It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Notre Dame on fire in Paris

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Authorities in Paris are calling the fire an accident.
No arson.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   
No sign Notre Dame fire was intentional – Paris prosecutor...
If it is so, there should be a wave of resignations...starting with the major of Paris and why not with the president himself (who failed to put off other fires for months).

Let assume that is the true version (and I am not convinced at all). 800 years the beautiful cathedral stands without a major fire, in primitive safety conditions compared to today's measures, firefighting machines and chemicals.

And now they are telling us, there was no intent, it just happened, and they couldn't stop it with all sophisticated technology they have today that was not available back then in the dark ages? Do they think we are idiots or what?

So the clown will just rebuild it with worldwide efforts? What if tomorrow another cathedral burns, again without intent?

It is a major blow for the Christianity and for the Culture of the West! Even if you are not Catholic or Christian, the blow is equal. I feel deep sorrow for what is happening to our culture and civilization...
edit on 16-4-2019 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Mover3

Bollocks. There have been greater "tragedies" for the antiquities of history in the last decade yet the world barely batted an eye-lid. # Notre Dame, it's a piece of concrete... there are people barely living in France and this piece of # is put across the front pages? 22 weeks of protests and barely any coverage.

"Places like Notre Dame are priceless irreplaceable treasures of our past", not my past... in fact the majority of people wouldn't know what/where this place was if it wasn't for Disney.

What does any of that have to do with Notre Dame?

Macron has been in power for how long? The EU has been in existence for how long? The present protests have been going on for how long?

Notre Dame de Paris was first completed in the 13th Century! It took over 100 years to construct, beginning in the 12th Century. Notre Dame stands as a monument to not only Paris as a city, but also France itself.

If anything, I would think Notre Dame would be the centerpiece of the current struggle. After all, isn't the current struggle (and protests) a push to return France to 'the way it used to be' (in the past)? The EU and Macron have been around for what, maybe 30 years? Notre Dame de Paris has been around for more than 7 CENTURIES (700+ Years)!!

But you just see it as a "piece of concrete" brought to the World's attention by "Disney"?????

Wow!

edit on 4/16/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   
So nice of the Pope to finally put a tweet out expressing sorrow over the burning of the Cathedral. A day later.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: szino9

originally posted by: RMFX1

originally posted by: mike dangerously
Whatta bit of good luck for Macron.The Yellowjacket protests were eating at his popularity and this happens.

I cant see how this is good for him at all. His first reaction was about setting up international fundraisers to repair the cathedral.

What the F? They can't afford it themselves?

Not just that it won't be good for Macron, this might be the last drop for him. In 2018 CBS had a report on how bad shape the cathedral is in. The renovation cost was about 185 million euros. The Macron gov was giving only 50 million and asked the US right then to help them with the rest of the 135 million.

To add insult to injury, later on, the Macron gov withdraw 2.5 million from the 50 million.

Now this is far more suspicious and discussion worthy than smiling dark skinned people.

It would take a helluva set of balls to undertake a secret plan to burn up a national monument to refinance its repairs. The first thing you'd have to take into consideration is what if it went too far and destroyed the building beyond repair?

I dont think this was for financial gain. In my opinion, this was Macrons attempt to bring France and the french people together. If somehow i am right, this will backfire gloriously...

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   
They have already raised over 300M Euro to rebuid it.

Shame the rich donors aren't so keen to help their fellow humans - that would give clean water or mosquito nets to 100,000's.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   
DblPost
edit on 16-4-2019 by DoubleDNH because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   

link   
triple post
edit on 16-4-2019 by Mover3 because: (no reason given)

link   
triple post

link   
triple post

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: szino9

If there's any hope the people of France will ignore this and press on with their desire for change.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Mover3

Indeed, there have been many relics of history destroyed in the past two decades. Sadly, many of these were at the hands of radicalized extremists in the Middle East. These events are equally as tragic (if these are what you are referring to). Notre Dame is just another loss.

The media isn't telling me a damn thing, hoss.

Now go out and get your protest on! Do you even know what you personally are fighting for?? Probably not.

ETA - No, I am not French. I am American, but please do continue on with your venom. You have put an interesting perspective on the plight of the French people, and not a good one. Let's just hope your views do not represent the majority!

edit on 4/16/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mover3

If there's any hope the people of France will ignore this and press on with their desire for change.

Hopefully the french people will not ignore this, and they might have a chance for change...

(post by Mover3 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Personally I believe there's greater chance for change if not too much attention is given to it. Macron et al. want us to forget about everything and unite in grief of a burnt building. If anything is given attention it should be the fact that Macron didn't even give half of that needed to renovate adequately. Unite them in grief then give them the truth, maybe it will backfire spectacularly.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: zazzafrazz

They say the stained glass is gone. Hope not.

Just reviewed the pics of me and my daughter there in 2014.
It's intact!

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join