It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live: National Cannabis Policy Summit in Washington, DC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Sure the muller report is exciting but the world goes on.

It's time that we stop making laws that govern how we treat our own bodies.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Legalise it. Cultivation, possession, trade, production. It's been banned world-wide only due to US policy which the UN and thereafter the rest of the world decided to copy. For no good reason. A harmless plant. Unlike papaver somniferum or the coca plant.

Oh, and no taxation. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

they found a way to tax it, or regulate it.

no way the US government would simply say, "its medical have at it, grow it in your backyard if you want" .

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

they found a way to tax it, or regulate it.

no way the US government would simply say, "its medical have at it, grow it in your backyard if you want" .

Yeah...no they're not going to do that. Certainly didn't happen that way up here.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

it needs to be legal EVERYWHERE so the disgusting bastards that come to the handful of legal states and # on sidewalks and litter everywhere can be more evenly dispersed.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I've been (not) waiting on legalization for over 30 years now.
Cannabis is so important and intricate to human existence. It is our divine right to use this wonderful plant in every way.
Alcohol is poison that kills your braincells and makes you "stupid" - Totally legal and promoted everywhere.

Cannabis scares the NWO, but like a lot of things today, people are waking up and self exiting

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Yes.
Let's address the people who have had their lives, rights and employment options ruined through these insane laws while we are at it.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

it needs to be legal EVERYWHERE so the disgusting bastards that come to the handful of legal states and # on sidewalks and litter everywhere can be more evenly dispersed.

I commiserate with your findings, but I don’t believe this dietary incontinence to be a product
of typical use. Certainly there are those who consistently, whilst enhanced, can find no higher purpose than to smash as much food as possible between their lips and loose an occasional ambulatory sausage if only to facilitate ritual humptime, but this is not every user’s goal I can assure you! I have listened to the testimonies. I understand that these wanton eaters do exist, and have concluded that the problem is much deeper than the mere addition of terpenes to their diet. In short, when high, they simply become more of what they
are. This explains, in essence, why so many persons cannot stand to get ‘high’.

The same thing happens to a person when handed a cellphone device, one small difference being that there is never generated any self-awareness of the horrible change in behavior. The street suddenly becomes a personal playground. Traffic laws and courtesy become optional. On board apps direct awareness to users of police cruisers like sensors detect klingons, and the game becomes real, especially when stepping in some of it, or being nudged to your death into a tree, by a rolling cage piloted by some monstrous and slobbering
now-shifting-in-reverse covetous materialistic self crazed ape whose vision is fixated on the status device on his, or her, lap, and who exists to convince the sphere, and self, that he, or she, has ‘made it’, thus becoming the last thing you will ever see.

Not a lot one can do except to delineate sacred personal boundaries, and stick with them as a rule, especially when partaking. Therein, one might be encouraged to reflect that the substance which you discover, and cherish...it is not for everyone...or that life may become quite solitary after all.

# 1036
edit on 19-4-2019 by TheWhiteKnight because: “Can you help us?” Georger asked her. “Can you sort of use your influence to eliminate the bad news?” “Oh, I don’t think so,” said the Princess, horrified at the suggestion.

edit on 19-4-2019 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

I feel like that was the intended outcome.

Oversaturate and create a problem caused by cannabis.

Not only a localized problem, but a source for stealing money from people in surrounding states and filling prisons in a for profit justice system.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The gov doesn't need it's greedy meathooks in everything.

No tax, no "sin" tax

Legalize it, remove criminal records from it.

That's the least they can do after the damage they have caused with weed laws.

GD tomato/pepper/status now.

It's a weed ffs.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
Sure the muller report is exciting but the world goes on.

It's time that we stop making laws that govern how we treat our own bodies.

I totally agree. I want them to fully legalize walk in euthanasia clinics. Available to everyone at a low price. I'm not joking, BTW. I do agree with you that people should have the ultimate say in what happens to their own body. Even if they are deemed to be mentally ill. It still does not change the basic fact that no one else is really entitled to make those decisions for them.
edit on 19-4-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Mod Note:

Please keep this in mind while replying to this thread. Thanks.

i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances, legal or otherwise: discussing personal use or personal experiences as the result of such substances is not allowed in any form.

Do not reply to this post.

new topics

top topics

join