It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange arrested at the Ecuadorian embassy in London.

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
And just like that "Poof" gone from the media .

In what way gone? He was the subject of articles in a lot of the press and TV yesterday, how does equate to 'gone'?

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted
That's really your opinion, please don't try and state it as fact.

No, it is fact.

What is my opinion is that I believe, based on the overwhelming evidence, that the accusations against Cavanaugh were intentionally falsified.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

'Assange may very well end up dead' – Roger Waters

edit on 17/4/2019 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Former Ecuadorian embassy consul and first secretary Fidel Narvaez has told Sky news that during his 8 years at the embassy Julian Assange was 100% respectful and that the smears against him are just that ... smears.

Fidel Narvaez left the embassy last July but was there through Assanges asylum claim.

Speaking to Sky News, Fidel Narvaez disputed claims that Assange had assaulted guards, didn't clean up after himself, didn't take care of his pet cat and even smeared human excrement on the walls of the embassy.

He said: "Julian had a respectful relationship with staff, diplomats and administrative staff. I don't recall a single incident when he disrespected someone until I left in July 2018.

"He was 100% respectful. Clean and tidy? What is clean and tidy? Did he put the dishes in the dishwasher? Probably not at weekends. Is that a crime?"

And of his final year in the embassy Mr Narvaez says...

"The last year was hell for Julian in that embassy.
"I was there the first months of the last year and I witnessed when Julian was told that he would no longer be allowed to have internet or access to the phone and wouldn't be able to have visitors.

"The strategy was very clear - break him down. The government didn't know how to end the asylum and face the catastrophic historical shame for doing that."

Mr Narvaez shared some of the photographs he had taken inside the embassy when he worked there, including the small kitchen area that Assange shared.
news.sky.com...

There's a video of the interview with Fidel Narvaez in the link above.

edit on 20-4-2019 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
3/22 - Barr states Mueller report completed; 4-pg letter
4/11 - Assange arrested

(Less than 3 weeks later. After he’s been there 7 years, and throughout all of Mueller’s investigation.)

Source from Mueller Report Link

Assange states it was never a hack but an inside job.
This wasn’t part of his investigation? Weird.

So the guy from WikiLeaks who published the “hacked” emails says it’s not Russians, and we have no evidence to suggest in the years since WikiLeaks was founded, he’s ever lied or published not-truths. Yet he’s not part of the investigation but arrested less than 3 weeks later?

Ok.

edit on 20-4-2019 by ucanthandlethetruth because: Added source link for screen grab

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

I think at least one allegation was dropped only because they could not see a way to get to Assange while he was sequestered in the embassy. Not for lack of evidence. Both cases were he said she said, there was no hard evidence.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Yes this is my understanding too.
One case actually reached its statute of limitations and the other was dropped because they could not see how to get to Assange.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   

That is why they were dropped. They said they could not see a way to get to him.
He needed to be extradited but Ecuador does not have an agreement with Sweden or they would not cooperate. either way the case was dropped because he couldnt be brought to Sweden.
Now he can. They are reopening the last case.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

That is why they were dropped. They said they could not see a way to get to him.
He needed to be extradited but Ecuador does not have an agreement with Sweden or they would not cooperate. either way the case was dropped because he couldnt be brought to Sweden.
Now he can. They are reopening the last case.

Sorry you dont know what you are talking about. They cannot reopen the case as the time frame has now past. He was interviewed too and evdiently they lacked evidence or else he would have been charged.

If you are interesting in changing the fabrication of your imagination too fact then have a read of the link below.

www.craigmurray.org.uk...< br />

Only the more minor allegation has passed the statute of limitations deadline. The major allegation, equivalent to rape, is still well within limits. Sweden has had seven years to complete the investigation and prepare the case. It is over two years since they interviewed Julian Assange in the Ecuadorean Embassy. They have had years and years to collect all the evidence and prepare the charges.

:-)

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Assange sentenced to 50 weeks.

A British judge has sentenced WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange to 50 weeks in prison for jumping bail in 2012. Judge Deborah Taylor said Wednesday that Assange merited near the maximum sentence of one year because of the seriousness of his offense. She rejected his claim for leniency based on the nearly seven years he spent in the Ecuadorian Embassy.

AP
edit on 1/5/2019 by RexKramerPRT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: RexKramerPRT

one has to wonder - does mr assange think it was all worth the effort at this point ?

he is now serving a custodial sentence - which will affect his future liberties in the UK . a fate he could have entirely avoided

he spent 6 years in the ecuador embasy - a " victim " of his own machinations

and the swedes are reviewing thier case against him

well done mr assange - what did you achieve ?

