It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange arrested at the Ecuadorian embassy in London.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Well stated, sir!!!

Come on Donald, take down the deep state clowns who want Assange broken in the system, and give that journalist/ publisher his freedom.

"Inviting" foreign police into a sovereign nation's embassy is an affront to that nation.

Trump has been a strong, bold, and decisive President. More than that, he is a great man. I just hope he shows his base, this country and the World just how great of a man he is.

Julian Assange is not a hacking, he is not a leaker, he is a journalist. Today's journalists are not just confined to print media or fake-stream media and although I don't support 100% of Assange's releases, he has done more good than bad with WL

We have so many BS fake entertainment news "reporter hacks" today ruining our mass media, and when somebody like Assange (and a limited few other truth seekers/exposers) come along, they are near universally crucified

What I want to know is how this is any different than the Pentagon Papers? Sure, he's been accused of aiding "password breaking." But both Manning and Assange have denied this allegation, and given the CIA's ability to impersonate users and insert fake IPs (as shown by their hacking tool release) there is no credibility to their allegation based on what evidence we have seen. Even if its true, did this new password give Manning information he wouldn't have already had? Did it impact the release other than obscuring the source? IF it is true, these are important questions

He can be tough, brash and crude when he needs to be. A strong leader? That is Trump all over. But Come on Mr. President, show them the kind, thoughtful, generous and forgiving man we know you are.

edit on 4/11/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Ecuadorians received some good amount of funds. The only explanation for me.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ucanthandlethetruth

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: JBurns

I doubt Julian will get any help from the President , the man who loved wikileaks when they dropped the e-mails now knows nothing about them.

There's gratitude for you.

But keep in mind there’s been a lot of feints and disinformation from this president, a professed lover of the Art of War. It would make sense to me if he’s distancing himself from this and WikiLeaks so later IF Assange unearths more about the 2016 election fiasco, Trump has to seem like he’s thrown all of this to Barr and DOJ and has remained uninvolved.

Just throwing that conjecture out there.

You are right that Trump is good at his Art of War. I think (and hope) that you are right about the rest. Maybe Trump must remain disinterested so that Assange seems unimportant. Maybe this will keep Assange alive long enough to come to the US to testify about a few things.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

He's not going to because of Roger Stone

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

For the most part it looks like he may have coerced Manning to keep digging, I wonder about those payments between spies and journalists that's been mentioned lately. With all the leaks for perception that's gone on the last 3 years, it stands to reason it was a coordinated effort, even if not, one would have to assume these "journalists" sought out the leaks and continually asked for more.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   
THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE!

Truth: twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Funny how that works in our world.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I find it interesting Rudy Guiliani said on January 2, 2019 that Assange should not be charged and compared it to Pentagon Papers.
Link

What is interesting to consider is, did he know about this coming arrest? He said this:

Giuliani said, “It was not right to hack. People who did it should go to jail, but no press person or person disseminating that for the purpose of informing did anything wrong.”

Hmmm. Almost like he’s saying he knows a hack was involved, but he’s speaking to the other aspect of it - releasing classified leaked materials. As any journalist will and has done.

The Rudy Guiliani we know knew Trump from the early 80s, so their relationship goes back four decades. Trump is using him as his personal attorney and obviously has complete faith in him.

Trump is totally distancing himself from this because (my prediction):

1. This indictment is followed by another superseding indictment for who-knows-what.
2. Trump distances himself from the whole process acting as though it’s all an AG/ DOJ thing and he trusts them to do the work they need to do.
3. The three known ongoing investigations which have spun off from Mueller will offer him immunity to testify to the truth of where leaks came from. He will take it and avoid any more jail time and his truth will uncover why he took an interest in Seth Rich’s murder, why WikiLeaks offered a reward, etc.
4. Bad people get railroaded.
5. JA is free by hopefully this year, maybe 2020.

Thoughts? I’ll admit it’s all conspiracy theory, but that’s what we do here.

edit on 11-4-2019 by ucanthandlethetruth because: Added link excerpt and another note

edit on 11-4-2019 by ucanthandlethetruth because: Fixed bad code

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Hopefully more people will see the light. If you think back to all the so-called "Ultra Top Secret Sensitive" U.S. information that's been hacked, stolen, sold by various individuals in recent years, America should be defenseless and weakened by now. But it didn't seem to hurt the USA at all, did it?

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoubleDNH

originally posted by: Zimnydran
The question is...... what will YOU do..... not what will Julian do, not what will Wikileaks do.

Will you sit on forums saying how you support Mr.Assange and talk about injustice ..... in other words sit on your butt and do nothing.. Or will you mobilize and show up on the steps of Washington in such large numbers that being ignored is not an option.

The ball is in our court now, we have spent years saying we believe in him, that we support him and that the thing he deserves most.... is freedom.

Sadly I think that what we will do is say.... I would go protest but I gotta work that day...... Cause that is what we do, we tell each other how angry we are about things..... free speech and the likes...... but unlike the liberals..... we just cant be bothered missing work to go make our voices heard

I’ll crack open a good beer and hope he rots in prison for a long time. Throw away the key.

What will they charge him with?

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

n the UK - he faces various charges related to his breach of bail conditions - none of which attract lengthy custodial sentences - but he potentially faces several months " at her magesties pleasure "

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Cosmocow
posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 09:21 a reply to: Malak777

WAS HE HOLDING A PICTURE OF BERNIE SANDERS WHEN THEY CARRIED HIM OUT??

