It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Notre Dame on fire in Paris

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   
After watching the news this morning and hearing them say there is no sign of arson, I went online to see pictures. In an article I found a quote from NBC.

from NBC News:

“The entire roof is fully destroyed,” Picaud said. “The fire started up near the roof top while another fire started in the north bell tower.”

Doesn't that make it more likely it was arson? Or, is it common for a fire to spontaneously start in two locations at the same time? Honest question, as this is not an area I am knowledgeable in. How are the able to definitively rule out arson and terrorism when three hours ago they said it was still unstable and forensic police haven't been able to go into the church yet?
www.msn.com...

edit on KAmerica/Chicago4300000002019-04-16T08:10:40-05:00k19Apram by Kentuckymama because: Add a comment

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Kentuckymama

Could be some kind of electrical fault i suppose.

Probably linked to the renovations.
edit on 16-4-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Kentuckymama

A fire can spread and heat rises, the bottom of a bell tower usually has a lot of flammable bird and bat poo on the floor, enough heat could ignite that, it wouldn't be the original fire spreading, it would be a secondary fire.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Wow! That is interesting!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnb
They have already raised over 300M Euro to rebuid it.

Shame the rich donors aren't so keen to help their fellow humans - that would give clean water or mosquito nets to 100,000's.

Maybe the corrupt governments of those countries could help those people with those things themselves. Its their problem.

French billionaires ponying up the money for the restoration of a symbol of their own culture is noble in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I am confused because this morning or late last night I heard that the rose windows had survived but then a photo of the exterior sure looked like an empty frame.
Now you say they report they did not?
I guess it will be a bit before we know everything.
The towers stand but the stone may have been weakened by the heat.

Did you see the photo of the interior with twelve inch tall candles that did not melt?
Its as random as a tornado.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
It's intact!

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: RMFX1

Catholic church , then the vatican should pay for it , with their incredible wealth!

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   

(post by Mover3 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

It has already been ruled an accident.
At lease that one less worry.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: RMFX1

Catholic church , then the vatican should pay for it , with their incredible wealth!

That's a very good point actually. The Catholic Church have more than enough wealth to take care of this

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

It has already been ruled an accident.
At lease that one less worry.

Cant imagine how did they do that in less than 24 hours.

They are assuming it was an accident and going on that line for now. They are questioning the 15 workers that was working at the roof area yesterday (where the fire started allegedly)

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Stay on topic!

This is an important topic, and bickering has no place.
You are responsible for your posts.

Please do NOT REPLY to this and take the thread further off topic.

Thanks.

(post by Mover3 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Vatican offers expertise Also on Tuesday, Cardinal Gianfranco Ravasi offered the Vatican’s technical know-how to help rebuild Notre Dame.

No money though...

www.vaticannews.va... pe-francis-message-notre-dame-cathedral.html

edit on 16-4-2019 by szino9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Discussing how events like this can be used by governments to cow the people is surely of relevance to this place. For me what is happening here is the media are telling the people to forget their struggle and unite in the grief of a burnt building. I'm not saying it was done intentionally because I'm sure with what's been happening in France recently something like this was bound to happen sooner or later, in fact, only a couple of weeks ago a bank was set alight with people in residence above... it's a miracle nobody was killed then because that would have been a real tragedy and loss. The government only has to wait for something to happen then control the narrative, they do this in cooperation with the media. Unless we still believe the media is free and independent, surely not?

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Guess he doesn't get as much executive time as others.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join