It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion shouldn't exist

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

I know mate, hard to show emotion while writing......

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: rickymouse
Well, I am not much of a believer in religions, but I do think that this universe and beyond does have a collective consciousness and a part of that collective consciousness on our local level would be the collective consciousness of everything that lives on this planet. So the main CC would be considered the main god I suppose, linked to our local CC which has many names in religions around the world.

So, I believe in god, and maybe some of the offspring of god at the local level of our existences.

The local entity has varying names in religions, and ones who can connect to it are called messiahs or Buddhas. Meditation and a close relative of it, prayer, is often used to connect to this Holy spirit or great spirit, or Gaia or what ever you would desire to call it. Our subconscious can use the link to keep in touch with others we have something in common with greatly increasing collective consciousness of a group. But there are people who want to dictate this link to control people, governments and many religions constantly try to control the people. But of course, linking to the wrong type of person can cause a person to be a menace on society, it is important to link to people who are good people, not to those who want to steal and spew hate in the society.

It is hard to control this link, if you respect someone or agree strongly with them they allow access to their group. so, you are who you hang around with is often true. We can choose to not listen to the wrong kind of link, that is what religions try to do, limit tying to crazy or greedy people. I do not think Athiests have considered this link very well even though they utilize it in their religion.
Soo.. you knowingly believe in things that have no corroborating evidence a part from your own beliefs?

I am trying to analyze what religious people say and have observed people, analyzing everyone for over fifty five years, since I was about six or seven years old. I have seen things and experienced things that I know do not fit into consensus of the time and try to analyze what actually happened. I can sense things lots of times and I see that people who have things in common will meet each other when a thousand miles from home, not knowing the other is even there, setting up chairs to watch a parade only to find others they know have set up chairs right next to them before or after they did without even seeing them. How is that possible, if people are connected, it could explain it.

So when people join a church they connect with others in the church, the problem is that some alpha people can lead the church down the wrong path. And that happens a lot, the thoughts they transmit and their words tend to make people follow them. The admiration of wealth and prestige is a bad thing, People all enfatuated with movie stars and beautiful people tend to not even see or link to those that are not beautiful. The same goes with skinny, skinny people tend to link to others they believe are like themselves many times, and people who are bigger do not let these disruptive personalities link to their subconscious. So delusional skinny people believe they are healthier even though they are not healthier, they get sick easier and their consciousness is often skewed by lack of proper nutrition. They cannot tell their mind is compromised though and people who are obese cannot see the effect that food has on their consciousness either. People of a kind tend to flock together to reinforce their beliefs.

I do not dislike these people living in delusion, actually I tend to feel a little sorry for them. They are hung up on things that really do not matter. Many people who are scientists are the same way, their beliefs make it so they cannot enjoy the life to the fullest. So do religious people sometimes, we only have this one life, but we have to respect the fact that others only have one life to live too, we need to be social and understand that we all should get along and enjoy this life. I do not like deceivers and thieves who try to steal what we have earned, they are bad for society, they try to make us think we need things we do not really need.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JonU2

Awwwww... how special... another Church of Me thread.

"There is no such thing as an omnipotent and omniscient being called "God"... and I know because I am so omnipotent and omniscient! You will not believe in any omnipotent or omniscient being except ME!!!"

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The main thing is that all religion is make belief. There is NO truth there. A large part of humanity over many, many years has been told lie after lie. People have made many fortunes because of these lies.

The Emperor is naked (Hans Christian Anderson reference).............isn't it about time people realised this? The money grabbing evangelists on tv are just liars.......I don't understand why so many people get sucked into their bull#.

Everyone would be a better person without religion

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea
So which god have you seen or talked to?

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Religion is a cultural system of designated behaviors and practices, morals, worldviews, texts, sanctified places, prophecies, ethics, or organizations, that relates humanity to supernatural, transcendental, or spiritual elements. However, there is no scholarly consensus over what precisely constitutes a religion.

Different religions may or may not contain various elements ranging from the divine, sacred things, faith, a supernatural being or supernatural beings or "some sort of ultimacy and transcendence that will provide norms and power for the rest of life".

There is no separation of religion from society. Religion is "the tie that binds". A completely secular society will still have designated behaviors and practices, morals, worldviews, texts, ethics and organizations. Humans are social people.

It would be nice if people in a culture had the same worldview, the same set of facts; but hey! We live in a multi-cultural World.

Gods who hand down laws are probably fictitious, but not necessarily bad. The badness comes when one culture claims that their particular law giver is one and only god, and the law is universal to all people. Conquest and subjugation would then seem logical and good, for the good of the heathen of course.

The gods look on appalled , "What the hell are they doing?"

"I don't know, I didn't tell them to do that."
edit on 11-4-2019 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: trustmeimdoctor

Curious question to ask someone in response to a comment that claimed no belief whatsoever... quite presumptuous actually.

Perhaps I don't see or speak to any god at all... or perhaps I do.

Either way, what does it matter? Isn't that between me and my Creator?

