It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists find way to DRASTICALLY reduce autism symptoms

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

There is plenty of evidence that shows that a child has a limited immune system until a certain age, they give them many vaccines before that point which can cause complications with microbes not vaccinated for.

Good point !

They only see what they believe is real and money rolling in is real.

that's why listening to 'them' is just a waste of time..

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DavidDuchovny
Hahahahahahahahaha what? What the hell is this utter nonsense? You know that there are no such thing as "symptoms" of autism right? There are just traits that autistic people have that denote them as autistic?

I'm really sick of moronic people who don't actually suffer from anything on the autism spectrum thinking it's something that needs to be "cured". It's just the way we are. And this "fecal transplant" garbage is some of the most ridiculous nonsense I've ever heard in my entire life.

there is autism and there is haywire autism (from experience). 11 years later, several hundred pages of reports and official submissions, countless absences for school, overnight tag-team nursing, I could go on.

where are you on the spectrum?

did your parents/guardians nurture you appropriately and did you thank them for a stable environment??

the idea this can be 'cured' is questionable, however behaviour can be vastly improved and it makes a world of difference for
those responsible for bringing an autistic child up. so many factors to consider.

faecal transplants have saved people for succumbing to C.Diff, my grandmother died from it so too late for her at the time but if it helps others and there is no other options left, i'd go for it to replenish the gut biome before the body is overwhelmed with infection or a cytokine storm.

go easy dude, I've met many aut angry and now maybe another.
f.

(post by Cldxsolutions removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
I am almost not surprised. I bet a whole list of things can be manipulated when messing with bacteria, since we are made up of so much of it.

The problem is too many chemical "fixes" for profit.

How do you chemically balance organic processes?

Try putting a dollar value on poop.

Good news!!!

Can you donate your poop for money?

It's different than donating blood: stool donors go through at least two rounds of rigorous screens that involve blood and stool tests. They must drop off donations several days a week for at least 60 days. As compensation for this commitment, donors receive $40 per stool donation.

BECOME A DONOR

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

I was gonna say the exact same thing, maybe its a colloquial saying? Anyway, star for you

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Well, if this is true, and there is an overload of bad bactria in the gut, then vaccines given too often can be steering the immune system to fight certain disease risk and make the immune system unable to fight these bacteria that are making the toxins. This could be the link between autism being more evident in kids these days. Our immune systems have limitations, especially when kids are young, the mothers milk provides some special chemicals and microbes to give the kids immunity.

It would be a secondary process, not a direct link of vaccines to autism. We do not have unlimited immune chemistry and wasting our immune system on a disease we might not get is not good sometimes. There is plenty of evidence that shows that a child has a limited immune system until a certain age, they give them many vaccines before that point which can cause complications with microbes not vaccinated for.

This is just a theory, one they should investigate....wait, they have investigated what I am talking about but the Pharma companies, the CDC, and the FDA ignore that research and call it anti-vaxer delusion. They only see what they believe is real and money rolling in is real.

Bollocks.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Personally I'll stick to live cultured yoghurt. I've no doubt this works as the fundamentals make sense but this kind of feels like a bridge too far.
I'd be interested to read more but the problem is I'm too afraid to google it!

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
a reply to: trollz

I wonder if this would work for older people who are autistic. I have a nephew who is pretty severe, and would love to believe there is hope he could improve!

As somebody who is very likely an undiagnosed adult with autism, and has had a very difficult time trying to cobble together some semblance of an ordinary life, I think it might be a day late and a dollar short, if it works at all. Even if it completely eliminated my symptoms, my life is still however I wrecked it, and it won't be changed.

Who wants an ordinary life? What is that? There doesn't seem to be any normal anymore.
Perhaps that idea could be examined, to see if it abides with all of the various flavors of folks?

Nobody is a better you, than you are.
Why even consider being something else?
Like muchly, many of your comments here, but not all.
You have insight, that others can relate to, on occasion.

