM
link   
And they joyfully celebrated it by aborting 100 babies and then greedily engorging themselves on their still twitching innocent corpses.
So, all i all its been one HECK of a 100 days! Grats guys, you really worked hard for your country and made it a better place!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join