It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Captain Marvel Faces Boycott Backlash Over Brie Larson’s ‘Man-Hating’

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I've been seeing a lot of this rhetoric revolving around Larson, and I don't personally like where she's pushing it. I don't often see Men complain about things like this but this Woman is a ticking time bomb and she's completely been razzling people with her push for white hatred. Atleast that's how I perceive it as.

When one method doesn't work at dividing the races, try another, seems to be the theme of the Leftologists.

We Are Sick and Tired of SJW Politics’ Posobiec told CCN that Larson’s anti-male rhetoric and Marvel Studio’s injection of leftist politics into the action film is insulting and unwarranted. He underscored that movie fans go to the theater to be entertained — not to be indoctrinated and brainwashed with left-wing propaganda. Posobiec, who has an infant son, says he launched the Captain Marvel boycott because it’s time to “stop giving money to people who hate us.”

The former U.S. Navy intelligence officer says Hollywood — which is overwhelmingly left-wing — needs to stop inserting divisive SJW (Social Justice Warrior) polemic into movies and TV shows. Otherwise, consumers like him will vote with their feet by boycotting their movies, TV shows, and the corporate advertisers that sponsor them. This Friday March 8 Send a message to SJW Hollywood Take the #AlitaChallenge pic.twitter.com/rY9zIvxADp — Author Jack Posobiec 🇺🇸 (@JackPosobiec) March 4, 2019

And quite frankly, I'm sick of it too. You would have to be a massive # merry ding dong not to see what's being pushed with this, and slide it aside as being unimportant. Political Theatrical Correctness is killing the American Dream.

Why Are We Giving Money to People Who Hate Us? Jack Posobiec says enough is enough. He’s tired of having politics injected into everything — regardless of whether the viewpoint being pushed is liberal or conservative.

Brie: ‘I Don’t Care What a White Man Has to Say’ The backlash against Brie Larson started building last summer after the actress said she doesn’t care about the opinions of white male film reviewers. Instead, she cares about the opinions of minority women. In a June 2018 speech at the Crystal + Lucy Awards, Larson urged the film industry to promote women of color and marginalize white men, whom she says have dominated the industry for far too long.

Comments

Steve Fraser 5 points 7d Most of the comic book characters were created by white males. Captain Marvel, Captain America, Captain Crunch, Captain of Captain and Tennille, Captain Bligh, Captain Kangaroo.... all white males. Tell the man-hater Captain Marvel whatever her name is that she owes her paycheck to the imagination of a white male that created the character and a curt nod to the soy boys that thought it would be neeto to cast a woman in that role.

edit on 10-4-2019 by Artemis12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Artemis12

Well, thanks for that. I won't bother seeing the movie now.

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 03:32 AM
link   

news.yahoo.com...

Samantha Chang ,CCN•March 8, 2019

‘We Are Sick and Tired of SJW Politics’ Posobiec told CCN that Larson’s anti-male rhetoric and Marvel Studio’s injection of leftist politics into the action film is insulting and unwarranted. He underscored that movie fans go to the theater to be entertained — not to be indoctrinated and brainwashed with left-wing propaganda.

Old news??

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Define 'old news'? Don't you think it's as important now as it was a year ago when people began to notice this #?

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 03:43 AM
link   

My stepson told me the movie sucks and he's not white. I thought she was hot but comparing the movie preview and internet photos, I can tell they used a lot of make up and video editing tricks. Now she opened her mouth and showed she got no brain neither.

I won't pay for that movie and watch another Marvel superhero ruined. I already boycotted it.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I come from a family with a few Men, white in fact and i'm totally sick hearing about how much these lunatic women hate white men, and never question anything they're told. It's like living in the twilight zone with no escape exit.

I'm glad people are waking up to it, there's got to be balance within society, and when people like this are exhaulted, you know society has hit a wall.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Artemis12

I come from a family with a few Men, white in fact and i'm totally sick hearing about how much these lunatic women hate white men, and never question anything they're told. It's like living in the twilight zone with no escape exit.

