It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another case of TDS? "Man ‘sets himself on fire’ outside White House, gets detained"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I'll call a spade a spade, this one might not be a spade... Food for thought. I think Sookiechacha brought up something we should consider.

I can empathize with not liking the way current healthcare is .. but Trump didn't do that, Obamacare was the previous admin. Having a legitimate gripe doesn't entitle you to blame the wrong party.

More than that, it doesn't make any sense out harming yourself and making yourself even more dependent on a broken system ... If that's even the case

And this whole line of discussion is based on a supposition, anyway; and I'd say a weak supposition, at that.
:
edit on 2019 4 12 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I said I could empethize with the irrational thoughts that could come with the dire situation (that we're speculating on)... Not that I agreed with him.

That said, who knows. Maybe there is more or less to the story.

I'm just not gonna make fun of someone that may have had disparity or mental illness.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

okay. so they shouldve super soakered him with kerosene?

novel approach
edit on 4 12 2019 by dashen because: ???

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
a reply to: burdman30ott6

okay. so they shouldve super soakered him with kerosene?

novel approach

Not at all what I said, and you know that. It's simply an example of how the "Right over your own body" is little more than a sometimes used convenient argument in the USA when, in reality, it's not considered a right by the powers that be. We could just as easily add the illegality of prostitution, drug use, and even seat belt laws to the list of things which, like suicide, are "right over your own body issues" that the authorities ultimately piss all over.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Trashcan man.

Regardless if this was a planned stunt, went off his meds or he was truly mentally ill I'm sure the left will blame DJT.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
Well, he made a statement. Like, I'm a mentally unstable friggin' idiot .

From Russia Today

Witnesses here say the man was in a motorized wheelchair and set his jacket on fire. Authorities rushed in and used an extinguisher to put it out.

Not much else to say at this point. They just keep getting nuttier and nuttier.

Gosh darn, that'll teach us!

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77
Wasn't the first and won't be the last. I think it is a great way for liberals to protest.

Or to campaign.

'BURNERS FOR BERNIE'

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: incoserv
Well, he made a statement. Like, I'm a mentally unstable friggin' idiot .

From Russia Today

Witnesses here say the man was in a motorized wheelchair and set his jacket on fire. Authorities rushed in and used an extinguisher to put it out.

Not much else to say at this point. They just keep getting nuttier and nuttier.

Gosh darn, that'll teach us!

If "us" is the radical left ... I doubt it

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: panoz77
Wasn't the first and won't be the last. I think it is a great way for liberals to protest.

Or to campaign.

'BURNERS FOR BERNIE'

Took "FEEL THE BERN" a might to literally and a might to far, eh?

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: incoserv

I'm not sure I would call it a crappy healthcare system.
Mick Jagger just had heart surgery and had it done in New York instead of jolly ole England where it would have been free.

No, it's more of an issue of cost not quality for the most part.

Yes it is mostly about cost - but you do not get the best quality without paying the highest costs.

At best we are going to have a two tier system if we want to keep the best healthcare in the world.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Quality is related to cost. If I have the choice between paying $25,000 for a crap automobile that will break down and leave me stranded or $250,000 for one that won't break down and will last, there's both a quality problem and a price gap problem.

This what we have here in the US.

Odd, though, that a post about some nutcase setting himself alight in front of the White House turned into a discussion on the US healthcare system.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Yep, it will be sad if it's a mental health issue.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Yep, it will be sad if it's a mental health issue.

Guy set himself on fire. How can that not be a mental health issue?

That's not something that sane people typically do.
:
edit on 2019 4 12 by incoserv because: ...

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I said I could empethize with the irrational thoughts that could come with the dire situation (that we're speculating on)... Not that I agreed with him.

That said, who knows. Maybe there is more or less to the story.

I'm just not gonna make fun of someone that may have had disparity or mental illness.

OP here ...

As far as having "mental illness," I'd say that'd be a pretty safe assumption. I mean, for goodness sake, he set himself on fire. I know a large number of people whom I'd consider to be fairly mentally stable and I can guarantee you that not a one of them would set himself or herself on fire!

Given the political climate and the insane (yes, I mean mentally unstable) things that we've seen people on the left do over the last couple of years (just look at few members of Congress if you need examples, or recently that paradigm of progressive values, ol' Jussie boy) and the particular place where this fellow decided to attempt self-immolation, it's hard to not think that there's some serious TDS going on here. Maybe not, but I'd say it's unlikely. And if it is, I'm pretty sure the MSM will stay hush-hush on it unless they think they can spin it to generate sympathy for their agenda.

If it's something else, like the guy was just pushed over the edge and really just snapped and it just happened to be that he was wheeling his chair just in front of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. when he did ... Well, maybe I'll owe somebody an apology. But, really?
:
edit on 2019 4 12 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

The article says he was in a mororized wheel chair, so I'm guessing this was about health care.

ObamaCare screwed this poor fellow too. A shame...

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

The article says he was in a mororized wheel chair, so I'm guessing this was about health care.

ObamaCare screwed this poor fellow too. A shame...

There's no "too" about it. If anything, the situation is at least no worse than when Hussein Obama was in the White House. The system, as has been stated earlier in this thread, is and has been in shambles for ages.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Health care in America is going to be a yuge issue in the coming election and the dembs are going to be all over it.

The aging population cares about health care and trump wanting to cut medicare will lose him supporters. For some odd reason old people want to stay alive too....

The GOP needs to get on the stick with some viable program or suffer a bigly backlash.

www.forbes.com...

edit on 12-4-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I know some people in here are trying to appear "compassionate," but the simple truth is:

IF YOU INTENTIONALLY SET YOURSELF ON FIRE,
YOU HAVE A MENTAL HEALTH ISSUE!

I'm not sure how I can put that any clearer. This is an emotionally disturbed individual. Whether or not it's a case of TDS, it is a case of mental health issues. Saying otherwise is not being compassionate or enlightened, or anything similar. It is actually being cruel. This man likely was rolling around in his wheelchair without anyone watching him to make sure he didn't hurt himself, probably because to do so would have somehow been denying him his human rights or some such silly stuff. Now he's going to have to also deal with severe burns. Anyone know how bad that hurts?

Compassion would be taking care of him to make sure he can't hurt himself in his delusional state. Not making excuses for him.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I mean, he had a motorized wheel chair, most people can't afford one of those. What is he protesting? Maybe they wouldn't approve one of those two thousand dollar sugar meters that you can get instantanious readings from your smart phone?

Maybe Medicare wouldn't pay for a new battery for his chair?

Just because someone is disabled does not mean they are sane.

Odds are good he didnt buy it. To get medicare to cover it all you have to do is get a doctor to say its medically necessary. And like magic a government paid wheelchair shows up. We recently did this with my father to help him get around. 2600.00 paid by govt.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: rickymouse
I mean, he had a motorized wheel chair, most people can't afford one of those. What is he protesting? Maybe they wouldn't approve one of those two thousand dollar sugar meters that you can get instantanious readings from your smart phone?

Maybe Medicare wouldn't pay for a new battery for his chair?

Just because someone is disabled does not mean they are sane.

Odds are good he didnt buy it. To get medicare to cover it all you have to do is get a doctor to say its medically necessary. And like magic a government paid wheelchair shows up. We recently did this with my father to help him get around. 2600.00 paid by govt.

But they usually do not buy the new battery. Medicare will pay to have a wheelchair fixed, but they would not pay for a new battery when someone I knew who had one had their battery go bad. I mentioned the battery thing in my post, but did not explain all of it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join