It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breatharian FAQ

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 11:34 PM
link   
q: how long does it take you to die of starvation, or malnutrition?

follow up: is it painful, or do you get a dopamine hit and everything is groovy?

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Rolci

But, dude...chicken wings!

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Please do it! 😊

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 01:44 AM
link   

False Cause

You presumed that a real or perceived relationship between things means that one is the cause of the other.
Many people confuse correlation (things happening together or in sequence) for causation (that one thing actually causes the other to happen). Sometimes correlation is coincidental, or it may be attributable to a common cause.

Example: Pointing to a fancy chart, Roger shows how temperatures have been rising over the past few centuries, whilst at the same time the numbers of pirates have been decreasing; thus pirates cool the world and global warming is a hoax.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I believe the correct name for this is anorexia nervosa.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Thanks for posting and I am very interested. I do think spirituality exists but there really is no basis for prana or the body being able to live off of it in a scientific aspect. At least, the science that can be proven in a lab. For example, plants derive energy through photosynthesis, chloroplasts... Animal cells do not have those organelles.

Therefore, breath, sunlight, and water energy (as you describe) would all have to be processed at some unseen and unknown higher level that is beyond the third dimension. I don't expect an answer for that as, if breatharians is true, then the science is far beyond anything we are currently capable of detecting.

Also, It seems dangerous for one to try this. Assuming this is real, if one fails to open the doors for prana intake, they risk the dangers of malnutrition.

I'd have to disagree with notion that many vegans are doing just fine without protein or all vital nutrients.

I think this is where you logic falls a bit. If one cannot get the prana energy, then one requires food right? And if one requires food, it has been countlessly documented that they need nutrients and protein to live a healthy life. Not just to feel full. I haven't heard of one study by scientists that claimed malnutrition isn't real.

Anyway, interesting to read.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

I concur with David, you're full of it.

Just like the idiots that claim to live on sunshine.

Or maybe they learned to hack reality. Or are pulling off some massive trolling. Hmm..

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Seems incredibly dangerous even if it's possible. People can live for quite some time without food as long as they are drinking water. Assuming this is real, one might not know their health was in danger until it was too late.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

It's not.
This OP is pseudoscience.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

It's not.
This OP is pseudoscience.

It's ATS.. what's the fun in knocking down anything that's "far out" there.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Deny Ignorance is the motto.

Not embrace stupidity.

But hey try out let me know how it works out.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   
WOW!

This sounds like a story this dude I met at a tattoo parlor once tried saying.
He was claiming he doesn't eat, nor had he in months because he lives off the earth energy.

He also tried claiming he talks to the "Mermaids" of Lake Superior.
That he goes down to the shoreline every day and leaves an offering for the merpeople.

My artist and I, just looked at each other and gave an eye roll.

Not even a week later im at a Stir-fry buffet place - and whos hunched over a heaping bowl of stirfry?
Old Blake, chewing back some beef and bokchoy.

I was tempted to go say hi. Like an Ahaha! you do eat, ya liar.
But people who believe they talk to "mermaids" should be left alone to eat in peace.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 06:33 AM
link   

I want just to say that I admire your courage of going out and telling your story.
This reply is more a reply to the skeptics than you.
You touched a subject that can attract so much criticism and skepticism , even hate from people who had fortified themselves in their own cemented reality believes and only like to peek through their grated little windows of what is going on outside, and occasionally shout out corrections as if they were already outside and have experienced it all

How pathetic and ignorant can some people be, to criticize without being on that same niveau where somebody were/are.
It is just like as if you are standing outside on a warm sunny day and yell to them "Come outside and check for yourself it is warm and sunny" and they, who are in cold shadow, shout back at you "Do not be stupid, I am cold , it must be cold,scientists proved that if I am cold , it is cold, I have read it on Internet!"
It gets you even wonder "Do I have to open their eyes, do I really want to save them when they even do not want to save themselves?"

What I fear is the negative side that can come out of this - Charlatans, Misunderstanding and Fear.
Charlatans.
They will come out and preach Breatharianism for money and fame, which can follow in victims on their account, hence people could brush it off as pseudo-science.
Misunderstanding.
Like the most yoga gurus in Germany , for example, they teach yoga for great sum of money and some of them do not even want to speak about chakras,saying the energy is not big part of this practice (Yoga!). Because of their materialistic grounding believes It is merely a Krankengymnastik (physiotherapy) for them. There are also courses of one week duration, after that back to work.
Fear.
Or it could be looked as something dangerous from majority. Look what happened to the consciousness inducing substances, some party Man who mistreated Mushroom as if it is a beer jumps from building and next thing it is illegal, because of a minority of jerks who did not knew what they are getting into we all suffer (in many aspects).

I appreciate your work of trying to push our butts a little, we had ourselves too comfort in our farms,got used to be fed,looked at,sheared etc.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   

On the Breatharian lifestyle. Will you live longer than everyone else. Or what age do you expect to live to. If you expect to live past the average lifespan in your neck of the woods, how much longer and is this documented?

Curiously yours,

bally

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   

why do you " forget " to mention that angus barberi lost 125 kg body mass during his fast .

also you neglect to tell us what he actually consumed

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

On the Breatharian lifestyle. Will you live longer than everyone else. Or what age do you expect to live to.

My uneducated guess, not very old.

Hmm, prana. I bet it tastes like chicken!

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
On the level of stupidity the whole breatharian BS is on par with flatearth and young earth creationism, but there is one major difference.
People that are dumb enough to fall for flatearth or young earth don`t hurt themselfs or other with their believes. Someome that falls for breatharian insanity on the other hand has a good chance of hurting their well beeing, or even dieing.

Also people that preach that nonsense, like the OP, what is your goal with that? You know yourself that you are lying - are you just trolls or do you really want to hurt the weak minded?

Everyday more that 15.000 children die from hunger, and yet you find it funny to tell people they don`t need to eat at all. Find something else to troll about, because this is just disgusting!!

Also I can`t understand why crap like that don`t instantly go into hoax-bin. It just takes one stupid enough to try that BS because they "read it on the internet, so it must be true".

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Thanks for the tips!

I going to combine this with my colloidal silver/turmeric/baking soda/molasses diet and basically live forever.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Nonsense.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Thanks for the tips!

I going to combine this with my colloidal silver/turmeric/baking soda/molasses diet and basically live forever.

Go on, admit it, you'd miss the taste of young flesh.

edit on 14/4/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join