It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu wins - per Israeli media

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I think I've indicated I wasn't a fan even if it was lobbyism.

So for the sake of argument we'll say he sent a staffer (again, I truly wouldn't be surprised).

Is Trump vindicated for (allegedl) doing this for righting the US sly against Bibi before via Obama?

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Looking into the region ... which of the two would I rather retain as an ally?

Thoroughly modern Israel or 3rd world status Iran who begins their day chanting death to America? And don't game yourself into thinking that changes if we turn our backs on Israel, either. We can make alliances with countries like Israel and Jordan and similar countries in the region.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I didn't ask about us keeping Israel as a friend. They're a friend, we helped make them happen.... We're very close, that's fine. You can be close with an ally with an acceptable or expected level of meddling in each other's internal affairs.

Let me rephrase the question.

Is it respectful for us to play games to favor either side in their elections if we think so highly of them?

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Tied, with 95% reporting.

www.theguardian.com...

Is Israel a simple majority to win, like most Democrats want here in America?
edit on 4/9/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I suppose it depends on what you consider games and what you consider the business of running the government.

In this case, would Netanyahu have asked Trump to make the move regardless of the election? Or was it made only because of the election, and, not knowing Israeli internals, how likely was it to be an advantageous move election-wise as opposed to simply a prudent move? Because technically many things that work out to the advantage of the country could be cynically called an election-advantaging move if the incumbent makes them during an election cycle.
edit on 10-4-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Commiserations to Israel and sadness for the poor downtrodden Palestinians , Bibi lives to fight another day and spread his racist bile and hatred across the region ... so sad.

Looking forward to the trial of the sitting PM of Israel.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Frankly it makes no difference to me who the people of Israel elect.

That said I think it was obvious with the timing what the motive was. But I don't think it's our place to influence elections, much less those of allies. It's condescending for us to say we know what's best for someone else's house.

Bibi did seem to brag he was able to get Trump to do this at the drop of a dime a day before the election, showcasing his pull.

I particularly don't like my government making power plays to influence elections, no matter who the player.... But it appears that's just me.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   
How weird ... he won, but he's in election campaign again ! I guess that could be the reason for eager idiotic attacks on Syria. This explains why no piece of land can be handed-over to any western state which collaborates with NATO !

Of course it's not just about the Middle East ...

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Netanyahu is not a prime minster, he is a crime minster. he does not believe in two state solution and promise to annex the west bank tho Israel disregarding how many people may die doing this.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

there is a fake land, called Israel which its Crime Minster BIBI, wins the election with the promise of killing more people and stealing the land of another country.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: MichaelAdams

The two state solution was always a gift designed to appease violent terrorists. You don't negotiate with terrorists. Pals have shown time and time again they aren't interested in peace, so Netanyahu (like Trump) being a realist decided it was time to stop talking and start acting

It isn't a "fake land" - by what right do you declare it such?

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   
As Musk would say,

you can tell it's real,

cause... honestly.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

yes bro, you are right. unfortunately US supporting Israel plays a key role in genocides Crime Minster Netanyahu does

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join