It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PewDiePie deals deathblow to Google and Amazon. Goes to blockchain site.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

So obviously not a "deathblow". Google's youtube and Amazon's Twitch will be fine.

As far as I can tell, he seems like a complete douchenozzle. I cant stand to watch or listen to him for more than 5 seconds but it is nice to see someone sidestep these two giants.

Pewdiepie will be going to DLive and hopes to take a chunk of his 93 million subscribers with him.

PewDiePie Forges First Exclusive Livestreaming Partnership with DLive.

In major livestreaming platform deal, PewDiePie to stream weekly on DLive starting April 14 DLive is powered by blockchain technology with a vision of empowering creators and rewarding communities in a Value-Sharing Content Economy

Maybe his decision was due in part to the petition which cites examples of his "White Supremacy".

Or possibly because youtube takes almost 50% of your revenue.

Google, Amazon, youtube, twitch, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram: these companies dont "control" the web but they do dictate a lot of content.

In other words, if a handful of companies decide to ban your content for whatever reason they deem appropriate, it can essentially end your "career" and livelihood.

edit on 11-4-2019 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Can't say I've ever watched a pewdiepie video, but yeah that's gonna hit youtube where it really hurts...in the pocket.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   
They nearly have a monopoly and it's going to be tough getting people over to the site. It's easy for pewdiepie b/c he has a huge following and doesn't risk anything serious. A person with a much smaller amount of subscribers could possibly risk losing a many of followers if they try to stream on a much smaller website.

Also, i looked at his "racist" videos and he was just joking around. Just people with no lifes that are looking to take someone down.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Forget PewDiePie.

Its all about Cartmanbrah!

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Good. he always had a choice from the start ...so..

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Seems strange. I would not trust this guy. I mean is it really possible to get that many followers, by playing video games, all on your own without help? It just seems from previous history that one does not become big unless allowed to. Die hard video game people don't tend to care much about politics. Get a guy they will listen to, a fellow gamer, and then merge it all into politics, which it has done. I don't know.. Everything seems fishy these days to me.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Who?

What?

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

The Indians are restless... Youtube likely forced Pewdiepie's hand on this, as they're likely going to kiss India's ass and comply with the demand that they remove any Pewdiepie videos that are disrespectful of T-Series. If I was in his shoes, I'd burn the channel to the ground after letting my fans know where I was relocating to, and then salt the Earth behind me... he actually does have enough followers to dent Google on this if he chooses to do so.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   
People are dreaming when they think one person's videos are a major percentage of use on youtube.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGreatWork

try watching some videos before assuming things, really he just got lucky with his timing and started his rise before youtube and google became big and before the powers that be took the Internet seriously as a way to make large profits.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Subscribe to pewdiepie

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
People are dreaming when they think one person's videos are a major percentage of use on youtube.

Even the OP said they will be OK.

However, 93M will now be aware that there are alternatives and many will start checking it out. Not to mention the other millions that don't watch PewDiePie but will hear about it from the news and other social media.

I don't see it as a bad thing and welcome it despite never watching a PewDiePie video
edit on 53430America/ChicagoThu, 11 Apr 2019 12:53:06 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Youtube claims 1.3 Billion registered users... 1/13th of them (roughly 8%) are Pewdiepie subscribers. No business in their right mind in 2019 pisses off 8% of their userbase and gets past it without at least some losses. Nobody is suggesting he'll take down Youtube, but he's going to make it sting and, just like a crap basketball team like the Cavs signing Lebron James, it immediately makes DLive a serious player in the streaming world and will result in many more content creators joining them over the alternatives.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Youtube/google/facebook/twitter are all leftist regimes and are going to start losing market share to the 1st competitor that pops up.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So you believe that everyone who ever subscribed watches his videos repeatedly. Many may have subscribed and never returned or watch one occasionally.

Highly unlikely that all watch every video.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I am not surprised.

As a culture we have gone from kids actually doing things, to kids playing video games, to kids watching kids play video games, to kids reacting to kids watching kids play video games.....

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

What's a PewDiePie?

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

So you believe that everyone who ever subscribed watches his videos repeatedly. Many may have subscribed and never returned or watch one occasionally.

Highly unlikely that all watch every video.

No, and I don't think I said that... What I'm saying is that, aside from the little kid that reviews toys, Pew is by far and away the most watched, most followed, highest earning original content creator on the platform. That's not an opinion, it's a statistical fact... www.statista.com...

Let me throw your question back at you... of the 1.3 billion users Youtube, themselves claim, do you believe that all of them use the site regularly or does it include folks who have watched part or all of a single video and never returned? If Pew's numbers are skewed, then it would seem to be reasonable to say the number being compared against (in this case the total platform user base) is equally skewed, meaning the relationship between the two numbers is still appropriate, as both are impacted by the same predictable percentage of "one and done" users.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
I am not surprised.

As a culture we have gone from kids actually doing things, to kids playing video games, to kids watching kids play video games, to kids reacting to kids watching kids play video games.....

How is it any different from watching any other TV or streaming offering, though? Ultimately all TV/movies/streaming are is watching someone else get paid to do crap you're too lazy, poor, untalented, or scared to do yourself, isn't it?

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

it is one more step removed from the activity, for a starter.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join