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: BoadiceaI'm just making a point. Nobody has ever seen or spoken to a god as far as I'm aware. A god may exist but we have no proof of that. Religions are all full of it.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JonU2

The main thing is that all religion is make belief. There is NO truth there. A large part of humanity over many, many years has been told lie after lie. People have made many fortunes because of these lies.

The Emperor is naked (Hans Christian Anderson reference).............isn't it about time people realised this? The money grabbing evangelists on tv are just liars.......I don't understand why so many people get sucked into their bull#.

Hey, I am related to Hans Christian Anderson, he was a great great aunts husband. The thing is he was not the Hans Christian Anderson who was the writer.
But scientific genetic evidence shows that I am a relative, unless you actually do extra research which shows it is Bull.

To say there is no god is immature, first you have to ask what is the being they say is god and what is the Devil. Devil is basically the deceiver mindset that people have, it is linking to a similar type of person. Satan is the chaos personality, linking to others who share the desire for chaos. God is structure, but everyone's version of god is different. God is the god of all life, even bacteria. Saying that god is humanlike is far from the truth. It is a being of consciousness, with the ability to control everything if it sees fit. It is not like human at all, it is an entity. Entities can be just collective consciousness. Those who believe only in god being for humans are not actually correct, this consciousness actually has little to do en mass with humans, every single life force shares consciousness with this being. If instructed every fish in the sea could wag their tales in the same direction and create a title wave. Chaos keeps them from doing that. So the power of this being is regulated by chaos and of course, if this being does not agree with you it will not protect you.

Beings of energy could exist, I do not believe in the definitions science has given to identify life. It is far from being real science, it limits our comprehension. Twenty years ago science said that it is impossible to have life on any other planet in this solar system, now once they opened their mind with evidence they say it is probable. We only know a millionth of what there is to know about things, but humans have big egos and that makes them flawed, they see what they believe.

Is there a being that people could be calling god? Chances are if you expand the definition of life, there probably is, but we would only be able to connect with the local entity which is a part of the bigger picture, and which is relative to us more than the main being. I tend to think, Mother earth or great spirit is a more proper name for this being, but lots of people only believe in the humanized version they created.

So, I believe in God. Belief is something good positively effects your life. Science is a tool used by both good and evil, it is used against us and to control us more than it is used to help people. Without structure our societies would be way more chaotic, Our murder laws and our laws that say stealing is illegal would not exist, none of us would probably exist if this was the case, most of our ancestors would not have had children. Chaos would be much worse and science would never have gotten this far because people would not be working for the common good. The belief of our ancestors in god made this possible.

phys.org...

phys.org...

I like researching scientific evidence and I do not see much in science that says god cannot exist. How can someone say it does not exist when we really do not even know what god is. God is the word, the word not spoken....what does that mean, it could mean that linking people together makes them more powerful, a subconscious link that is shared by many species in the world, even the forests are linked together by signals. Humans did not lose their ability to communicate subconsciously, those who want to control us want us to believe that though and use twisted scientific evidence to make us believe it is not real.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: trustmeimdoctor
a reply to: BoadiceaI'm just making a point. Nobody has ever seen or spoken to a god as far as I'm aware. A god may exist but we have no proof of that. Religions are all full of it.

Funny... I was making the same point. No one knows. So the beliefs of the atheist are exactly the same as the beliefs of the religious.

Either/or can claim to know, but neither knows for sure.

So the difference comes down to those who believe in an omnipotent and omniscient being outside themselves, and those who would presume to claim they themselves are the omnipotent and omniscient being who knows there is no god/God.

ETA: Anyone and everyone who has ever prayed has "spoken to" God... And that as the Creator of all creation, we see God everywhere. The question is do we recognize that?
edit on 11-4-2019 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

It is understandable that as you do not believe, you feel that no one should. And that all religion should be erased so that it does not inconvenience your personal belief structure.

Nevertheless, you must understand that others have a right to their own truth.

This is the time of choosing. Sides are being assembled and counted.
This is not a war where one may choose neutrality. Those that teeter upon fences will fall, on one side or the other.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BoadiceaI see. Thanks for clarifying. I didn't get that from your post originally. I also believe athiests do not know. I do not know. Nobody really does.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Don't nobody know nothin?

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Hey, I am related to Hans Christian Anderson, he was a great great aunts husband. The thing is he was not the Hans Christian Anderson who was the writer.
But scientific genetic evidence shows that I am a relative, unless you actually do extra research which shows it is Bull.

To say there is no god is immature, first you have to ask what is the being they say is god and what is the Devil. Devil is basically the deceiver mindset that people have, it is linking to a similar type of person. Satan is the chaos personality, linking to others who share the desire for chaos. God is structure, but everyone's version of god is different. God is the god of all life, even bacteria. Saying that god is humanlike is far from the truth. It is a being of consciousness, with the ability to control everything if it sees fit. It is not like human at all, it is an entity. Entities can be just collective consciousness. Those who believe only in god being for humans are not actually correct, this consciousness actually has little to do en mass with humans, every single life force shares consciousness with this being. If instructed every fish in the sea could wag their tales in the same direction and create a title wave. Chaos keeps them from doing that. So the power of this being is regulated by chaos and of course, if this being does not agree with you it will not protect you.

