It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China unveils colossal Mars training base camp in Gobi desert

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   

“The terrain of Jinchang is high in the south and low in the north. It has a mix of hills and deserts, and the local climate is dry, with strong wind throughout the year. The temperature difference between day and night and the seasons is also huge, which can reflect an astronaut’s sense of survival in space to the greatest extent,” Li explained.

China is planning to launch its first Mars probe by next year and to land on Mars by 2021.

China unveils colossal Mars training base camp in Gobi desert

China has not been talking much about Mars. At first it was the space station and then the Moon. Looks like they are now showing their interest in Mars.

The new and huge Mars survival simulation base camp, Mars Base 1 is in the Gobi desert and will be used as an astronaut training facility. For now it is being used to inspire students in China.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Cool, but if china makes it to mars their local economy(jobs and manufacturing) is screwed.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

I was actually invited to be a part of an engineering team that will design "bugs" in a Mars training camp next year. I'll be a part of a team designed to create "drama and trauma."

I'm kind of "Giggidy" about that.

Seems everyone is doing this.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Sounds like a lot of fun and looks like they picked the right person to cause "drama and trauma "

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Haven't signed any NDA's yet, but have been told I will. I'm getting the full schematics for a Mars Habitat and I'll have 4 days to try to "kill" as many astronauts as I can.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Haven't signed any NDA's yet, but have been told I will. I'm getting the full schematics for a Mars Habitat and I'll have 4 days to try to "kill" as many astronauts as I can.

That's assuming you make it past the HR background check......

I'm guessing there will be so many red flags they'll have to call in the IT team to get the system back up and running.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

The "retired" individual that asked me to the team is a "retired" Air Force Full Bird with whom I used to work with when I wore a uniform.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   

The "retired" individual that asked me to the team is a "retired" Air Force Full Bird with whom I used to work with when I wore a uniform.

Typical, it's the only way someone with a record like you could probably sneak by. Using the label of "contractor" and most likely an alias like Mr Orange probably keeps you under the radar.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Have you ever watched Isaac Arthur's videos? I think he did a video on the problems one could face on a Mars base.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Have you ever watched Isaac Arthur's videos? I think he did a video on the problems one could face on a Mars base.

I'll have to check it out!

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Typical, it's the only way someone with a record like you could probably sneak by. Using the label of "contractor" and most likely an alias like Mr Orange probably keeps you under the radar.

Pfft!

I could probably get a job with the Trump administration.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Pfft!

I could probably get a job with the Trump administration.

Possibly, and if you don't fit the bill I'm sure he'd give a good recommendation to his russian superiors. You'd be in a similar geographical area as china, but with vodka and russian chicks.

It would be a win either way.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Name sounds really familiar. I, too, will take your recommendation and search out the videos.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   

If you have ever looked up just about anything to do with space travel or future tech you have probably run across some of his videos.

I watched a video on Clarketech from him today. Always informative and interesting info from him.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   
here is my predictions:

1) China will make a good show of all this and use at as good propaganda aimed at their own people and neber really go anywhere.

2) they will go all the way with this and get people to mars

3) They will conglomerate with the ESA, JAXA, Ros cosmos and NASA and we all go together to avoid anyhing nasty.

4)they fail and kill a bunch of people or worse strand a bunch of people on mars or in space and left to die.

4) they fake all of it until they can really make it

and finally they are forced to work with NASA/US because the US is already there and as crazy as that sounds i think people would be surprised how advanced the real US space programs is.

it might be good as to force the US to go back to aggressively marketing of space to the US population and education.

if i were a betting man i would say the US is already there or at the very least on the moon and has been. The US has some great LEO capabilities and that isn't even considering the black triangles.

it may for the US's hand in showing some of our cool space programs. we had all the plans and ability to go to mars in the 70's and that was almost 50 years ago, technology does not stand still.
edit on 21-4-2019 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   

If you have ever looked up just about anything to do with space travel or future tech you have probably run across some of his videos.

I watched a video on Clarketech from him today. Always informative and interesting info from him.

That's probably why I recognize the name. I've dabbled in some space travel from time to time. Granted the last trip was with a womanizing has been, but it's resume material non the less.

I do need some more science material in my youtube feed, so i'll dig back into it. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Cool, but if china makes it to mars their local economy(jobs and manufacturing) is screwed.

Okay, but how's that occur?

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

If you like video games, you'd really love Battlezone.

en.wikipedia.org...(1998_video_game)

Premise is Russia and the U.S is in space already and keeping it secret from the rest of mankind and of course, warring with each other on the moon and other planets.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I don't know man. Count me out of traveling for months inside of a made in China spacecraft that cannot have a single failure.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Can't think of a better person for the job!

<<   2 >>

join