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Before everyone starts whining on, read the sentencing statements...

Judiciary UK

Whilst you may have had fears as to what may happen toyou, nonetheless you had a choice, and the course of action you chose was to commit this offence in the manner and with the features I have already outlined. In addition, I reject the suggestion that yourvoluntary residence in the Embassyshould reduce any sentence.You were not living under prison conditions, and you could have left at any time to face due process with the rights and protections which the legal system in this country provides.

Personally, I am glad he is being treated just like any othet bail offender, rather then a special case celebrity. Plus, he'll be released half way through his sentence, so the full 50 weeks won't be run. That's also part of the judgement.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Judge Deborah Taylor said Wednesday that Assange merited near the maximum sentence of one year because of the seriousness of his offense.

Hardly that serious but I guess Judge Deborah Taylor is entitled to her opinion , under our system Julian will serve about 6 months which will give the US time enough to get the extradition paperwork in place ready to get him shipped of to the states to be hung , drawn and quartered.

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

he is now serving a custodial sentence - which will affect his future liberties in the UK . a fate he could have entirely avoided

I guess with this conviction on his record now he won't be allowed into the US

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

one has to wonder - does mr assange think it was all worth the effort at this point ?

It's easy, sitting in the comfort of your own home talking about why Assange did what he did, but do you think it's quite obvious?

It's been said time and time again, but haters do not take it in. He was worried about being extradited to the U.S, which we now know, he was right to be worried!

If you were in his shoes, you would have done exactly the same thing. Like i said, it's easy to sit in your comfy home and pretend to think how you would handled it.

I believe America will get him now!

posted on May, 1 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Before everyone starts whining on, read the sentencing statements...

Judiciary UK

Whilst you may have had fears as to what may happen toyou, nonetheless you had a choice, and the course of action you chose was to commit this offence in the manner and with the features I have already outlined. In addition, I reject the suggestion that yourvoluntary residence in the Embassyshould reduce any sentence.You were not living under prison conditions, and you could have left at any time to face due process with the rights and protections which the legal system in this country provides.

Personally, I am glad he is being treated just like any othet bail offender, rather then a special case celebrity. Plus, he'll be released half way through his sentence, so the full 50 weeks won't be run. That's also part of the judgement.

Special case celebrity? Setiously! Your hatred for the guy is making say stupid things like this? Dont worry, the mini Gods you loom up too will get their way, and chances are, he will be extradited to America to face these sociopaths you love so much!

Well done!

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

Actually I never had any interest to find out about wikileaks but did google search when he was pushed out of the Ecuadorian embassy. computer hacking and publishing classified docs will be considered a serious crime anywhere really

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris
Special case celebrity? Setiously! Your hatred for the guy is making say stupid things like this?

Er, you're the one with the hate narrative, chuck.

I neither slavishly love him, nor do I hate him. I was very content that he failed in his attempt to have his arrest warrant for skipping bail cancelled in February 2018 because he was a "special" case, and I am quite happy he has now been convicted of that offence, just like any other person who would have broken that law.

I am also happy that all court appearence by Assange, plus legal arguements and such are in the public domain. I can see that justice has been done AND seen to be done. To me that's the most important aspect to this.

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Special case celebrity? Setiously! Your hatred for the guy is making say stupid things like this?

I neither slavishly love him, nor do I hate him. I was very content that he failed in his attempt to have his arrest warrant for skipping bail cancelled in February 2018 because he was a "special" case, and I am quite happy he has now been convicted of that offence, just like any other person who would have broken that law.

I am also happy that all court appearence by Assange, plus legal arguements and such are in the public domain. I can see that justice has been done AND seen to be done. To me that's the most important aspect to this.

You keep on saying the same things! Let me ask you something. What "justice" did the sociopaths face that were involved in the invasion of Iraq and Libya, that led to the deaths of millions of innocent men, women and children? Why are people like you not shouting about that?

Why are you more concearned about a man, who tried to uncover the truth about government curruption , and other horrible things?

What does that tell you?

posted on May, 2 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   

I would also like to add that people like you were saying it was nonsense that the reason he skipped bail and went into the embassy, was because he feared being extradited to America. You all said that was rubbish.

Now the US has begun an extradition case against Assange. So you guys were wrong! So what do you do, you ignore that fact and now say he should be a man and face these charges!

Seriously! It annoys the hell out of me!

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32 >>

join