It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my mom and i got in a fight

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
You are 34 years old. You are living with your mother. Leave.
Did you even read his post, or does it make you feel better about yourself to demean others?

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3
a reply to: IAMTAT

fire away

if you are a male,and especially living at home with mom you are automatically always wrong in their eyes. they never truly see you as a adult.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
a reply to: penroc3

my whole life my mom has always kind of spoken down to me or when i was very young(8-9 years old) SCREAM at me when my sister and i didnt get moving in the morning

Sounds like most Moms,

It doesn't sound like most moms at all.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Im sorry bro. I know its your mom and all, so its gotta be tough. It's too bad there isnt/wasnt a 3rd party involved. It doesn't seem like she will listen to reason, if it is coming from you. And thats gotta hurt, but its probably just because there is too much emotional involvement for her to see things clearly.

My family told me all my life that I was special, because I was smarter than most kids. An IQ confirmed, I am very close to being a literal genius. But they will rarely take my advice and will Never take anything I say seriously or entertain any ideas I have.

Its a strange phenomena, the way we treat people closest to us...

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
You are 34 years old. You are living with your mother. Leave.

Youre a retired librarian who cannot read. Leave.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Sorry, you find yourself in this place. I relate to a lot of what you have posted. You are really strong for fighting through this stuff. Do you mind if I ask if you are getting any help for the PTSD? I truly don't know how a person could get along without. I I tried for a lot of years but have just in the last couple of years received help. The tools I've learned have helped along with meds.

Gabapentin has been great for fear, anger, and rage. It's not addictive like so many of the Xanax bars and Adderall I was prescribed.

Nobody should be treating you like that and I understand the delicate situation. Do you think she is gaslighting you?

Keep pushing on bud, we can get better.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   

You need to think has old mummy got Dementia starting to show , getting the days mixed up and the anger issues coming out next it will be the paranoia to show .

Best sit her down with a nice cup of tea and have the TALK

Mum does dementia run in your side of the family , if she gets angry or is in denial about it it could be worse than we think

Tell her you talked to a internet expert

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: kinglizard

Gabapentin has been great for fear, anger, and rage. It's not addictive like so many of the Xanax bars and Adderall I was prescribed.

I took 8 600mg gabapentine tablets on Thursday for my back pain and was still climbing the walls with pain but could not stop what i was doing till late evening , years ago i was on 20-30 30mg dihydrocodine a day and still felt pain .

Yet i have watched others fall over nearly with 2-3 of either of the above meds , but as you point out they are great for fear anger ,rage i had all 3 on Thursday , my neighbours fear my angry rages

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Sorry, you have that issue with your neighbor. I'm always so embarrassed when I don't control myself.

I take 3000 mg gabapentin every day out of the 3600mg max. My psychiatrist allows me to dose it as I wish multiple times a day. I divide that number into 3 or four doses every day. Along with MMJ, I can deal.

A couple of years ago I just cold turkey stopped all the meds my doctors had been prescribing (which were numerous) to find my baseline again. That was the beginning of me getting help and into weekly therapy with a couple of months in IOP hospitalization for PTSD. Still in weekly therapy, still workin' on it.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

my whole life my mom has always kind of spoken down to me or when i was very young(8-9 years old) SCREAM at me when my sister and i didnt get moving in the morning

Sounds like most Moms,

It doesn't sound like most moms at all.

Maybe a difference in eras, in my day Moms were really home with their kids and usually had 5 plus kids in the Family. Now People have no idea babysitter yells at the kids and since Mom is hardly there she never does. i can't even picture anyones Mother simply saying "now dear stop hitting your little sister" !

I would be hard pressed to find anyone I have ever known whos Mom never yelled at them for something! Generally Dads did the actual punishments.

Well maybe if you are the Waltons!
edit on 14-4-2019 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: kinglizard

i asked a Psychiatrist a few years ago could he explain this to me if all his science is correct www.newscientist.com...
it was in a prison surgery [ long story ] and he started stuttering & fidgeting like a turrets patient mumbling that it was impossible , when i pointed out De-nial is a river in Egypt the security guards in the room nearly wet themselves ,

Ps my neighbours really do not scare me , its the other way around

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Flyingclaydisk: im sorry to hear about your mom, and ill always love my family and be there and have been there. some families ebb and flow is a bit extreme but evens out, mine included.

yuppa: yea im a male, i honestly think even if i were the president of the US she would tell me i was doing it wrong lol.

spacedoubt: during various times in my life i had the great fortune of having amazing friends around me and would spend alllot of time at their various houses. one of my buddies mom for awhile just assumed i would be there and even made a room up for me. it's hard seeing friends families operate seemingly as a cohesive unit or even the differences in how my own siblings are treated. it definitely caused some issues for my emotional health but also made me a strong person(most of the time).

3n19m470: yeah tell me about it, i wish there was a ref sometimes, that being said it never gets super nasty or physical. i tested significantly above average even more so against my peers in school but it caused isolation sometimes, sometimes being smart is a curse. i never felt unloved or not special.

kinglizard: i have a counselor that i see once a week now but in years past had pretty heavy therapy along with medications. i feel like i have come thru the other side of the really nasty effects and have learnt how to deal with stress and certain situations without pills. i still get 'white knuckle' moments but they pass.

i appreciate all the replies and all seems well on the homefront today.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join