It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorists like my web site??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Ok ATSers I need your opinion on this topic. I run and maintain a web site that sells home plans, mostly high priced million dollar homes, and when i was going through my site statistics I found something strange. Most of the Visitors were arab. Now I know that in itself is not odd, for there a lot of Arabic web surfers out there. The odd thing about it was that every other visitor from any other county, and i mean we get lots of them have purchased a plan from my site but none that are Arab have.

The stats on average are:

3000 visitors a week
2500 visitors stay on the site and look around for more than 30 min
1200 Arabic visitors (.ae) or united arab imarates.

The rest are .com's and any other countries, and as I said before all the others have purchased home plans.

Just so you know,I'm not flipping out. "OMG TRRORISTS ARE BUYING MILLION DOLLAR HOMES!" lol I am just curious if these are normal stats and your take on the matter.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Is it your opinion that Arabs are terrorists? I had a whole difference conception actually a misconception about your posting.

Your website sells home plans.

1-Can you tell us how you know they are arab?

2-Do you have samples on your site?

When I read that you state arabs in the posting and then terrorist in the title I wonder are you trying to attract attention or do you equate arabs with terrorists?

Can you answer the 2 questions above?

I need that info for my next reply

Thanks,

00ps

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Your website might have been featured in an Arabic publication or website so that may explain the number of Arabic domains visiting your site.

The reason for them not buying may have to do with difficulty with credit card transactions and/or shipping to the United Arab Emirates.

They may use a US credit card and have the plans sent to a US shipping address that gets forwarded to their country.

[edit on 2-3-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Sorry about that, The way I typed the post was mislead, it sounds like i'm saying all arabs are terrorist. I mean a lot of people from .sa (saudi arabia and arab emerats (spell) are comming to my site and not buying anthing and this is odd. now they may not be arabic and just live there i cant tell that much info. Samples? What do you mean OOP?

Hehe and I've read qute a few posts by you OOPS, try not to be to hard on me.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Ace of Base,
That sounds like it would be correct, except we have records here of where and who build our homes. That is another reaon I found it odd.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I was just thinking maybe many arabs students who are studying design or something would really like to use your examples. That was quite a stretch but really in China people do things like that. And with 1.3 billion people you would easily have tens of thousands of Chinese people coming to your site downloading free samples to forge as their homework or use for ideas.

I know my posts are awful sometimes. I wasn't ever thinking anything about attacking you, just understanding !!!
Keep the Peace

Bomb The Earth

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I agee OOPs, that with that many people that is what is happening. but we have say about 500 hits from China, and 10-20 people at least buy plans, but none from the arab nations. Eh, its prolly nothing, I just that it odd.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
Your website might have been featured in an Arabic publication or website so that may explain the number of Arabic domains visiting your site.

This is a possiblity. Do your log's show referrers?

Originally posted by AceOfBase
The reason for them not buying may have to do with difficulty with credit card transactions and/or shipping to the United Arab Emirates.

They may use a US credit card and have the plans sent to a US shipping address that gets forwarded to their country.

Are you able to tell if they have even tried to purchase a plan from you? I know a lot of CC agencies ban entire regions/countries. You might be missing out on some business.

I don't think you have anything to be paranoid about.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
when i look through my web stats ( before i closed down for the year )
it was the US military ( wounder what they find intresting about a graphics site
)

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Interesting statistics, but I doubt there are 1200 'terrorists' looking at your website each week. Perhaps all the stuff out of that general area of the world is routed thru the Emirates. or perhaps there are some real estate companies that operate out of there in high numbers.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Perhaps they thought you sold "bomb" plans instead of "home" plans. Are the words similar in arabic?

sorry, jk.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Thats just wrong Party.

Nygdan,
I didnt not mean all 1200 Arabic hits were terrorists I worded it wrong sorry. I am wondering if a few may be and why None of the bought plans.

Rktspc,
I use earthlink. Do they block Arabic sites?

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Xayden-

Can you U2U me or post on here your website? I'm new on here and I don't think I have enough credits to u2u just yet, but of course I can receive them.

I'm interested in looking at home plans as I intend on having one built in the not-too-distant future. Thanks!

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
What on earth would terrorists want with million dollar home plans?? You have a disclaimer saying that you're not worried about terrorists, so why the thread? Don't you think your paranoia levels are a little too far up in the red zone?

It would be really disappointing if this thread turned out to be a promotion for your website.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   

It would be really disappointing if this thread turned out to be a promotion for your website.

I sure wouldn't be disappointed. I just want the darn web address for it!

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
If it was a pomotion dont you think i would post the addy?

No i was simply curious. Thats all.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Fair enough.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I think you should change the tittle man, only because it seems like your stereotyping arabs even though u explained you didnt

new topics

top topics

join