Beings of energy could exist, I do not believe in the definitions science has given to identify life. It is far from being real science, it limits our comprehension. Twenty years ago science said that it is impossible to have life on any other planet in this solar system, now once they opened their mind with evidence they say it is probable. We only know a millionth of what there is to know about things, but humans have big egos and that makes them flawed, they see what they believe.

Is there a being that people could be calling god? Chances are if you expand the definition of life, there probably is, but we would only be able to connect with the local entity which is a part of the bigger picture, and which is relative to us more than the main being. I tend to think, Mother earth or great spirit is a more proper name for this being, but lots of people only believe in the humanized version they created.

So, I believe in God. Belief is something good positively effects your life. Science is a tool used by both good and evil, it is used against us and to control us more than it is used to help people. Without structure our societies would be way more chaotic, Our murder laws and our laws that say stealing is illegal would not exist, none of us would probably exist if this was the case, most of our ancestors would not have had children. Chaos would be much worse and science would never have gotten this far because people would not be working for the common good. The belief of our ancestors in god made this possible.

phys.org...

phys.org...

I like researching scientific evidence and I do not see much in science that says god cannot exist. How can someone say it does not exist when we really do not even know what god is. God is the word, the word not spoken....what does that mean, it could mean that linking people together makes them more powerful, a subconscious link that is shared by many species in the world, even the forests are linked together by signals. Humans did not lose their ability to communicate subconsciously, those who want to control us want us to believe that though and use twisted scientific evidence to make us believe it is not real.
yea, but you are coming at the problem exactly backwards. First off. There is no consensus on what people say a god is. There are literally thousands of claims. A lot of which directly oppose each other. If this were the case, we would have to accept every claim. No mTter how absurd.

Second. The proper way to distinguish whether something exists or not, is not to say that science has no way of disproving it, so it is likely, probable, or even possible. If that were the case, we would have to accept that fairies and leprechauns exist until science proves otherwise.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Awwwww... how special... another Church of Me thread.

"There is no such thing as an omnipotent and omniscient being called "God"... and I know because I am so omnipotent and omniscient! You will not believe in any omnipotent or omniscient being except ME!!!"

Nice, so, do you believe there is a god that has a plan for us? If so, why do you pray? Surely that plan is already in motion......

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

So there is no point in having gods then...........surely we're grown up enough to admit that?

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

phys.org...

phys.org...

yea, but you are coming at the problem exactly backwards. First off. There is no consensus on what people say a god is. There are literally thousands of claims. A lot of which directly oppose each other. If this were the case, we would have to accept every claim. No mTter how absurd.

Second. The proper way to distinguish whether something exists or not, is not to say that science has no way of disproving it, so it is likely, probable, or even possible. If that were the case, we would have to accept that fairies and leprechauns exist until science proves otherwise.

Ooooohh, I like fairies, but you would have to catch one of them for me to believe they still exist, at one time there could have been a small creature that would have somewhat matched the description of a fairy, maybe some sort of bug or birdlike creature or something.

Of course religions want to own god, that is a human nature, to define what their beliefs are. I do not believe half of the interpretations of scientific evidence out there, I know how people twist and set up research to show what they want it to show. So the fruits of science can be just as unreal as a fake god. But if you classify god as the collective consciousness of the whole planet, a combination of all frequency patterns of life, it could create a super computer with AI ability above anything man can comprehend. Trouble is, I cannot comprehend what a bug is thinking, I do not know how to translate any language other than science terminology into English. So people could not actually comprehend what this being is trying to tell them unless they linked to it in a limited fashion, only accepting human versions.

I would need a translator if it was in Hebrew.

Nobody owns god, god would choose anyone it wants to talk to or help. That does not stop people from saying you have to be a chosen one to be a messiah though, to say that nobody other than some special people can understand god. Just like science does all the time, they put parameters on god so only those who believe as they do are able to tie to god.

That is a problem with people and not the entity itself.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Saying there is no god is immature? I cannot believe you said that to a 57 year old. In your mind am I suddenly immature in age or spiritual wisdom or what?

Saying there IS a god is pretty closed minded (akin to a horse wearing blinkers or blinders).

I really don't care what anybody wished to believe but I would like to see this planet devoid of all religion so that people can just be.........

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

No that's where you are completely wrong. Atheists are just saying there is no god and the lack of proof of one backs them up.

People who say there IS a god have no proof to back them up.

It is not about belief, it's about facts.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

The main problem today is now I get preached at by Atheists and the religious. I beg for the day it was only the religious and not 20 fadora hat wearing edge lords ranting when explaining its possible God exists.

Atheists and the religious are way more alike then they realize.

What a load of snip!
I have never had an atheist knock on my door and try to convert me. Nor have I ever had an atheist accost me in public, or leave a tract in my bathroom, or on my car. No atheist has ever sent me a letter asking for money or to come to their next service on Sunday. No atheist has ever preached at one funeral I've ever been to. No atheist has ever protested my business because I do work for gays. I could go on...

Online is a different matter, because all religious and non-religious alike can have their say, and argue with one another to their hearts content. But even online, you'll find the religious greatly out number the non-religious in preachers and proselytizers.
edit on 4/11/2019 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join