It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chelsea Handler Blames ‘White Privilege’ for Her Behavior Towards Trump

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Is this woman completely brain dead? Did she fall on her head at some point during her hollyweird career?

This is not the World I want to live in anymore, is this the future? Seriously? Is this what we have to look forward to? Somewhere along the way things took a unforgivable dive off a high cliff. What about balance and all that?

Ever since President Donald Trump took office, Chelsea Handler has become known as one of the whiniest liberal elitists in Hollywood (and that’s saying a lot, because there are quite a few of them). Now, Handler is speaking out once again to blame “white privilege” for her acting like a “spoiled brat” in the aftermath of the 2016 presidential election.

I think we all know what to expect from people like this, but upon closer eye, you can see these .. people for lack of a better more accurate term, are refusing to think for themselves in a rational manner.

Take Rush Limbaugh from a writ he did in 2014, which I personally enjoyed, a semi indepth explanation as to why liberalism has morphed into what it is, and when the big implosion could hit.

It's so easy being a lib

[snippet]

The thing about liberalism I’ve always said is it’s the most easiest, it’s the most gutless thing you can do. It’s so easy. You don’t ever really have to do anything. You just have to act a certain way and say the right things and after that you can live any way you want.

You can be rich. You can mistreat people. You can fire your employees. You can deny them health care, but if you say the proper liberal things, you are inoculated. It’s so easy.

I just want to share with you the way Victor Davis Hanson says it. He’s written about this before. He chronicles what he considers to be the eventual collapse of the left.

That rank-and-file liberals follow con men and women like Al Gore, Elizabeth Warren and Paul Krugman, turning a blind eye to their own extravagant, wasteful, high carbon living standards, while criticizing conservatives who live much more frugally has turned them from useful idiots to just plain idiots.

edit on 16-4-2019 by Artemis12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 12:17 AM
link   
White privilege. The biggest scapegoat in modern times and the easiest device employed to avoid self responsibility and emotional maturity to boot!

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Artemis12

Liberalism is dead. The left we see today are not liberals. They don't stand for classic liberalism.

Here's a couple classic liberalism quotes:

"The struggle for freedom is ultimately not resistance to autocrats or oligarchs but resistance to the despotism of public opinion."

"A free society cherishes nonconformity. It knows that from the non-conformist, from the eccentric, have come many of the great ideas of freedom. A free society fertilizes the soil in which non-conformity and dissent and individualism can grow."

Doesn't sound like the left today. Pretty much the exact opposite.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Liberalism is dead. The left we see today are not liberals. They don't stand for classic liberalism.

I know that and you know that, now someone needs to tell them that. But that goes only for the shell not the meat. What I mean by that is that there is a long history behind the Liberal party, and it's not nice.
edit on 16-4-2019 by Artemis12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I'm white, I do not use white privilege as an excuse. I have done some dumb stuff when I was younger, but learned from my mistakes, unlike some people who keep on reinforcing beliefs in things that are not real.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

I don't really so how it is a escape goat as it is misunderstood and misused. White privilege started out as the notion that black folks have been at a disadvantage through years of oppression in terms of wealth and opportunities.

It feels like it's being misused as a justification to blame white people for everything and scapegoat other issues. Therefore, I do agree in some aspects.

However, simply kicking it aside as if black folk haven't had any issues in economic development by governmental influence of lack of governmental oversight is just ignoring racial issues.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 01:45 AM
link   

I would agree. From the 60's and beyond the essence of liberalism made great strides in civil liberties. Now, they are trying to push it forward without a real philosophical objective. Which, in return, just pushes relentless pseudo-liberal goals of pushing up minorities through any means. Even if it defies their own concepts of ethics or morality.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 02:39 AM
link   
TDS is a thing and people will not acknowledge it until way after he's done in the white house. I read about this story a few days ago and couldn't even believe it.
I stand by the comment i made in that article, "not white privilege, just you being and entitled liberal crybaby. Own your stupidity"

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I'm white but that shiete doesn't work in Japan.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Ok lets throw our some more Cliché ... Toxic femininity.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Isn’t this the woman who was swimming next to a boat and laughed when a guy on the boat peed on her?

That guy on the boat had good instincts...

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Artemis12
Is this woman completely brain dead? Did she fall on her head at some point during her hollyweird career?

This is not the World I want to live in anymore, is this the future? Seriously? Is this what we have to look forward to? Somewhere along the way things took a unforgivable dive off a high cliff. What about balance and all that?

Ever since President Donald Trump took office, Chelsea Handler has become known as one of the whiniest liberal elitists in Hollywood (and that’s saying a lot, because there are quite a few of them). Now, Handler is speaking out once again to blame “white privilege” for her acting like a “spoiled brat” in the aftermath of the 2016 presidential election.

I think we all know what to expect from people like this, but upon closer eye, you can see these .. people for lack of a better more accurate term, are refusing to think for themselves in a rational manner.

Take Rush Limbaugh from a writ he did in 2014, which I personally enjoyed, a semi indepth explanation as to why liberalism has morphed into what it is, and when the big implosion could hit.

It's so easy being a lib

[snippet]

The thing about liberalism I’ve always said is it’s the most easiest, it’s the most gutless thing you can do. It’s so easy. You don’t ever really have to do anything. You just have to act a certain way and say the right things and after that you can live any way you want.

You can be rich. You can mistreat people. You can fire your employees. You can deny them health care, but if you say the proper liberal things, you are inoculated. It’s so easy.

I just want to share with you the way Victor Davis Hanson says it. He’s written about this before. He chronicles what he considers to be the eventual collapse of the left.

That rank-and-file liberals follow con men and women like Al Gore, Elizabeth Warren and Paul Krugman, turning a blind eye to their own extravagant, wasteful, high carbon living standards, while criticizing conservatives who live much more frugally has turned them from useful idiots to just plain idiots.

"Can I have a little bit of white privilege please sir/marm. Just a little bit huh!" "WHACK" Sorry I'll go back to the endless line.

Bally

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I'm sure the whole of asia are shaking their heads over this stuff.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Artemis12

White privilege is a joke. I've lived in north America and overseas, there is no white privilidge. People are rich and people are poor in every country. What I have seen and even experienced first hand is a disproportionate sense of immigrant privilidge. Immigrants ARE treated better than citizens. You see this in the corporate world as well, enticing people to change services with perks but doing nothing for their long term customers.

With corporations, they already have your money, so they tend to be be chintzy with perks for existing customers. It's different for governments however as they have already borrowed money in your name against your birth certificate. Every new immigrant means the government can borrow between 1 and 5 million dollars per warm body, so, there is an agenda :-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

While I stand with classical liberals on the values of individual freedoms, I wonder if the Democrats have actually ever been truly liberal in this fashion. They appear to be liberal when it suits them, when they are the opposition party. But quite often they enact policy and legislation that reduce personal freedoms and increase the authoritarian powers of the government.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
It's obvious this person has emotional problems
...aside from being an attention whore...

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
It is a scientific fact that Chelsea Handler is a dolt.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I don't know, man. I think you're reading it wrong. She's a "comedian," and she's being self-deprecating. Sounds to me like she's accepting the idea that she might be coming from a perspective of white privilege, and is acknowledging that it's a fault.

I don't know what she's going to do about it, if anything, but it seems to show some level of awareness on her part.

Anyway, I know it's stupid to even bother responding to a fourth-hand description from some anonymous source. Does anybody know what she actually said and in what context?

Or are we just going off, like usual? Like we were on The View, or something.
edit on 16-4-2019 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift
See this post for the back story: www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join