It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fleeing a S#hole Country Doesn't Qualify as Asylum

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 12:24 AM
link   
At least in my book.

You have to be legitimately oppressed to claim asylum, like you're going to be killed because of your political beliefs or religion.

If you just don't like your country because it's a dangerous s#hole, that sucks and all but...

...that's not what asylum is about. You need to stay in your own country and work to make it a better place.

This whole thing is a f# sham.

/rant

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Even the term 'asylum seeker' is an offensive misnomer!

Let's relabel them the Citizenship Challenged, the Voting-Capable

God forbid we call it what it is though: an invasion.

edit on 19-4-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Yes, they must seek asylum from their countries, and run to the most racist and bigoted country in the world! Since you know, "America was never great"!

Im going to go do some logical backflips now, and hopefully I land on the right conclusion.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I thought they were "family units" now.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
At least in my book.

You have to be legitimately oppressed to claim asylum, like you're going to be killed because of your political beliefs or religion.

If you just don't like your country because it's a dangerous s#hole, that sucks and all but...

...that's not what asylum is about. You need to stay in your own country and work to make it a better place.

/rant

If you were mostly fine or getting by in peace and another country comes and causes you impossible to survive misery, you should be entitled for payback from that country.

That compensation may include asylum if your current country (in which you had a life before, which now it's impossible to continue at all) is so messed up that it turned into a stay and die or leave and may have a chance to survive another day, and may give your kids a chance to grow up

If you want to talk about stuff like this, you should look into what happened that made the country hell and how it was before 'the thing' happened

Just being fair to anyone involved is the best way to deal with the situation, don't you think?

edit on 19-4-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Malisa

So you're saying payback is a bitch for the CIA turning Latin America into a clusterf#?

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 02:07 AM
link   

So you're saying payback is a bitch for the CIA turning Latin America into a clusterf#?

From what I've seen, that's what they are looking for

They were told by their parents that their country used to be a lot better, they all have heard the stories about how they had a nice simple life back then, then the CIA/US came. Now they have misery and death all over the place, no money no jobs and they know who created this current misery. They were told to come take back that good life, whatever it means for them

What i mean is, they want a better life, they were told they had it and lost it because of what the CIA/US did back when they were not even born, they also were told to go take it back. So of course they do

I don't think the root of the issue can be made more clear

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Malisa

At least in my book.

/rant

If you were mostly fine or getting by in peace and another country comes and causes you impossible to survive misery, you should be entitled for payback from that country.

That compensation may include asylum if your current country (in which you had a life before, which now it's impossible to continue at all) is so messed up that it turned into a stay and die or leave and may have a chance to survive another day, and may give your kids a chance to grow up

If you want to talk about stuff like this, you should look into what happened that made the country hell and how it was before 'the thing' happened

Just being fair to anyone involved is the best way to deal with the situation, don't you think?

There are no asylum laws in the US
There was one , but it wasnt a law . It was called the wet foot/dry foot policy for Cubans fleeing Castro's regime . Obama done away with that one
You request asylum in the US . There are no set prerequisites and it is granted or denied on a case by case
We are not Europe under the UN controlled EU

And I believe you should wake from your Anti-US induced dream stupor and learn history

edit on 4/19/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Malisa

At least in my book.

/rant

There are no asylum laws in the US
There was one , but it wasnt a law . It was called the wet foot/dry foot policy for Cubans fleeing Castro's regime . Obama done away with that one
You request asylum in the US . There are no set prerequisites and it is granted or denied on a case by case
We are not Europe under the UN controlled EU

And I believe you should wake from your Anti-US induced dream stupor and learn history

I never said there was a law

All i said that's how it should be, saying things like 'well it isn't our problem now so we're just going to go ahead and run away from what we caused" is not a solution to anything, or is it?

