It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange arrested at the Ecuadorian embassy in London.

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Usually the WL tag is an indication that the content has been prewashed for distribution which was explained in Karls video.
The difference between T&C interpretation amongst the Mods varies.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Slichter

And people have wondered why no leakers of information ever post the stuff here.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: Slichter

And people have wondered why no leakers of information ever post the stuff here.

Because everybody know ATS is a honey pot

But try and see what happen when you do LOL

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Well then you see Government as the bad actor here.

I still see it as whistle blowing.

If you break the law to prove the government is breaking the law.... Why do only you get punished?

The US in particular has started making everything classified so they don't have to be transparent. Much of it is classified not for nation security but pride.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

If you break the law to prove the government is breaking the law.... Why do only you get punished?

The US in particular has started making everything classified so they don't have to be transparent. Much of it is classified not for nation security but pride...corruption.

There...fixed it for you!

edit on 4/13/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: uncommitted

Trump had to bide his time until the Mueller investigation was completed.

He still needs to be careful, or people will accuse him of colluding with WL. But - if Assange makes some kind of a deal with prosecutors to exchange information for a lighter sentence, and Trump stays out of it, then all is good.

Is that the Trump who exclaimed how much he loves Wikileaks in 2016?

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Isn't that what true journalism is? Compiling facts no matter the source?

So you are saying that if I break into a computer and steal information then just release it I'm now a journalist?

No.

Have you looked into the action he did they're trying to frame is him "assisting" in breaching a computer?

From my understanding, Manning had the access, and Assange tried to help Manning cover his tracks. That's a journalist protecting their source. That's no different than a journalist telling someone to use a secure drop box, an airgapped computer, ect.

As Manning stole the data, and JA knew it was stolen, isn't it more aiding and abetting?

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

No as moderator Eriktheawfull has just explained to me it’s linking directly to WL that is against the T&C’s and that is because this sites service provider won’t allow it.

The service provider itself was put under pressure for mirroring WL so I guess someone with a lot of clout doesn’t want this info out there. That’s my take on it anyway.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

So delete the thread instead of the post? It's more than a link causing issues.

As always the site can do what it does.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

Isn't that what true journalism is? Compiling facts no matter the source?

So you are saying that if I break into a computer and steal information then just release it I'm now a journalist?

No.

Have you looked into the action he did they're trying to frame is him "assisting" in breaching a computer?

From my understanding, Manning had the access, and Assange tried to help Manning cover his tracks. That's a journalist protecting their source. That's no different than a journalist telling someone to use a secure drop box, an airgapped computer, ect.

As Manning stole the data, and JA knew it was stolen, isn't it more aiding and abetting?

No, journalists know it's classified information all the time.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

The US in particular has started making everything classified so they don't have to be transparent. Much of it is classified not for nation security but pride...corruption.

There...fixed it for you!

And even when the corruption gets exposed.... Nothing happens to those doing the misdeeds.

The mainstream media uses government sources almost exclusively. The "news" is literally the narrative the government wants us to hear.

WikiLeaks comes along and exposes truths and somehow people rally around nailing the guys to the wall who tell us the truths.

And somehow we think we're going to fix our government (everyone's objective) without knowing what's wrong?

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

Now it appears its time to shoot the messenger, a fecal smearing, rapist, narcissist, whos crime before he went insane. Was reporting, the facts. But his real crime was showing that we are not living in a democracy, and the repercussions have yet to be evaluated.

Wasn't it Sweden with the sex accusations? The US has charged him with aiding Manney and not much more. If he aided him then he did wrong and should be charged, if he is just the "messenger" then there is no issue.

Do you feel information is free game to who ever can get it?

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: kloejen

I have followed this mess since day one. I also know Assange and his past long before Wikileaks. Snowden is a hero and Assange has his head in the clouds, somewhere else as well likely.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

Now it appears its time to shoot the messenger, a fecal smearing, rapist, narcissist, whos crime before he went insane. Was reporting, the facts. But his real crime was showing that we are not living in a democracy, and the repercussions have yet to be evaluated.

Everyone knew we were not living in a Democracy long, long before Assange lol. Assange never cared to see the big picture or the lives he destroyed. He just sat in his mommas basement and hacked everyone he could for fun, acting like he was a big shot when in reality he was a social reject and not good at anything else because of his hiding from society.

Name one nation on earth that hasn't been accused of war crimes that actually was big enough to be in a war!

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

WikiLeaks comes along and exposes truths and somehow people rally around nailing the guys to the wall who tell us the truths.

And somehow we think we're going to fix our government (everyone's objective) without knowing what's wrong?

What truths? Confidential Embassy communications, war logs and colleterial videos? What was exposed to prosecute? You do not see any reason to keep any of this confidential information from the public and other countries? lol

Once again if he helped to get access that Manning didn't have then that was wrong, do you agree with that part?

edit on 13-4-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

The US in particular has started making everything classified so they don't have to be transparent. Much of it is classified not for nation security but pride.

Did the Government break the law in this case?

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   

When I said trouble, that was vague. That could include people not getting elected, re-elected and pressure put on our elected officials in regards to their employees.

But let's be real, most of these whistle blowers are getting charged for embarrassing the government.

We know the government is classifying documents at a rate way higher than it used to. Some of this is not done for nation security, it's done so the government can operate behind a cloak.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Did the Government break the law in this case?

Nope, the hid behind it while abusing it.

I'm all for a lot of things need to be classified... But we have the right to know we're being spied on like snowden revealed... We have the right to know a lot of the things whistle blowers have released.

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

We have the right to know a lot of the things whistle blowers have released.

For me I don't see Assange as a whistleblower as Snowden was. Assange is not trying to bring forth a truth as much as he is looking for just dirt on anything , and as you say most is just embarrassment material, or awkward especially dealing with embassies classified communications.

edit on 13-4-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   

If he really did help Manning breach in an illigal manner, it it what it is.

It's his fault for being a dumbass and keeping traceable communication.

But this isn't just Assange, our government goes out of its way to prosecute people for informing the public of things that don't endanger anyone.

This is just my opinion. I'll be honest and say I don't like our government (most of the upper echelon, many state and localities do great work).

I love my country and don't want to go anywhere else. And I'll say society has brought this upon us with their apathy.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join