It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanic Bible - Is it real?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I just saw Exorcist: The Beginning last night and now im interested in researching Satanic books and whatnot. I've heard about the Satanic Bible. Who was it written by and what does it contain? Does anyone actually conform to its writtings?

[edit on 2-3-2005 by _Anubis_]

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
It's real.....and I do believe that Satanist follow it. From what I understand, Satanism as a religion, is misunderstood. They see nothing wrong in taking what they want..."the strong survive" type of attitude. They will ask you to move politely once, if you don't they see it as their right to move you...that sort of thing, but I could be wrong. Personally I think anyone has to be nuts to follow anything negative....but that's just me and my opinion, to each their own. The satanic bible was written by man named Anton LaVey....

Side Note: Please do not confuse Witchcraft. Wicca, with Satanism as so many do......one has nothing what so ever to do with the other, though there are Satanist that will say they Wiccans for their own little personal agendas..

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Well, the Satanic Bible was written by Anton LaVey, and it doesn't really contain anything normally attributed to santanism or satan worshipers, in my opinion.
It's really just writings in support of self-indulgence and the like, nothing 'evil.'
It uses imagery, names, etc., which are deemed evil or bad by the Christian church to make it's point of self-indulgence, do unto others as they do unto you, etc.

It's worth reading

[edit on 2-3-2005 by parrhesia]

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Anton LeVey's Satanic Church and his Satanic Bible have one goal as stated
in the preface, " To be diametrically opposed to Roman Christianity." there
are others but that is the one that stuck in my memory.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Unless the author of this thread is reffering to The Al Jilwah and The Qu'ret Al-Yezid which are meant to be written by Lucifer. You can download them as text files from the internet.

Yezidis are a Kurdish sect, is believed by some to be named after their supposed founder Yezid, the Umayyad Caliph (more probable is that Yezidi is related to the Sumerian, Ezidi, 'shining path,' or from the Pahlavi word Yazd, 'angel.'). The Yezidi revere the Prophet Mohammed and the Sufi mystic Adi Musafir, a descendent of the Umayyad Caliphs (Kalifs)

altreligion.about.com...

Traditional Satanists, who worship Satan as a God, follow the two Yezidism text aswell.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I guess its all in how you define real if your refering to anton laveys I would say its not real as he was just makeing a buck off a fad, compare his enochian keys to the originals you will see what I mean plus the man really didnt do anything spectacular besides say look at me I am a satanist.
you didnt even have to be a satanist to take part in his services just have the cash and you could have a satanic wedding, rituals or whatever else lol

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Satanism is nothing more than glorified atheism. I find nothing wrong with that, but some people do. I'm not a satanist though.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by supercheetah
Satanism is nothing more than glorified atheism. I find nothing wrong with that, but some people do. I'm not a satanist though.

atheism - "a disbelief in the existence of deity"

Correct me if I'm wrong - but how can you not believe in God, yet believe in the devil?

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 03:49 AM
link   
you are right, he can't.

However I think you would find some satanists that would publically pose as an atheist as vehicle to bash their favourite adversary.

Cug

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Its_True_I_Promise

Correct me if I'm wrong - but how can you not believe in God, yet believe in the devil?

Well if your talking about Anton LaVey's and related movements.. they don't believe in the devil.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cug

Originally posted by Its_True_I_Promise

Well if your talking about Anton LaVey's and related movements.. they don't believe in the devil.

Nope, I just used the most blaintant general def. I could find, and i thought that fit very nicely...nothing fancy about it.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Satanist are humanists and use the imagery of Satan for the shock factor and to separate themselves from the status quo. Anton Szandor LaVey's writings are a good way to deprogram from the christian conditioning, however.. Be warned there is also some pitfalls in there.

IMO I find that they are a deliberate inversion of christianity, or a reaction to. Therefore, still constrained by the dogma.

If you are interested in something other that is also efficient at breaking the chains of conditioning , read Prometheus Rising

Quantum Psychology: How Brain Software Programs You and Your World

and for craps and giggles

The Illuminatus Trilogy: The Eye in the Pyramid, The Golden Apple, and Leviathan

[edit on 11/1/2008 by eye open doors]

new topics

top topics

join