It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FCD's an idiot...and a poser!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Dude, right now you remind me of my 8-year-old when things start to get him down ... pretty soon everything sucks, he sucks at everything, and he's banging his head against wall ... and I'm not joking. Chill out, relax, and remember -- we're all random folks on here. Don't let them dig under your skin. Why do they matter more than the ones near you whom you know really love you?

Heck, your cows care more about as their source of food.
edit on 13-4-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

You are loved here. Never doubt it!!!

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

originally posted by: schuyler
I know about the back thing. I'm older than you. Here's a tip. If you move something heavy, that won't get you. It's the next stupid thing that will. My theory is that lifting heavy will compress the spine, but not decompress it, so for a couple of days you are especially vulnerable. So no twisting and go slowly and carefully for the next couple of days. Last time I lifted two spare tires - with wheels. Next day I twisted to sit down and BLAM! Got me. Just an idea, but it appears to work.

Heck, all I did was shovel a few rocks off to my left (I'm a righty) and a bit of sod. I walked 5 feet and felt worse every step. It was just a stupid shovel full. By the time I got back to where I wanted to put the dirt from my shovel...I was holding on to my shovel handle to even stand! Felt like a pussy.

Had to retire to the deck and the "wife unit" was not happy. Took two days to stand up straight and walk again like a "Bi-Ped" and not a Quadra-ped!

You never know when the back thing is going to happen.

I worked for years as a heavy line mechanic (because I had the attitude that if a 240 pound male could do it, I could!!! (stupid, stupid)) and starting getting just a few sciatic nerve twinges... though nothing of it.

One morning I woke up, brushed my teeth and sneezed.

That was all it took to finally collapse my L5-S1 disc.

It took them over the 48 hour time limit to get me on the table... as a result I will always have catastrophic nerve damage. Didn't help that when it collapsed it partially severed a sciatic nerve.

They told me that I was 1/16th of an inch away from having to use a catheter full-time.. ~shudder~

The guy I apprenticed under when I wanted to become a mechanic said the worst he ever hurt himself in his life was one day when he stepped off a curb without seeing it.

Collapsed his failing L4-L5 disc.

So maybe it's time to start treating what's left of your body a little better.

OH!!!

I have heard recently that they have an outpatient surgery now to replace-repair discs... they just go in and squirt in some quick-drying epoxy or something and you're good to go.

Might not hurt to at least get an MRI and see what you've got left...

And.... I'm taking to a man about having to go get a checkup.

With a DOCTOR.

~tiptoes out of the thread~

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Bottom line....

It's tough gettin' old!

It is indeed my friend. I’m about 5 ahead of you on this journey we call life. Someday I’d like to share a cop of coffee around a campfire so that we may tell a few truths and a few tall tales. Keep a weather eye out for the grim reaper, if you see him before I do, spit in his eye.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I enjoy your threads, especially the ones about your ranch and caring for the cattle. Don't stop being you.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I am 35 no health major problems to complain about. I shaved my head around New Years it's thinning in front a little. I am getting older.

My dad is 82 today I let him watch roasts of Jimmy Dean on YouTube on Xbox one. He fell asleep about six. I worried about him for 15 years, what if he doesn't come home one night ect. I don't know if he thinks of all the memories behind him. I was the only person he talked to today. He still walks and gets around. I cherish the time I spend with him.

You got plenty of people saying don't beat yourself up. More than I got. Months ago I was smoking tobacco out of notebook paper cause I was too poor for rolling papers and nearest gas station five miles. It hurt my lungs I had pain when moved or breathed three days. Could barely do anything. I didn't know if it was cancer or emphysema. Changed smoking habits and never do that again. Just in future take it easy.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   

That sucks you threw your back man. Don’t do that....
Also don’t stop posting recipes please. Like I have said in the past I have a folder for those recipes you post. So now I expect for the next few days that you have more to cook and post about those delicious makings!

Hope your back feels better FCD...Bob as I will now call you.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Getting old sux, but think of all the guys who would dig living your life just as it is. LOL I know cause I'm one of them. As I hit my mid-fifties I think crap I might not be able to live my dream get a place out in the country up in the north Georgia mountains and just breathe. Instead stuck in the revolving door of responsibilities and work. But your wide open spaces sound a bit like heaven to me.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Bottom line....

