It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Return of The King

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Just another man made agreement to power share between the Priestly class and kings who historically were war mongers and self crowned and then succeeded by hereditary line. What could possibly go wrong.

wiki

The divine right of kings, divine right, or God's mandate is a political and religious doctrine of royal and political legitimacy. It asserts that a monarch is subject to no earthly authority, deriving the right to rule directly from the will of God.

Now if Gideon ( the 1st king ) was around 1100 BC why did it take so many thousands of years between Moses and Gideon before Kingship was introduced if it such an "ideal" or god given right. Again another less than ideal "divinely inspired" system of governance.

House of Gideon Abimelech – the son of Gideon, was the first man declared a king in Israel

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask I don't know what your avatar is from, but it sure is cute.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Ligyron

You're the one being cute - but I guess you cant be bothered reading about how man was helped during the renaissance by Christian Humanism well...here ya go

wiki

Christian Humanism was a Renaissance movement that combined a revived interest in the nature of humanity with the Christian faith. It impacted art, changed the focus of religious scholarship, shaped personal spirituality, and helped encourage the Protestant Reformation.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Warning warning Will Robinson

..did Tolkien feed the trolls?

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Ligyron

Without religion, science would not exist & neither would Star Wars, The Matrix & Lord of the Rings franchises, whose stories are based off religious stories. Plato was a religious philosopher who focused on the differences between good & evil, which is the basis of religion. Religious monasteries formed the 1st universities, which evolved into today's universities. Even physicists like Stephen Hawking thought that intelligent design of the universe is a possibility.

You don't have to believe in religion but you should try to understand the importance of religious teachings. Specifically things like the 10 commandments, 7 deadly sins & the Golden Rule. Look at them as parables to teach a lesson, like the Scorpion and the Frog parable.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Sounds good - but man always fails in that the ego wants control. And you'd need a Star Trek replicator tech as well. Then you may have a true egalitarian society.

The greater age of reason in Athens was still predicated on the use of Slaves. LOL

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

With all due respect to your knowledge of the Bible you grossly oversimplify. Have you not read of the period 0-300 AD?

Surely you cannot ignore their writings and polemic and differing views. Especially into such a concept important concept like the Trinity.

en.wikipedia.org...

A variety of Christianities developed throughout the 2nd and 3rd century, alongside a developing proto-orthodoxy, which eventually defined orthodoxy and heresy. Proto-orthodoxy developed in tandem with the growing number of Christians, which necessitated the devlopment of eccelsiastical structure

Again the "core tenets" even the Apostolic Creed only came about after hundreds of years of bitter infighting, hereses, and battles as to such simple things as to what they wore or what place women had in the hierarchy.

Many lives were slaughtered in the name of arriving at your "core tenet" simplification

It took the Roman Emperor Constantine after a "miraculous" vision to spank them into order. He saw it as his glorious battle cry to consolidate power.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Yes we know all that and yet the Romans who were meticulous historians never spoke of Jesus, why is that?

Only 1 historian mentions him, even though his writing may have been tampered with.

wiki

Josephus' Antiquities of the Jews, written around 93–94 AD, includes two references to the biblical Jesus Christ in Books 18 and 20 and a reference to John the Baptist in Book 18.[1][3] Scholarly opinion varies on the total or partial authenticity of the reference in Book 18, Chapter 3, 3 of the Antiquities, a passage that states that Jesus the Messiah was a wise teacher who was crucified by Pilate, usually called the Testimonium Flavianum.[4][5][1] The general scholarly view is that while the Testimonium Flavianum is most likely not authentic in its entirety, it is broadly agreed upon that it originally consisted of an authentic nucleus, which was then subject to Christian interpolation and/or alteration.

Who tampered with Jospehus words? makes ya think ...hmmm

rationalwiki.org...

Structure: Structurally there is much wrong with the passage.[19][20] Josephus doesn't explain things as he does in passages of other would be messiahs.(see Jona Lendering's Messiah (overview) for examples of the amount of detail Josephus gives… even to Athronges, the shepherd of 4 BCE who Josephus says "had been a mere shepherd, not known by anybody." and yet had enough to give us far more details then is seen in the Jesus passage. Things such as what deeds Jesus did and to what Jesus won over people are missing.[21]

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Does your onion layers allow for stolen time of 1000 years history?

Why does humanity always revert to a dark age? And old knowledge is forgotten or suppressed.

What if these gods are not Mans friend?

www.stolenhistory.org...

All will be revealed when all Doctrinal realities are brought together and all begin to speak as one for the benefit and enlightenment of Greater Humanity.

