It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Undersea search begins for ASDF fighter jet

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Not sure if Americans are getting this news.
But a B52 left Guam with some good stuff. I think the B52 is going to blow up the whole area. Maybe the guy on the forum knows what is going down .
I can't locate anything in English about the B52 though.

Japan's Defense Ministry says an undersea search has begun for an Air Self-Defense Force fighter jet that crashed off Aomori Prefecture on Tuesday.

Debris from the F-35A was found on Wednesday morning, but the pilot remains missing.

Defense Minister Takeshi Iwaya told reporters on Friday that aircraft and ships from the Self-Defense Forces, the Coast Guard and the US military are continuing their search.

He also said a submarine rescue ship of the Maritime Self-Defense Force began an undersea search on Friday morning.

The ministry plans to expand its fleet of F-35 jets to 147 over the next 10 years.

Iwaya said the ministry will focus on finding out the cause of the crash, and there has been no change to its deployment plan.

Referring to the two emergency landings that the fighter made in the past, he said faulty parts were changed before it was put back into service. He added that the ministry plans to investigate whether the repairs had anything to do with the crash.

Asked about concerns that China and Russia may try to recover the crashed jet, Iwaya said the ministry is monitoring foreign aircraft and vessels around the clock, and it has not detected any unusual activities.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

explain coherently what you think the B52 is going to do again ?????????????

you missed out the important step of how its departure from guam has any link to the F35 crash

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

explain coherently what you think the B52 is going to do again ?????????????

you missed out the important step of how its departure from guam has any link to the F35 crash

I can't find it now on Yahoo Japan news, but the B 52 was in route over the crash area. News was saying it really wasn't an unusual flight pattern though. Maybe one the members here that is station on Guam can chime in.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   
The source is twitter, which seems pure speculation. A B-52 starting from Guam does not imply that it is part of the search operation. It would not make any sense anyway.
AircraftSpots

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
But wouldn't they need refueling?

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I believe those are the KC-135's for refueling. If you can give us a Japanese source, we can translate it with google services.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

They have been rotating B-52s through Guam as part of a routine deployment for years. It has nothing to do with the underwater search. They have been used to search for people and boats on the surface however. The water in that area is deep, but easily within recovery range once they find the aircraft.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   

It depends on how long they're staying on station.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: moebius
The source is twitter, which seems pure speculation. A B-52 starting from Guam does not imply that it is part of the search operation. It would not make any sense anyway.
AircraftSpots

The statement the OP made was "Not sure if Americans are getting this news. But a B52 left Guam with some good stuff. I think the B52 is going to blow up the whole area. Maybe the guy on the forum knows what is going down .I can't locate anything in English about the B52 though."

This is implying that the US military would be willing to nuke the area to prevent the f35 from being grabbed by China or Russia. Quite the stretch I think and totally unfounded lol.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 4/12.2019 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

If the Western coalition can locate the plane then it might be easier to destroy it rather than risk retrieval extra time and leaving the possibility that the East might get something from there. I dos actually make some sort of sense, even though the damage to the wildlife especially whales and dolphins is a bit too hard to contemplate

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

In which case a Mk48 or two will do the job nicely.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I'm sorry Zaph, no idea about anything apart from limited ufo stuff though am fascinated by planes as they are similar and so elegant and amazingly engineered.............. What is a MK48? Like a underwater bomb or something?

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

They're the torpedo carried by submarines. They carry a 650 pound warhead and can be pretty precisely targeted.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Ta Zaph.... for us basic novices but with an interest in this field you are an educational mind of knowledge

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Ta Zaph.... for us basic novices but with an interest in this field you are an educational mind of knowledge

Thanks Zaph
The info I provided was on Yahoo Japan on the mobile phone, but for some reason after trying to locate it on my desktop, just wasn't there. The news had the map of the flight to the area, so my thoughts were that it was on a search and destroy mission.
The Japanese and the American military are in the area for lookout for Chinese and Russians.
I want to thank you also for your military update on all your threads you make.
I was stationed at Kadena and Yokota in the Air Force.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   

The B-52 mounts a pair of cameras under the nose. It's not the perfect aircraft for a search and recovery mission, but add in the inflight refueling and you get a platform that can shoot video, and stay on station longer than most other manned platforms.

Speaking of interesting search and recovery aircraft, a U-2 has joined the search for the pilot.
edit on 4/12/2019 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

The B-52 mounts a pair of cameras under the nose. It's not the perfect aircraft for a search and recovery mission, but add in the inflight refueling and you get a platform that can shoot video, and stay on station longer than most other manned platforms.

Speaking of interesting search and recovery aircraft, a U-2 has joined the search for the pilot.

The water is too cold now I think for him to survive even if he made into the life raft, but then again his radio would have transmitted his location and some other high tech he probably has these days

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   

That's why it's a search and recovery, not a search and rescue. They're trying to find his body to return to the family.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

That's why it's a search and recovery, not a search and rescue. They're trying to find his body to return to the family.

Yes, and the Japanese are very family about this too.
It is a sad situation either way.
I wonder if any of the chinese hardware installed in it had anything to do with it. I'm say chinese hardware, but I think you know what tech that Clinton had allow the chinese to obtain?

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   
The Chinese have been stealing technology from the US government and companies for decades and nothing was done. It was all about maintaining profits and good relationship until the realization that the theft is now letting the Chinese replace the US business.

<<   2 >>

join