I'm glad people are waking up to it, there's got to be balance within society, and when people like this are exhaulted, you know society has hit a wall.

Tragedy is, Captain Marvel actor can now say publicly whatever she wants. Ruins it for Marvel fans like me. Why not accept the role and support it without bias. What is it with these actors that take on these roles then let their head explode without thinking of the original fan base.

Anyway, farewell Steve Rogers. (Stereotype now).

Kind regards,

bally
edit on 10-4-2019 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

originally posted by: Artemis12

Tragedy is, Captain Marvel actor can now say publicly whatever she wants. Ruins it for Marvel fans like me. Why not accept the role and support it without bias. What is it with these actors that take on these roles then let their head explode without thinking of the original fan base.

Anyway, farewell Steve Rogers. (Stereotype now).

Kind regards,

bally

I couldn't agree with you more. Brie Larsen reminds me of fast growing mold with teeth. If I had the option of being a super hero going against her, I would so enjoy decimating her with the best weapon i'd possess. An open mind, and a clear conscience, and some old fashioned common sense, and possibly another superhero to back me up like.. Aqua Man. Then I could walk away with a smile on my face.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I think people just like to be outraged, especially on the internet.

I saw it, it was fine. Nothing spectacular, but it was a fun Marvel movie.

I didn't notice any extremely overt SJWness. I think it was mostly Larson's comments in whatever interview that was that triggered people. But I don't watch movies based on stupid people's stupid opinions.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

I didn't notice any extremely overt SJWness. I think it was mostly Larson's comments in whatever interview that was that triggered people. But I don't watch movies based on stupid people's stupid opinions.

Well I did notice SJWNESS. If you disagree fine. But what about the people that disagree? You can't shove their opinions aside anymore whether your SJW or not, not everyone is gonna agree with your belief system that White Men should just shut up when they're pushed into a corner. That's just Ignorant.

If you are ok with Brie Larsen dissing the White Race, then you should be A-OK with everyone else that disagrees with you, right? That's the SJW way isn't it? Equality for all?
edit on 10-4-2019 by Artemis12 because: not

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

news.yahoo.com...

Samantha Chang ,CCN•March 8, 2019

‘We Are Sick and Tired of SJW Politics’ Posobiec told CCN that Larson’s anti-male rhetoric and Marvel Studio’s injection of leftist politics into the action film is insulting and unwarranted. He underscored that movie fans go to the theater to be entertained — not to be indoctrinated and brainwashed with left-wing propaganda.

Old news??

maybe quit having an attention span a minute long, and really look into where this is headed... (smh) jeez, some people...

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 04:38 AM
link   

so people, and opinions are stupid now? so that means you get lumped into that category as well, right? being stupid, with a stupid opinion???

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 05:50 AM
link   

You're making a lot of assumptions, and making yourself look like an ass.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 06:00 AM
link   

You're making a lot of assumptions, and making yourself look like an ass.

Maybe if you didn't act like an ass... I wouldn't have to treat you like one, would I.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   
It's not old news.

There's not a show or movie that doesn't have identity politics packaged in to it.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   
The captain marvel movie recently passed $1B in international profits. That's a lot of money for film no one likes or supports.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Easy peeps. No need to get mean.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Everyone is NOT entitled to cram their opinion down other peoples throats. I'm actually glad someone is speaking out against Hollywood, and the way they push agenda's at everyday people.

While I respect her having her own opinion, it creates my opinion that she is an idiot that should be avoided.

And that should be ok, right?

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I honestly wish it was OK, but it's been ongoing for a while now, and the Men protesting it seem to be at their limit for allowing it.

I can see it myself, these people either work for George asshole Soros or some other faction we hate. To push it aside as an opinion by some self made movie star millionaire, would be tedious and uneventful.

I no longer trust those who run Hollywood, or Media who think we should just 'trust them' because they're zillionaires and super popular amongst idiots.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Totally agree.
I went in, almost expecting some hyper-feminist undertones and there really weren't any.

I don't even like super hero movies very much and I thought is was a pretty fun movie.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

I'm sorry you missed the pussification.

Hugs.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join