It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp are down... again.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: SerenTheUniverse

Broh it's okay if you wanna use FB with the rest of the herd, just don't try and tell me it's not a giant pos.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

originally posted by: SerenTheUniverse
a reply to: eXia7

So how does any of that make Facebook crap then?
Do as I do, don't add people who aren't friends, or if you add acquaintances just lock their security down and set it so you don't see what they post as well, it ain't rocket science.

FB is a fantastic digital platform for my social circles to keep in touch when we are away from each other.
So, aside from you seeing whining and complaining from friends you CHOSE to add, what else do you think is crap about Facebook?

You act like I don't have a phone.

Don't be so silly, you can't shout out all your friends at once with a basic phone, you can't videochat for free, you can't send your mates videos and pictures when at work like you'd show them in the pub at the weekend or whatever, etc etc.

A close friend went missing a few years ago, and within an hour or so it was shared with thousands of people so everyone knew he actually was missing and a search party of hundreds started searching just as quickly. He was found in a place he probably never would have been found by emergency services, okay dead, but without FB the process would have taken much longer. It is a fantastic platform for people to connect.

So you got any more reasons why you think FB is crap?

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Broh it's okay if you wanna use FB with the rest of the herd, just don't try and tell me it's not a giant pos.

I am not looking for your acceptance lol, I'm asking you why you think FB is crap,and I don't see any reasons that I can't equally attribute to ATS yet either.
πŸ˜‚

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

All social media is #.

You make an apple and oranges comparison, so don't act like you proved anything.

πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ€”πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Do as I do, don't add people who aren't friends, or if you add acquaintances just lock their security down and set it so you don't see what they post as well, it ain't rocket science.

FB is a fantastic digital platform for my social circles to keep in touch when we are away from each other.
So, aside from you seeing whining and complaining from friends you CHOSE to add, what else do you think is crap about Facebook?

Don't be so silly, you can't shout out all your friends at once with a basic phone, you can't videochat for free, you can't send your mates videos and pictures when at work like you'd show them in the pub at the weekend or whatever, etc etc.

A close friend went missing a few years ago, and within an hour or so it was shared with thousands of people so everyone knew he actually was missing and a search party of hundreds started searching just as quickly. He was found in a place he probably never would have been found by emergency services, okay dead, but without FB the process would have taken much longer. It is a fantastic platform for people to connect.

Because it's fakebook. A platform for narcissists and grand standers. I'm a private person, I don't display my business all over the internet and beg for sympathy or false acceptance. I don't want fakebook up my ass everywhere I go logging all of my activities. I'm not comfortable with it.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Social media is a digital tool for for communication, as is ATS just with extra functions.
What exactly is carp about FB as a digital platform compared to ATS?
It is not apples n oranges, they are equally platforms for digital communication between people.
edit on 14-4-2019 by SerenTheUniverse because: Stupid auto correct spelling lol

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Look I already told you.

I dont gaf enough to keep going in circles about it.

It's cool youre a normie you love fb, awesome keep using it.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Stupid argument.

Don't like it, don't use it.

I use it, I keep in touch with friends and family all over the country, it's easy and fun.

I also use for my work, extra 1 to 2 grand a month from it, so there's that.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I would never have known about this had i not come to ATS to read about it i have heard about Facebook but the others must be new fads

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Because it's fakebook. A platform for narcissists and grand standers. I'm a private person, I don't display my business all over the internet and beg for sympathy or false acceptance. I don't want fakebook up my ass everywhere I go logging all of my activities. I'm not comfortable with it.
Then choose your friends more carefully if that is your experience with FB because I don't have any narcissistic friends popping up in my news feed.

So you don't like FB because of your own personal reasons? That's fine, but it doesn't make Facebook crap.
I think it is an excellent platform which assists real life communication, and no different to ATS except for the extra features.
You don't have to use your real name either privacy, meh, I use a nick name, and only friends who call me it in real life are my contacts.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Last time this happened a few weeks ago, we speculated that it was a bit too coincidental...
Whats the excuse gonna be this time?

-
Did they go down every 28- 32 minutes on the hour? I hear that during that time frame the social media sites upload and report back to BIG PAPPA .

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

It's cool youre a normie you love fb, awesome keep using it.
And then the childish label calling comes out, a normy?
Are you special and unique because you don't use a platform of communication which has fantastic features for people to connect with each other?
As another poster said, don't use it if you don't like it but don't think you are edgy or holier than though because you only post on forums like ATS...Just another platform for communication but with less features.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Yes you do have to use a real name for Fakebook , i got my account blocked a few years ago for using my nick name ! THEY WANTED TO SEE 3 FORMS OF ID WITH IT ON IT

Never been back

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Obviously if you use something that isn't a real sounding name then so be it, but some of my mates have funny ones and have had them over a decade...maybe someone flagged you up?

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

There are plenty of names just like the one i used on facebook and they seem to be getting away with it , but i did speak up about all the stuff going on in Antarctica a few years ago and how all the rich kids were going there for a holiday next day my account was blocked asking for id .

I never made a new one as i totally saw through it all and was lucky to go on there once or twice a month if that

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Wouldn't surprise me if something or someone flagged you up, every platform provider has it's own agenda, even ATS which censors a few different subjects.
I don't trust any digital communication, including voice calls, and anything that is secret is spoken face to face only.
Facebook is just another form of communication to me, but one which I only use for information I wouldn't care about being hacked or leaked to the world.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

what else do you think is crap about Facebook?

It’s social engineering that wants to know everything about you so it knows exactly how to manipulate you.

That and the ice bucket challenge!

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I'd be more concerned with the apparently dire state of your area's emergency services in that scenario tbh.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

I'd be more concerned with the apparently dire state of your area's emergency services in that scenario tbh.

That is a sidetrack argument which I shall dismiss as irrelevant to the exchange about Facebook being crap or not.
My point was rather obviously that FB facilitated a search party of hundreds with a central online point which coordinated everything.
We were searching before the cops were even interested, 24hrs or whatever their policy was for an adult, but the example clearly shows the fantastic communication tool that FB is.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   

80 % of the people i had on FB were old school friends etc , most lick the walls they are that nuts without introducing them to conspiracy . But a few are well known people i struck up a friendship with over the years so i cannot see any of them sticking me in for what they do themselves
and my local friends never have a clue what i am on about or care much so most likely a bot on the site doing some crawling

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join