It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FB ACCIDENTALLY Put Messages Like Big Brother is Watching and Masons Were Here in Controllers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Full Un-Edited Source Title:

Facebook accidentally put hidden messages like 'Big Brother is Watching' and 'The Masons Were Here' in 'tens of thousands' of VR controllers

Sure, we REALLY believe this was an accident! From a company that has had so many issues with privacy, this probably wasn't a great idea. Do any of you have Oculus Touch controllers that have one of these messages? Yes, rip them open and check!!!

BUSINESS INSIDER SOURCE ARTICLE

Facebook said it accidentally hid bizarre and "inappropriate" messages inside "tens of thousands" of virtual-reality controllers, including "Big Brother is Watching" and "The Masons Were Here." Nate Mitchell, the cofounder of Oculus, the Facebook-owned VR company, said on Twitter on Friday that the company inadvertently printed some unusual messages in its Touch controllers, handheld devices for playing games and navigating VR environments. These messages were intended only for prototypes, but a mistake meant they were included in regular production devices, he said. Some messages were included in developer kits for people building software for the product, while others made their way into consumer devices in significantly larger numbers.

"The messages on final production hardware say 'This Space For Rent' & 'The Masons Were Here.' A few dev kits shipped with 'Big Brother is Watching' and 'Hi iFixit! We See You!' but those were limited to non-consumer units," he said. iFixit is a tech repair company known for publicly deconstructing new gadgets and posting photos of their innards online.

The final production hardware is supposed to have this text:

Now that's an Easter Egg!
ANOTHER SOURCE THIS TIME ENGADGET

edit on 4122019 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   
That's pretty funny. That Mason one is cool, I would like to join the Masons especially if they are as important as they seem to be.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410
That's pretty funny. That Mason one is cool, I would like to join the Masons especially if they are as important as they seem to be.

we are, and we aren't. I feel it's vital to a society to have men who are willing to step up and do positive things for the community, so it can survive, and in reality, that's what we do. But the conspiracy stuff, while fun to fantasize about, isn't real. check out some threads in the SS forum done by masons. We do try to let as much out of the bag as we are supposed to. The parts we leave out, may even be seen on the web. But if you are truly interested in joining, I do recommend going into it with a good sense of wonder. It helps ingrain the lessons. Best thing I ever did besides marry my best friend.
edit on 12-4-2019 by network dude because: tea is the secret to life.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Sounds like some real deal collectors items those specimens.

Someone in that whole loop getting really, really fired. Like already. 86'd!
edit on 12-4-2019 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

top topics

join