I thought we were not in junior high anymore lol, but maybe some politicians never got out of that mindset

This is ridiculous. It seems you lack knowledge about the big picture. And I don't think you understand well what i mean, your comment regarding "Anti-US induced dream stupor" is so sad that it makes you look like a brain washed person

You are the one who should learn history, but learn it from a book written by a person from a country other than 'America'

Maybe you need to get a more universal education, you're clearly lacking if all you think is you must always be on the right side of history. Heads up! You are not since a very long time. History, the real one, has proved it with facts, not blind patriotism

And don't come telling me about how much experience you have, you can have more experience than anyone in the world about how your house is kept but you will still fail at going into other people's houses and clean up for them and figure out why they like things different than you like on your own home. And guess what, most of the world is built with houses where you have no idea how things work, you are just one of the many

This is the main issue with how America works, you can't just figure out that you are just one single country, nothing you think applies to you applies to the rest of the world, stop thinking so simple and stop thinking you are the center of the world

I am not in any Anti-US dumb thing, i am speaking from my own experience living through Latin America, i know by personal experience how most people think of the US, you are just parroting the same lines every single person repeats when they are afraid of accepting or considering the truth

You could not stop yourself from accusing me of being Anti-US because i pointed a fact about how people in Honduras and other countries think about the US, that speaks more about you than me

But whatever Sr, You are just one in a million going in the same direction as soon as they read something unpatriotic, and it's a shame to be honest.

I have a great idea, let us censor away the fact that the US caused the current Honduran crisis by meddling in the country in 2009

Would be best to hide that fact away, then we don't have to deal with the issue, right? We can all live happy ever after! And to hell with that s*it hole, who cares anyways, i don't know them personally so away you all go

Since i am an unpatriotic, anti-US person, can you help me figure it out?

What would be best for me, to become a patriotic person?

a. I see what we did and look away and pretend it did not happen

b. I see what we did and accept the fact it happened and attempt to change things so it never happens away, because it's the right thing to do maybe

c. I do nothing at all, i don't care..
+ Lupe clean the kitchen, wash the dishes and bring me a beer
- Yes patron, rapidito le llevo su beer senior

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 03:33 AM
link   

So 2 wrongs make a right...

KTHXBAI! Next!

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Immigration and asylum are two different things , people emigrate from wealthy countries looking for a better life too.
You can't stop the movement of people only control it.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   

much like impersonating federal officers
intimidating people with force
detaining people does not make you law enforcement or a patriot.

it makes you an asshole

at least in my book

so what is your point?

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Yeah, being a total failure at life doesn't qualify as an emergency in my book. Go fix your messed up countries. Grow a sack. Then use it. For the purpose sacks were designed for. Kicking butts and taking names...

...and then giving those names to other people who's butts you kick.

edit on 4/19/2019 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
Kicking ass and taking names...

see what i am saying

its tough guys like this that are going to head on down to the border and save the day.

bad things are going to happen

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: 3n19m470
Kicking ass and taking names...

see what i am saying

its tough guys like this that are going to head on down to the border and save the day.

bad things are going to happen

Glad you agree 👍 Thats right these so called tough guys need to head on down to the border and save the day... by walking across the border, and going back to their own nation of origin and start taking names. (do i even really need to Say the "kicking butts part"? It should be pretty obvious by now what I believe in and what I'm all about, right?)

Bad things will happen and Should happen.

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

good
head on down

i hope you get arrested

keep me posted

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

much like impersonating federal officers
intimidating people with force
detaining people does not make you law enforcement or a patriot.

it makes you an asshole

at least in my book

so what is your point?

Whos doing that? Who is impersonating officers? No, I want the actual officers to be given permission to do their damn jobs.

Where in the OP, or anywhere else, are you seeing a auggestion for Americans to head to the border to cause problems?

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   
It's time to close our broders.
We are constantly compared to the rest of the world on pretty much every topic and are told that we need to change.
Free healthcare anyone?
Green energy?

But for some reason our let in everyone policy must stay even though the rest of the world doesnt do that.
Why do I need a passport to head to canada for some fries and gravy and then return?
Mexicans dont need one to enter my country..

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

There is a thread in it

Burns started it

In the article it says it

Maybe you should read it

Different thread same issue

posted on Apr, 19 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   

So you do know the answer even before asking the question. hmmmmm