It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Powerful pulses of radio waves coming from galactic center

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
Well if it is an intelligent signal and they are using some other sort of math language then maybe we need to rethink the way we do math. I am not familiar with binary but the ratio in binary might be interesting. And most of us if not all use a math based on 10 digits, 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7, 8, 9, 10, 11; A math not based on that could do something to see if a pattern develops. AND maybe theres a completly different way of looking at this, a math based on Sin functions or what not is ust another approach. OR we could be making as much progress as a dog chasing its tail or a cat chasing a laser pointer.

Right, but it's commonly held that the main reason we use a base 10 form of math (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12... etc) is because we have 10 fingers.

If we only had 8 fingers, for instance, our numbering could just as easily be 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18, 21,22, etc.

it wouldn't feel like we were missing 9 or 10 because those numbers never existed for us, you see? So something like 5+7 would equal 14 instead of 12.

Does that make sense to anyone else but me?

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
I'd like to know those things also. What I'm starting to think is that there's a link between this signal source and the recent gamma radiation burst that hit the earth, they both appear to have originated from the same area but I can't find any info on the exact locations. That's another thing we weren't told about until months later and there's a theory that the gravity wave preceeding the gamma burst may have caused the December 26 Tsunami. Here's a link to a thread on the gamma burst

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.spacedaily.com...

That is interesting the stellar burst occured that close to the tsunami. That's the first I've heard of that.

But I don't know that is was from the same location.

The designation of the neutron star that erupted is SGR 1806-20, about 50,000 light years from Earth in the constellation Sagittarius.

Anyone know if this is close to where the radio pulses came from? If it was, I don't know if that's a good thing or not. Could be a prelude to something bigger.

BTW, the only other base numbers I've heard of are binary (2), octigon(8), and hexidecimal (16). Hexadecimal

[edit on 3/18/2005 by rwatkins]

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
It's not the numbers that are in question, but the time. Of course, math is the universal language, but time would be different on another planet. Another planet's rotation and revolutions would be completely different than ours. Therefore, when we count something by seconds or minutes, this other planet would not have the same seconds or minutes that we have. Therefore, the numbers we find are irrelevant.

That is, if these signals came from intelligent life.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marid Audran
it wouldn't feel like we were missing 9 or 10 because those numbers never existed for us, you see? So something like 5+7 would equal 14 instead of 12.

Does that make sense to anyone else but me?

It makes perfect sense, I have thought about numbering like that forever. I just think there has to be a more advanced way of doing math and we do not have a clue of where it begins.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Maybe some alien race is experimenting with the black hole to create energy or something

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by steggyD
It's not the numbers that are in question, but the time. Of course, math is the universal language, but time would be different on another planet. Another planet's rotation and revolutions would be completely different than ours. Therefore, when we count something by seconds or minutes, this other planet would not have the same seconds or minutes that we have. Therefore, the numbers we find are irrelevant.

That is, if these signals came from intelligent life.

But they're not irrelevent if the signal was made for us. If we can accept that there's intelligent and advanced life in the universe, we have to accept they probably know about us already. Maybe they left a letter for us thousands of years ago, just waiting until we have the technology to pick it up.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I have been reading the original thread and responses(very interesing), and judging the responses by some I am certainley out of my league here. But has any thought about the recently discovered immense particle accelerator(currently believed to be some sort of natural phenomena), also found near the galactic center be related, as i understand it is 1000's of times more powerfull than anything we currently have on earth.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by RrenBut has any thought about the recently discovered immense particle accelerator(currently believed to be some sort of natural phenomena), also found near the galactic center be related

I asked the same thing in this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not sure if they are related or not.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join