No, it was a book;
Creating the National Security State: A History of the Law That Transformed America
Book by Douglas T. Stuart
G Books

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: kloejen
Just from US DOJ:

WikiLeaks Founder Charged in Computer Hacking Conspiracy

The indictment alleges that in March 2010, Assange engaged in a conspiracy with Chelsea Manning, a former intelligence analyst in the U.S. Army, to assist Manning in cracking a password stored on U.S. Department of Defense computers connected to the Secret Internet Protocol Network (SIPRNet), a U.S. government network used for classified documents and communications. Manning, who had access to the computers in connection with her duties as an intelligence analyst, was using the computers to download classified records to transmit to WikiLeaks. Cracking the password would have allowed Manning to log on to the computers under a username that did not belong to her. Such a deceptive measure would have made it more difficult for investigators to determine the source of the illegal disclosures.

During the conspiracy, Manning and Assange engaged in real-time discussions regarding Manning’s transmission of classified records to Assange. The discussions also reflect Assange actively encouraging Manning to provide more information. During an exchange, Manning told Assange that “after this upload, that’s all I really have got left.” To which Assange replied, “curious eyes never run dry in my experience.”

Assange is charged with conspiracy to commit computer intrusion and is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. If convicted, he faces a maximum penalty of five years in prison. Actual sentences for federal crimes are typically less than the maximum penalties. A federal district court judge will determine any sentence after taking into account the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines and other statutory factors.

Full text here: source

pff US DOJ... shameless and pathetic. Assange and Manning exposed your war crimes, so logically your wrong doings are whose fault?

So, someone in the US thinks that they can charge a non-citizen, for doing something in another country, that isn't particularly unlawful even if he were a citizen and in country and for which they don't have hard evidence (only hearsay).

Who is breaking the law?

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Hopefully more people will see the light. If you think back to all the so-called "Ultra Top Secret Sensitive" U.S. information that's been hacked, stolen, sold by various individuals in recent years, America should be defenseless and weakened by now. But it didn't seem to hurt the USA at all, did it?

Doesn't seem to make any Earth shattering changes. A lot of the info was suspected of existing anyway. The bad situations probably revolve around stuff were don't hear about. We know the government doesn't trust it's citizens to know what it is really doing.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: dubiousatworst
Here are the charges being brought on Assange in the US

www.justice.gov...

The indictment alleges that in March 2010, Assange engaged in a conspiracy with Chelsea Manning, a former intelligence analyst in the U.S. Army, to assist Manning in cracking a password stored on U.S. Department of Defense computers connected to the Secret Internet Protocol Network (SIPRNet), a U.S. government network used for classified documents and communications. Manning, who had access to the computers in connection with her duties as an intelligence analyst, was using the computers to download classified records to transmit to WikiLeaks. Cracking the password would have allowed Manning to log on to the computers under a username that did not belong to her. Such a deceptive measure would have made it more difficult for investigators to determine the source of the illegal disclosures.

During the conspiracy, Manning and Assange engaged in real-time discussions regarding Manning’s transmission of classified records to Assange. The discussions also reflect Assange actively encouraging Manning to provide more information. During an exchange, Manning told Assange that “after this upload, that’s all I really have got left.” To which Assange replied, “curious eyes never run dry in my experience.”

Assange is charged with conspiracy to commit computer intrusion and is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. If convicted, he faces a maximum penalty of five years in prison. Actual sentences for federal crimes are typically less than the maximum penalties. A federal district court judge will determine any sentence after taking into account the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines and other statutory factors.

... and how would Assange have known how to crack a password on a US military computer system?

The combined compute power of the NSA can't even do that.

Remember the issue of the authorities not being able to unlock an iPhone recently?

Military encryption is harder than consumer encryption.

This is total nonsense.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ansuzrune
a reply to: gortex
Do not know what to believe. On Patriot XM radio I think a guy by the last name of Koslowski said that it has been reported that Assange has been working independently against the US by providing information to our enemies. Now in summary this Koslowski said that it could have cost American lives in the CIA and troops on the ground. He connected this with Chelsa Manning.

PLEASE DO NOT ATTACK ME!! I am just reporting what I heard on XM Patriot radio as I was driving into work. It has left me not knowing what to believe. What say you all>

And Trump's tweeted photo of Navy Seals on assignment would not have risked their lives?

As far as I know, Wikileaks has been careful not to leak that type of information and has only revealed the details of people who have covered up corruption and illegal acts.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
Throw the book at him. I have no sympathy for people who illegally leak classified information. He's not a "whistleblower." Whistleblowers expose wrongdoing. He indiscriminately leaked anything he could get his hands on, including information that put people's lives at risk. That's not protected by whistleblower laws. # this scumbag.

Assange isn't a whistleblower. He is a news publisher.

He also has attempted to NOT risk peoples lives, while still exposing the criminals.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I am just so impressed at how the Australian govt has got behind this Walkely award winning Australian journalist and is doing all it can to stop an extradition to a country that is nothing more than butt hurt and vindictive ... that this citizen has not even visited in the execution of their complaint.

Team USA .... yeah !

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: face23785

He's not a "whistleblower." Whistleblowers expose wrongdoing.

Wikileaks is a conduit for whistle blowers and they did facilitate the release of information that showed wrongdoing by both the US and UK , the Pentagon Apache gunship footage being the most graphic of the evidence of wrongdoing.

Dirty little secrets exposed.

Whether that's legitimate whistleblowing is debatable. Even if I concede it was, though, that's not all they leaked. They've leaked information that was legitimately classified. Indiscriminate leaking of classified material is not protected. He needs to face the consequences.

Then so should Trump.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: face23785

Indiscriminate leaking of classified material is not protected. He needs to face the consequences.

He's not a US citizen and wasn't on US soil.... So how does our laws apply to that?

Seriously? I guess we can throw out the charges against those Russians Mueller filed then. Not US citizens, weren't on US soil when they committed the alleged crimes.

That's not how the law works bro.

That is exactly how it works.

That is the meaning of 'jurisdiction'.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join