Let others be them, and just be you.
Nobody is liked by everyone, not even Hollywood sluts.
The universe, god, or whatever, has brought you, as you are, into this whatever existence.
Own it! And please continue being you, and somehow find joy in no longer resisting your true essence.
Just be!

Peace and blessings.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin
Who wants an ordinary life? What is that? There doesn't seem to be any normal anymore.
Perhaps that idea could be examined, to see if it abides with all of the various flavors of folks?

Of course there's no "normal," but there are certain standard, ordinary things you can do or acquire that make it a little easier to live in this life. I can think of a number of times when having the ability to make eye contact and understand emotional cues in people would have been very helpful in doing things like having a relationship or maintaining a job. It might have helped me not be depressed for years and years at a time. Maybe by this time I'd have more than two friends.

Yeah, there's no such thing as an objective look at your life, but I can still observe and compare, and maybe I'm wrong but there seem to be a whole lot more people who don't have what I have who are doing much better than I am. "Could be worse," sure, but let's not point to the heroin addict dying on the street and say, "Look how great your life is! You're not as bad as that guy!" No, I'm not dying on the street. Yet. Whoopie.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Nothin

Of course there's no "normal," but there are certain standard, ordinary things you can do or acquire that make it a little easier to live in this life. I can think of a number of times when having the ability to make eye contact and understand emotional cues in people would have been very helpful in doing things like having a relationship or maintaining a job. It might have helped me not be depressed for years and years at a time. Maybe by this time I'd have more than two friends.

Yeah, there's no such thing as an objective look at your life, but I can still observe and compare, and maybe I'm wrong but there seem to be a whole lot more people who don't have what I have who are doing much better than I am. "Could be worse," sure, but let's not point to the heroin addict dying on the street and say, "Look how great your life is! You're not as bad as that guy!" No, I'm not dying on the street. Yet. Whoopie.

No normal, no standard, no easy.
No eye-contact: same for one that is blind.
Perhaps some can make eye-contact: yet not see?
Perhaps some can make eye-contact: and see deeper than others?

Those are others: not you.
Understood that eye-contact is difficult, or neigh impossible: ok.
That's just the way it is for you.
Just accept it, please, the way anything and everything could be accepted.
It just is.

Why do we resist our essence?
What is 'doing better'? Better what?
Nobody is a better you: than you.
Whatever the heck that is.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
As someone with the Autism label I don't need who I am cured thanks.

Wonder if we can cure NT's of being NT?

Would that be acceptable?

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Oops.
edit on 12-4-2019 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

originally posted by: rickymouse
Well, if this is true, and there is an overload of bad bactria in the gut, then vaccines given too often can be steering the immune system to fight certain disease risk and make the immune system unable to fight these bacteria that are making the toxins. This could be the link between autism being more evident in kids these days. Our immune systems have limitations, especially when kids are young, the mothers milk provides some special chemicals and microbes to give the kids immunity.

It would be a secondary process, not a direct link of vaccines to autism. We do not have unlimited immune chemistry and wasting our immune system on a disease we might not get is not good sometimes. There is plenty of evidence that shows that a child has a limited immune system until a certain age, they give them many vaccines before that point which can cause complications with microbes not vaccinated for.

This is just a theory, one they should investigate....wait, they have investigated what I am talking about but the Pharma companies, the CDC, and the FDA ignore that research and call it anti-vaxer delusion. They only see what they believe is real and money rolling in is real.

Bollocks.

I agree with that brief, albeit to the point statement of the other quoted poster.

I'm a little wary of the way they've quantified a subjective relief of symptoms as a percentage especially when there's been two years following cessation of the "treatment" and when 2/3rds of the cohort changed their diet and/or meds during that 2 years. It's also a very small sample size of 18. And it's un-blinded and not controlled...
I'm not over-keen on the use of "Autism Symptoms" in the study title either. It's obviously been designed to attention grab, which it clearly has.
Seems to me that there's too many confounding factors in this study (especially the initial bowel prep!) and whilst it may pave the way for subsequent more stringent and better designed studies, this one, I'm afraid can be put into the file "Must Do Better".

top topics

<< 1   >>

join