It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I'm losing faith in the news of misleading people of their nation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   
living out of my mother country I was born in gives me the idea that I'm "international". With that in mind I'm more aware of the international news on a "worldwide" view. What I have noticed is that all major news outlet put out the same news world wide. Much of it just comes down to sensualizing the news with no substance of actual reporting of what really is the bottom line of "does it really now matter" what the reader/listener wants or should it just be a load of wasted words.
As I watch the new (world news) I got to say, something is not right. I just don't hear/see positive and healthy news being reported on mainstream media.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Your losing faith just now? lol I have lost faith in the media many years ago.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I stopped about 10 years ago.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Remember, other countries spread propaganda to their citizens which makes a country who does not agree with them look bad, they will target a political party if it does not bow down or respect their governments best interests. So, fake news is not just the spawn of our nations news agencies, it happens all over the world. Propaganda is usually for the good of a country though, Dividing the country's citizens along political lines is not good for the people. Spreading lies to promote liberalism is not good, spreading lies to promote conservatism is also not good. It is just that the Liberals are twisting stuff way more now than ever, they are not thinking their actions through good enough...hence the name liberal progressives.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Gosh, I thought I was the only one really affected by the reality of the new world order of news is just one major outlet spreading its views worldwide.
Really, the same freak'n big news is in every print pushing the sensualization of words that don't mean jack #te to the awaken listener.
I think people are becoming too confuse these days.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

This has been evident for decades now.

News isn't what it used to be, or should be.

It has become one of two things, entertainment, or social/political agenda.

Just presenting facts, without commentary, or opinion, is, unfortunately, a thing of the past.

There have been a few "upstart" news organizations, that have tried to "play it straight", but it is not a successful business model.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

News isn't news. News is just a media platform to hang advertising on. Is that the fault of the media or the commercialized
culture/societies we live in.

It's capitalism/business that permeates all western human activity.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

It's the fault of the people really since they only give us what we want.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

You're just NOW realizing this?? Better late than never. Nothing the news reports on is fully truthful or fully accurate, all of it is, at the least, intentionally misleading.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Nothing delights a news director more than being able to preface a report with this: "The following story may be upsetting to sensitive persons, and if you have small children in the room..."

This makes most people *really* pay attention to what comes next.

It is sad that the vast majority of people want to hear about violence in the news and see mayhem in traffic accidents. Rubbernecking--whether actual or virtual--is a human trait that subconsciously reinforces the notion that one can cheat death by observing it occurring to others.

I killed my TV more than 10 years ago.

I do not miss it at all.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Yup news is really bad and journalism is on the low. There are some exceptions. VICE news is good, but they are sometimes lacking in explaining the indepth history that is affecting the region.

Just dont give attention to the biggest corporate news like FOX , CNN, MSNBC, and the BBC. They occasionally lgood reporting but never ever count on these types of big news for truth.

edit on 10-4-2019 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Don't lose faith. Remember what the news tells you, China is slavery. Russia is always bad. EU is ripping us off! Oh ya North Korea always has Nuclear missiles. Nothing wrong with opening US military bases everywhere because Russians are everywhere!
edit on 10-4-2019 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Tune into 5-eyes at 5 to learn what to think.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I am assuming you are currently living outside the US?

The situation you describe is precisely the same thing. I was listening to a radio commentator complain that when a person in the US wakes up, they can tune into CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC and CBS news and all outlets will be reporting precisely the same thing. They even present events in the same order. And they less "report" what's happening than they introduce a "topic" based on some happening and then present an hour or more commentary about how the "event" points up that Trump is evil.

The result? My guess is that the only people watching the cable news channels live on the coasts. The people in the rest of the US are abandonning cable, "cutting the cord" and going strictly digital. We have done that, and yea, we can still get CNN live and CBS news, but..................why bother? Once I know the chosen 5 topics of the day, I could write their scripts for them.

Where I live, I've talked recently to friends and neighbors and learned something. They don't watch the news on the Tele at all; they use their phones. They don't read newspapers, except the local, "who died last week" newspaper, all 8 pages. So.......nobody except die hard Marxist Progressives are much watching the news.

The BBC is an example of what I think is happening in the US and around the world. Check in on the BBC and you'll see they have maybe 5 stores that are actually "news" and the rest are puff pieces that read more like Public Service Announcements.

There is no news. The news cycle is entirely broken.

How odd to think; back in the 1880's it took 24/48 hours for people to learn who had one a Presidential election. Today, Russia could invade Canada and people in the US wouldn't know about it for probably 24/48 hours.........because most aren't watching the news.............because there's no news.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

You kinda missed the big point. "Trump is Evil, Orange Man BAd"

That never gets old!

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: makemap

You kinda missed the big point. "Trump is Evil, Orange Man BAd"

That never gets old!

That especially started with the election trying to get Hilary to win. Hilary suited their agenda to start war with NK.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   
No news is good news!!

So what's the problem?

People still think the product that should be news, is really something distilled by demographics and sourced out.
Then people choose the source that fits into their narrow framework of opinion, things they agree with.
After that, they get online and argue about the stuff they learned from that source!

Some countries offer more "news" flavors than others.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

I am assuming you are currently living outside the US?

The situation you describe is precisely the same thing. I was listening to a radio commentator complain that when a person in the US wakes up, they can tune into CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC and CBS news and all outlets will be reporting precisely the same thing. They even present events in the same order. And they less "report" what's happening than they introduce a "topic" based on some happening and then present an hour or more commentary about how the "event" points up that Trump is evil.

The result? My guess is that the only people watching the cable news channels live on the coasts. The people in the rest of the US are abandonning cable, "cutting the cord" and going strictly digital. We have done that, and yea, we can still get CNN live and CBS news, but..................why bother? Once I know the chosen 5 topics of the day, I could write their scripts for them.

Where I live, I've talked recently to friends and neighbors and learned something. They don't watch the news on the Tele at all; they use their phones. They don't read newspapers, except the local, "who died last week" newspaper, all 8 pages. So.......nobody except die hard Marxist Progressives are much watching the news.

The BBC is an example of what I think is happening in the US and around the world. Check in on the BBC and you'll see they have maybe 5 stores that are actually "news" and the rest are puff pieces that read more like Public Service Announcements.

There is no news. The news cycle is entirely broken.

How odd to think; back in the 1880's it took 24/48 hours for people to learn who had one a Presidential election. Today, Russia could invade Canada and people in the US wouldn't know about it for probably 24/48 hours.........because most aren't watching the news.............because there's no news.

Yes, for nearly 30 years. And so much has changed in peoples attitude toward one another.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 03:40 AM
link   

I am also "internationalist"

At the beginning of the Bosnia war, look how they fueled up the hate between Croats and Serbs:

www.youtube.com...

They did not even change the text.

I do not have TV at home and "they" can see that many people are realizing that the news are BS and are getting more active on the Internet, so now they aim their "preaching the Truth" at it.
That is why now "the big ones" talk that the "fake news" should be handled properly.
There is one example of what I am saying:

www.youtube.com...

Bill says : "You have a small groups, like the Neo-Nazi group that stays outside the mainstream."
If you read between the lines,here is what he says:
Small group that stays outside the mainstream - BAD
Mainstream media approved sites- GOOD
And if there is one neo Nazi group then turn off their activity on the web, why is he pushing the Mainstream in it ?

He continues by saying: "fragmentation challenges " - so we should not have individual opinion and question things, we should hear from one source only.
This is a beginning of digitized dictatorship.

So read them books before they burned them

new topics

top topics

join