It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dutch metal bands similar to Rammstein

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
So I am looking for bands similar to Rammstein but Dutch.

I am learning Dutch and it is not easy but I'm slowly getting the basics. I never thought I would be learning a new language at 40 let alone Dutch! I am a huge fan of Rammstein but that isn't helping my Dutch so a similar band that sings in Dutch would be great! I like hearing the sounds and pronunciations and I listen to music ALL day at work so this would be great. I don't find too many shows to watch in Dutch so I am going with music.

Thanks and please keep in mind I want metal bands like Rammstein.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

I googled it a bit but found nothing. Rammstein are unique.

en.wikipedia.org...

That's all I got, but there is no Rammstein-like band and many Dutch artists sing in English.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

en.wikipedia.org...

That's all I got, but there is no Rammstein-like band and many Dutch artists sing in English.

So no metal bands in Holland huh? My bf is Dutch and he didn't know any either and he's a Rammstein fan as well. He usually sends me tons of bands but this is the first time he said he didn't know a similar band. LOL So maybe there is no metal in Dutch?

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Thanks for the link! It will give me something to start from.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Ha I just noticed you are IN The Netherlands

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   
There are a ton of metal bands from Netherlands - just, as said, most sing in English.

Here's another link for you:

Metal Archives - Netherlands

And a vid (not Rammstein but, clean dutch vocals and metal):

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Admitted
There are a ton of metal bands from Netherlands - just, as said, most sing in English.

Here's another link for you:

Metal Archives - Netherlands

And a vid (not Rammstein but, clean dutch vocals and metal):

Thanks for that,it is solid!

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Well, there is nothing mainstream anyway.. Rammstein is unique and the Dutch love to sing in English.
There is the band Kutschurft. I will not translate this band’s name or the lyrics, cuz I’m pretty shure it will violate the rules on this forum.

youtu.be...

They have more songs on youtube, but I’m not shure this will help you speak better Dutch.
Good luck with our language!

edit on 17-4-2019 by Goedhardt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Admitted

Sweet! Thank you! I will check them out!

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Goedhardt
Well, there is nothing mainstream anyway.. Rammstein is unique and the Dutch love to sing in English.
There is the band Kutschurft. I will not translate this band’s name or the lyrics, cuz I’m pretty shure it will violate the rules on this forum.

youtu.be...

They have more songs on youtube, but I’m not shure this will help you speak better Dutch.
Good luck with our language!

Yes Rammstein IS unique. I love them. I don't know what they are saying lol but I do bring up the lyrics in German and English next to each other so I have an idea of what they are saying.

As for Dutch. My bf is Dutch, sweetest man I've ever known, nothing like American men that's for sure! I'm learning for him and so is my son. We plan on moving there some day, long process! I like listening to music most and in another language helps. I can sing along to Rammstein so I thought if I can find nice metal Dutch band I could do the same.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I should have shared this Heidevolk song first off, lol, it's an actual sing-along and shows the Dutch lyrics over top of the English. Hope you like it:

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 06:16 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

en.wikipedia.org...

Rammstein are Neue Deutsche Härte, which, as the name suggests is German. I think Deadcell are Dutch, they're pretty decent and have been compared to Rammsein (I'd say more early Ministry) but, like LightSpeedDriver suggests, they sing in English...

edit on 25/4/19 by djz3ro because: I had to use LightSpeedDriver's full name, his acronym is verboten...

top topics

join