Who will be the great Revelator?

This is a good read if you're interested....

www.amazon.com...

he remarkably subtle thread he weaves through every page of every chapter: that we hapless homo sapiens are being used and always have been -- that each of these seemingly unrelated events and persons were and are, in fact, critical pieces of a master plan orchestrated by aliens. Or 'gods' if you prefer the vernacular of those who worship them. He seems to believe, in a nutshell, that a band of extraterrestrial tyrants whom he calls the Custodials landed here eons ago with self-serving and nefarious intentions in mind.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Well Solomon did play with Demons...

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SouthernGift

I find it interesting that the Crown is due to be passed from Queen E literally any moment now, and with current events unfolding it just seems as if it’s culminating a historic milestone. Interesting times to be alive.

This has been speeding up for the last 20 years...changes in geopolitics, wars for control of resources, financial doom and boom cycles getting shorter. Earth changes.

As to Heaven? I think it was an aerial view of the Blue Planet that some got to see in ancient times on a UFO, or just another concept like hell to keep you enslaved with fear.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Phantom423

Anxiety caused by a parasite! And we know what anxiety leads to - from a simple parasite. From a domestic pet.

www.sciencedaily.com...

Toxoplasmosis: How a cat parasite exploits immune cells to reach the brain

Scientists have previously shown that a parasite from cats can infect people's brain and affect our behaviour. Now, researchers at Stockholm University have discovered how the parasite takes control of our cells.

A series of studies have previously shown that the parasite affects the brain of infected rats so that they lose fear of cats and even become attracted to cats' smell, making them an easy prey. This is how the parasite is spread onward, by ensuring that the rat is eaten by a cat.Toxoplasmosis is life-threatening to people with impaired immune systems and to unborn fetuses, but causes only mild symptoms in healthy individuals

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

The Romans described Jewish Christianity as a cult. Martyrdom is a trait of Cults. The early saints welcomed martyrdom. Helped make the cult stronger.

Thats how religions and state sponsored religions gain numbers.

Its also why they stopped killing them, then Rome wised up and took over Christianity.

Roman Empire version 2 rules a graet portion of the World,

its not too difficult to connect the dots.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Most High God

would that be Baal, Jehovah, El Shaddai, Elohim, or......

christiananswers.net...

951 Names and Titles of God

Riddle me this - If god confounded their language at Babel, why would it be part of the same game in confusing man over who he/she/it really is.

Why is this god so deceptive?

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Science as a cult like religion as a cult grows on you.

If I start eating chillies I can eat hotter and hotter ones - I then get addicted to the endorphins.

I can show you scientists ( through the usual blah blah peer reviewed ) that push drugs onto people whose benefits are dubious at best. I can show you priests who rationalize abuse of children and adults ( see Scientology or JWS or even main stream christianity)

Belief in evolution has many incremental steps to arrive at a declarative stance.

Belief in a christian god has many incremental steps to arrive at a declarative stance.

If I start reading my bible again in a church setting I'd pronbably get caught up again, much like when you're at a football game or a Hitler Night Rally.

Manipulation and allowing ourselves to be manipulated.

By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s

By faith I know that my rational mind will still be intact tomorrow, and yet I may hear voices through schizophrenia, god, or new tech weapons being developed. Quite the conundrum.

By faith you are justified according to Paul ...and yet James spoke of works. This is who the Roman Agent Provocateur Paul called a heretic and wrested "true" Christianity from.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   

traditional religions have millions of followers.

And traditional religions have become like small cults - when the people want divorce in Rome, or outing of pedophiles does the Pope listen - no - they just harden the line. And like cults there finances are secret, not much gets back to the poor.

BTW lets not dismiss culture and cults displayig similar traits.

And just a reminder Christianity was once considered a cult - until its widespread adoption.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Very much like political organizations! But people are free to believe what they want as long as they don't push it on others.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JBIZZ

Religions have done good works but if the foundation is based shaky ground what then?

Even before Plato there was religion and science - science has now shown us that religions and beleifs delusions can be manipulated by acoustic weapons.

Without science the Catholics would still be practicing the rhythm method and yet Italians have embraced the Pill.

Belief and the brain's 'God spot"
www.independent.co.uk...

Scientists say they have located the parts of the brain that control religious faith. And the research proves, they contend, that belief in a higher power is an evolutionary asset that helps human survival

And yet CHristians have grabbed this as proof of God....

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   
dp
edit on 13-4-2019 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

But its getting uglier out there - cult of personality, identity politiics

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join