It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pretty cool. CT scan of a 1k year old Buddah shows mummified monk inside

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
pretty awesome.

So cool being able to come across pictures like this so easily.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

You think he was dead or still alive when they encased him?

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776

oh i have no idea

i know nothing about the practice.

wouldnt shock me if alive though

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Do you have a source link for this remarkable image that might have some background info? THANKS in advance!

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Those are not the same statues.
Look how far the knees are sticking out from where the shoulders are in the pic on the left compared with the right.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
Those are not the same statues.
Look how far the knees are sticking out from where the shoulders are in the pic on the left compared with the right.

Yes, they are. The casing does not follow the internal figure exactly. Look at the outside shadow. On the right side, especially, you can follow the ridge line across the collar bone. The casing has been smoothed out. There is no reason the outside casing has to follow the inside body precisely. It's not clothing.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Right, it's not clothing. That is why you should see the knees sticking out , it shows the outline of everything but the knees? If you can see the outline of the ears you should really be able to see the knees ,

edit on 21050000004 by JHumm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: seattlerat
Do you have a source link for this remarkable image that might have some background info? THANKS in advance!

www.history.com...

The body inside the statue is thought to be that of Buddhist master Liuquan, a member of the Chinese Meditation School who died around A.D. 1100. How did Liuquan’s body end up inside an ancient Chinese statue? One possibility explored by the Drents Museum is the gruesome process of self-mummification in which monks hoped to transform themselves into revered “living Buddhas.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I believe you are mistaken. We do not know what the outside covering is. If the coating is thicker toward the knees, there is no reason you should see them. Let's not make up a conspiracy when there is none. The link provided tells the story.
edit on 4/21/2019 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

well the spent the time on it and it is/was on display at a museum so i am going to go with it being real and awesome.

if it dont sit right then dont believe it

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776

According to the article his organs were removed and replaced with pieces of paper that had prayers written on them.
Im not sure how powerful those prayers were but Id put my money on dead

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
a reply to: schuyler

Right, it's not clothing. That is why you should see the knees sticking out , it shows the outline of everything but the knees? If you can see the outline of the ears you should really be able to see the knees ,

As soon as I looked at it I noticed the Knees. They cut his legs off mid thigh. You can see the open femur at the front on both legs. Some artist have trouble drawing hands, I guess this sculpture hated doing legs.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Keep looking at it and you will see that they are not the same, take notice of the distance between the ears and the shoulders, again if that scan clearly shows the ears why is the rest of it not outlined the same way.
I am not saying that it didn't happen I'm just saying that that scan is not the same as the buddha.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I don't see the image of the lower legs and feet. They should be visible.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   

So how did they get him in that? Is it terracotta cause it could not be stone if there is a body in it.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

I don't see the image of the lower legs and feet. They should be visible.

It's because they have been cut off.

Look at TexasTruth's post above yours and look at the image again.

To the OP, interesting find!

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I believe they are pics of the same statue. The normal is taken head on, while the x-ray is slightly elevated making the knees look weird. Pretty sure I've seen this before a while ago.

Still cool/creepy to think about though. S+F

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 12:33 AM
link   
My suggested explanation;
This was a deceased member of a line of "reincarnated" leaders, ike the Dalai Lamas.
Symbolically, it resembles an egg, in which he is waiting to "hatch" for the next incarnation.
Meanwhile the statue is not just representing Buddha visually, but physically holding one of the aspects of Buddha, which gives it more status as an object of devotion.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
The image on the right appears to be cropped and at a different angle.

top topics

join