It's tough gettin' old!

Oh hell yeah! I know, I know!

Just another one here who likes and appreciates you Bob.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

It was never easy. I wish it would have been, but it wasn't.

I resigned myself to the belief, it's never easy for anyone, and there are always sacrifices (maybe more than one) involved.

There are things I wish I could "go back" and do (over), but they are not to be.

I've always said..."You can never look back."

Sometimes, that's not always the most comfortable answer.

"Positive Mental Attitude."...and you will move forward. You, and all around you.

**sigh**

edit on 4/13/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   
You are a Survivor. You are gunna be just fine. I work in a steel mill, and I messed my self up too. Both my hands are numb from rolling 7000lb spools of steel faster then I should have. 56 is a spring chicken, Im 62 though people cant tell. Still working 12 hour shifts.

You are quite a character, and I enjoy your threads immensely.
Get well. Feel better.
Phil

edit on 13-4-2019 by visitedbythem because: Add Picture

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Truthfully?

I have chronic migraines and I had surgery on my neck to open up nerve canals before I was 30. I now have a bone spur in there. I usually have some form of discomfort going on in my neck and shoulders, not counting my head, and the neck/shoulder area is also a trigger point for migraines.

Yeah, getting old sucks, but when it comes to the aches and pains of life, we all have our crosses to bear.

It's how you learn to deal with it that helps make you who you are. I do understand how it gets really depressing sometimes. I surely do.
edit on 13-4-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
You are a Survivor. You are gunna be just fine. I work in a steel mill, and I messed my self up too. Both my hands are numb from rolling 7000lb spools of steel faster then I should have. 56 is a spring chicken, Im 62 though people cant tell. Still working 12 hour shifts.

Get well. Feel better.
Phil

You're a dude?!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   

a reply to: KansasGirl

FCD's just an idiot...and a Poser.

C'mon...everyone knows this!

This is ridiculous and no one knows this.

And anyway, who else is gonna have my back in that 737 thread?

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: visitedbythem

Get well. Feel better.
Phil

Yep

A handsome one too

That's my grand daughter!
Gotcha!

edit on 13-4-2019 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Hey Bob

I don't think I've actually interacted with you much, except the time you accidently posted the pork recipe in the religion forum. Then I had a little fun at your expense.

I have read quite a few of your posts. No way that I would characterize you as a poser, or an idiot for that matter.

Pain does not put our emotions in a good place. There's this saying, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." Hogwash! Beatings leave a toll.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Weaker
But the bulk of psychological research on the topic shows that, as a rule, if you are stronger after hardship, it is probably despite, not because of the hardship. The school of hard knocks does little more than knock you down, hard. Nietzschian--and country song--wisdom notwithstanding, we are not stronger in the broken places. What doesn't kill us in fact makes us weaker.

Not that I'm calling you weak or anything, it's just you can't expect to be at your peak whilst in pain.

On back pain: I just sat with bad posture for a few hours and walked with a pronounced stoop for a week.

a reply to: Lumenari

~tiptoes out of the thread~

You do that a lot.
My ankles ache just thinking of it. JK LOL!

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I've hurt my back doing little things more often than when I was working. getting off of the bar stool at the kitchen counter screwed up my back for two days. When working hard, you watch not to hurt yourself, but when you least expect it, you twist it easily and pinch a nerve. It sucks, and you never learn either, I have hurt my back lots of times just getting out of a chair or twisting to flush the toilet or slipping on the ice and jerking the back while going to the truck..

When your guard is down things happen.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   

FCD, I think you're a gifted writer. You have a talent for prose and I wouldn't be surprised if you've authored a few publications in your time. I mean that sincerely.

If I come across abrasive, it's because it's the nature of the site itself. One has to have their BS meter calibrated and working at all times. A healthy dose of skepticism goes hand-in-hand with ATS. I've been put through the ringer myself a few times.

I'm not a mod, I'm not the troll police, I just call it like I see it sometimes. And when we post on a forum such as ATS we open ourselves up to the scrutiny of others.

Surely you can hold up against that.

No ill will, no hard feelings. I mean that, really. No free passes either though.

Keep on keepin' on, FCD

edit on 13-4-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 12:18 AM
link   
You certainly do enjoy talking about yourself a lot, don’t you?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join