It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New trial evidence suggests that the EPA colluded with Monsanto.

page: 1

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   

New Trial Evidence Suggests Government Colluded with Monsanto.

In early 2015, the government agency seems to have started working in conjunction with Monsanto to stall toxicology tests on glyphosate (the main ingredient in RoundUp) conducted by a unit of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

Collusion Or Coincidence? Records Show EPA Efforts To Slow Herbicide Review Came In Coordination With Monsanto.

The communications show that it was early 2015 when the EPA and Monsanto began working in concert to stall a toxicology review that a unit tied to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) was conducting on glyphosate, the key ingredient in Monsanto’s branded Roundup herbicide products.

EPA Classified Roundup as Carcinogen 30 Years Ago…But Mysteriously Reversed Decision.

1985: The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) was aware of the herbicide’s ability to cause cancer 30 years ago...

1991: The EPA already had evidence of multiple studies showing glyphosate is a possible carcinogen, but still reversed its decision suggesting that suddenly, six years later, there wasn’t enough evidence. It approved the herbicide for widespread use, classifying it as “Group E: evidence of NON-carcinogenicity for humans.”

...Just about the time former Monsanto lawyer Michael Taylor got himself installed in a key position at the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA), the EPA reversed that decision.”

So we have emails which were obtained thru the Freedom of Information Act documenting that the EPA colluded with Monsanto to stall the release of and bury a report by the CDC which showed the cancer causing side effects of glyphosate, the key ingredient in Monsanto's Roundup.

Apparently in 1985, the EPA acknowledged that glyphosate caused cancer.

Just 6 years later in 1991, the EPA then said that they didnt have enough information to classify glyphosate as a carcinogenic and approved it for widespread use.

This was at approximately the same time that Michael R. Taylor became "Deputy Commissioner for Policy" (a newly created post) under the FDA.

Heres some background on Michael R. Taylor:

[...]

In 1992, he signed a guidance that milk from cows treated with BGH did not have to be labeled as such.[1][7]

Between 1994 and 1996 Taylor moved to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), where he was Administrator of the Food Safety & Inspection Service.

In February, 1994 anti-biotechnology activist Jeremy Rifkin charged that Taylor had a conflict of interest with respect to the approval of rBST.[13]

Between 1996 and 2000, after briefly returning to King & Spalding, Taylor worked for Monsanto as a Vice President for Public Policy.[14]

[...]

On July 7, 2009, Taylor returned to government as Senior Advisor to the FDA Commissioner.[20]

[...]

edit on 22-4-2019 by gladtobehere because: typo

edit on Mon Apr 22 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Roundup is a prime ingredient here in the Marinade Laboratory. And the scraps etc waste doubles as prime compost additive.

Haters need to spend less lime hatin and more time making better more eco-friendly products, like our Roundup.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Wish I could say I'm shocked but Monsanto has owned the govt law/rule makers a long time.

Yet another reason to not trust the epa in my book.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

The EPA had been a disaster for a very long time.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Roundup is a prime ingredient here in the Marinade Laboratory. And the scraps etc waste doubles as prime compost additive.

Haters need to spend less lime hatin and more time making better more eco-friendly products, like our Roundup.

Where can I buy a case of this stuff?

Thanks Obama organic food lovers

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Our most popular product right now is Glysoprime aka G1. Its like A1, but its also got what plants crave.

You can order it by the case on Amazon, amongst others, but if you order from Amazon theres a big happy "smile" logo on the box.
edit on 22-4-2019 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Thanks Obama.....

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I assume this is sarcasm.

Right?

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

This should not be news to anyone.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I might be wrong about this and I don't have the time to prove it now (maybe someone else remembers this also)
But I seem to remember the EPA or FDA preemptively raising the 'acceptable amount' (parts per million) of glyphosate, eerily just before roundup was made stronger, due to pests becoming more immune to the pesticide.

Anyone else remember this?

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
It wasn't collusion, it is pure bribery, just look for offshore deposits into accounts of the people at the top of the EPA.

I don't even like to call monsanto Monsatan, it makes the devil look worse than he is.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o

I might be wrong about this and I don't have the time to prove it now (maybe someone else remembers this also)
But I seem to remember the EPA or FDA preemptively raising the 'acceptable amount' (parts per million) of glyphosate, eerily just before roundup was made stronger, due to pests becoming more immune to the pesticide.

I'd love to see the proof. Glyphosate is a herbicide, not a pesticide.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Have a distant relative who works at EPA (IT contractor).

It's been corrupt for years.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Corporations ARE the government. Welcome to the new America! More like 1937 Germany.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Excuse me, I was thinking it was for bugs for some reason.
Anyway, my memory wasn't quite right..

The rise in tolerance levels for glyphosate residue came as a result of a petition prepared by Monsanto in early 2012. While FDA did not perform independent tests on whether higher residue levels of glyphosate were dangerous to humans or the environment, it relied on tests and data provided by Monsanto.

greenamerica.org...

It was Monsanto petitioning the EPA to raise the levels, not the EPA doing it themselves.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Well, since Monsatan is now owned by Bayer, they can team up for new tests on the useless eaters ... like back in the good auld days of the camps... and who doesn't like camps? Unless a complainer of Jewish extraction, I guess. Can't please some folks.

I'd hate to be the PR guy assigned to put the lip gloss on the glyphos pig. But give it a few minutes and us gen pop idjits will forget they poisoned the food supply and the whole of the Earth... give it a generation and there may be nobody left at all to complain.

Sure wish we had to time off from work to grab torches, pitchforks and guillotines.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   
You mean to tell me a large government body seems to be corrupt?

Nooooo waaaaay. /s

That’s not meant to be a jab at you, by the way, but sarcasm aside I always figured the EPA was a corrupt agency.

It always seems to be money>lives.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o

I'd love to see the proof. Glyphosate is a herbicide, not a pesticide.

Glyphosate is a widely used herbicide that controls broadleaf weeds and grasses. Glyphosate has been used as a pesticide since the 1970s. Glyphosate acid and several related glyphosate salt compounds are also registered pesticides.

Glyphosate | Ingredients Used in Pesticide Products | US EPA
www.epa.gov...

edit on 22-4-2019 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Here you go, new evidence of how their herbicide can cause problems in future generations. Remember no testing of it's safety as related to it effecting our mental state or effect on future generations is required by the FDA or many other agencies around the world that govern these chemicals.

www.sciencedaily.com...

top topics

join