It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another case of TDS? "Man ‘sets himself on fire’ outside White House, gets detained"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Well, he made a statement. Like, I'm a mentally unstable friggin' idiot .

From Russia Today

Witnesses here say the man was in a motorized wheelchair and set his jacket on fire. Authorities rushed in and used an extinguisher to put it out.

Not much else to say at this point. They just keep getting nuttier and nuttier.
edit on 2019 4 12 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

The article says he was in a mororized wheel chair, so I'm guessing this was about health care.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

link   
That doesn't make it any less insane. If you're correct, now but only sure lo does he have to deal with whatever condition put him in the wheelchair, but he likely has severe burns on his upper body now.

I understand the idea of protest and even civil disobedience, but this is mentally unhinged behavior.

link   
Oops!
edit on 2019 4 12 by incoserv because: double post.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

The article says he was in a mororized wheel chair, so I'm guessing this was about health care.

As someone who has had family unexpectedly get diagnosed with something that would cost them 100,000 a year plus (thankfully they are insured)...

I understand that if that is the case (him protesting health care)... That's not TDS, that's something I can empathize with.

It's hard for people who live a happy healthy life to understand what your mind does when you have to confront losing everything just to live.

I'm more than happy to call someone out for taking politics too far, and some people truly do let some of Trumps persona get to them too much... But this may not be that.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Maybe they made a mistake and thought his burning tesla was a wheelchair...

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

The reality is that the crappy healthcare system that we have in the US is not the fault is the current administration, any more that the immigration crisis is. Again, I understand the idea is protest and calling attention to issues, but how is making one's self even more dependent on a failing system going to help the suffer or do anything to fix the system?

Whatever his motivation, it just ain't right.
edit on 2019 4 12 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I'm not sure I would call it a crappy healthcare system.
Mick Jagger just had heart surgery and had it done in New York instead of jolly ole England where it would have been free.

No, it's more of an issue of cost not quality for the most part.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

The reality is that the crappy healthcare system that we have in the US is not the fault is the current administration, any more that the immigration crisis is

And that's all fine and dandy, hell, I'd agree with you on that.

But I also understand the flip side of the coin. When I found out one of the closest people I've ever had in my life got turned down for an MRI because of a miss-diagnosis which resulted in stage 4 incurable cancer that could have been prevented, I was irrational for some time. I've since come to terms with things and have found reason.

I'll call a spade a spade, this one might not be a spade... Food for thought. I think Sookiechacha brought up something we should consider.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I can't afford my healthcare....
Maybe I should do something that will cause me to require a lot more healthcare!
Duh.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Wasn't the first and won't be the last. I think it is a great way for liberals to protest.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

One tries to find humor in every post, but how bad does it have to get to set yourself on fire....for whatever reason.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I mean, he had a motorized wheel chair, most people can't afford one of those. What is he protesting? Maybe they wouldn't approve one of those two thousand dollar sugar meters that you can get instantanious readings from your smart phone?

Maybe Medicare wouldn't pay for a new battery for his chair?

Just because someone is disabled does not mean they are sane.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I mean, he had a motorized wheel chair, most people can't afford one of those. What is he protesting? Maybe they wouldn't approve one of those two thousand dollar sugar meters that you can get instantanious readings from your smart phone?

Maybe Medicare wouldn't pay for a new battery for his chair?

Just because someone is disabled does not mean they are sane.

Or helpless

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I can't afford my healthcare....
Maybe I should do something that will cause me to require a lot more healthcare!
Duh.

He may have not intended to make it.

Who knows.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

One tries to find humor in every post, but how bad does it have to get to set yourself on fire....for whatever reason.

Uh ... TDS?

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

If so it's worse TDS than I thought. Since this current administration has little to do with the current healthcare situation. He should be doing this in front of Congress. Neither D nor R want to fix healthcare.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I'll call a spade a spade, this one might not be a spade... Food for thought. I think Sookiechacha brought up something we should consider.

I can empathize with not liking the way current healthcare is .. but Trump didn't do that, Obamacare was the previous admin. Having a legitimate gripe doesn't entitle you to blame the wrong party.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Why did they extinguish the fire? This is a great example of the hypocritical dichotomy of this country's policies... A woman can abort the baby she's carrying because "her body, her choice" but we'll be damned and go to hell if the authorities are going to permit someone to kill themselves, despite it only affecting their body and being their choice.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join