It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu wins - per Israeli media

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   
All the Israeli TV stations are declaring Netanyahu and his Likud party the winner of Israel's election. Looks like more strong leadership for Israel that is friendly to the United States and our interests abroad. Working to together, we can continue fighting terrorist groups like Islamic State that hold no territory but still indoctrinate others to commit lone wolf attacks in the name of their zealotry.

Congrats to Netanyahu and to Israel

twitter.com...

Some media sources in the US are saying the election is too close to call

www.haaretz.com...

This source has it listed as contested, although Likud has a significant lead
edit on 4/9/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
All the Israeli TV stations are declaring Netanyahu and his Likud party the winner of Israel's election. Looks like more strong leadership for Israel that is friendly to the United States and our interests abroad. Working to together, we can continue fighting terrorist groups like Islamic State that hold no territory but still indoctrinate others to commit lone wolf attacks in the name of their zealotry.

Congrats to Netanyahu and to Israel

twitter.com...

Some media sources in the US are saying the election is too close to call

www.haaretz.com...

This source has it listed as contested, although Likud has a significant lead

Racism, corruption and warmongering politics wins through again, although unless you have some secret hotline to those counting the votes, your congats may be slightly premature, hopefully

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

No secret hotline, just watching various Israeli media outlets

I find them far more reliable and informative than US entertainment-media AKA what passes for "news" around these parts

It is hardly a surprise that a 2 month old opposition group lost. Nevertheless, this will ensure our strategic partnership remains in-tact and keep Israel as our closet military ally. They have shown interest and ability to advance our interests globally. We have shown capability and intent to stand shoulder to shoulder with them

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I find them far more reliable and informative than US entertainment-media AKA what passes for "news" around these parts

I imagine that wouldn't be difficult.

Nevertheless, this will ensure our strategic partnership remains in-tact and keep Israel as our closet military ally.

They scrounge billions in military aid, control through fear, conduct military strikes whenever and wherever they feel across the Middle East, sounds about right

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   
The white phosphorous attacks on orphanages, schools and mosques will continue at the hands of Netanyahu's butchers I guess.

yay....

Says a lot about a country that elect this monster to office.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I don't wish to get into an argument with you about Israel.

That being said, they conduct military operations and in self-defense and strike Iran with impunity because Iran's terror-forces (officially designated, yes) aren't a peer level adversary to US or Israel. Yes, when you threaten to wipe a country off the map you should expect them to do any and everything required to ensure you don't get advanced military or economic capabilities

Iran and the terror groups they sponsor (Hamas, Hezbollah, IRGC) chant "Death to America" "Death to Israel" we have every right to defend ourselves and so does Israel. Their strikes on Iranian nuclear facilities are 100% justified as well. No way these zealots can get a hold of The Bomb.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Sounds like Iranian propaganda to me

Any collateral damage is the result of bloodthirsty terrorists using these locations as shields. The standard response to a missile or mortar attack is to counter attack the origin of fire to take out the launching equipment/people behind the launches. These cowards know full well this response is default and will without a question happen when they commit their acts of terrorism against Israel. By hiding in the types of places you listed above, they are sacrificing these people for the sick kind of propaganda you just wrote here

I get it though, Iran & co don't believe the Jewish people have a right to their historical homeland. They don't even believe Israel and the United States have a right to exist. You clearly have no problem with this, so I bid you a good day. The United States of America, by policy and practicality, disagrees with that assessment however. And have demonstrated our capability to bring awesome military force to bare and relentlessly defend ourselves against this kind of aggression.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

The exit polls were split leading through most of the evening (take that for what you will).

Supposedly Natenyahu told Trump to declare the Iranian Revolutionary Guard a terrorist organization yesterday (per The Intercept). Your opinions on the validity of that declarion aside everyone, if true that would make for curious timing.

And even though it's Saber rattling, and I predicted before that article came out that's what it was.... I don't like my country playing politics for others and then bitching when someone does it to us.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   

That being said, they conduct military operations and in self-defense and strike Iran with impunity because Iran's terror-forces (officially designated, yes) aren't a peer level adversary to US or Israel. Yes, when you threaten to wipe a country off the map you should expect them to do any and everything required to ensure you don't get advanced military or economic capabilities

Iran and the terror groups they sponsor (Hamas, Hezbollah, IRGC) chant "Death to America" "Death to Israel" we have every right to defend ourselves and so does Israel. Their strikes on Iranian nuclear facilities are 100% justified as well. No way these zealots can get a hold of The Bomb.

Zionist pigs, war crimes and propaganda, Israel is a terrorist state, so yes, let's not argue about it

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

Zionist pigs, war crimes and propaganda, Israel is a terrorist state, so yes, let's not argue about it

I like Israel and think they are a great ally.

I just think our countries are too cozy and have more to do with each others policy's than the citizens of either country have.

That's not good.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Why do you cheer him?

He is using you for his agenda and you wilfully giving your boring life to him.

You people man. Love getting USED. ABUSED. By clever men sent by GOD (Eye rolls)

fkinell,

Unbelievable!

The guy is a monster.
edit on 9-4-2019 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: mekhanics

I see you gloss over the point he was making

What do you think those who attack Israel want? They want their settlements in Tel Aviv, Jerusalem and Dimona. This is a dog eat dog world and the rule of the day is eat or be eaten. To be sure, building settlements in a sovereign nation is wrong but Palestine is *not* a sovereign nation. They have rejected, at every turn, the 2 state solution. They are only interested in a 1 state final solution, where Israel is left in ruins and in their own words "is wiped off the map"

Netanyahu has chosen not to bow to threats, to intimidation or to terror and I applaud him for that. I applaud Likud's leadership and the values they stand for. At a time when Israel is under constant attack, not just from terrorism but by the same forces who manipulate our legal systems to mount political attacks and those who engage in economic warfare through movements like BDS.. a strong leader is needed.

Whats ridiculous is putting the blame squarely in Netanyahu's lap while ignoring the complex situation that exists in the region. Since its inception, Arab nations have continually launched attacks against Israel. Not for military gain or strategic purposes, but because they fully believe Israel has no right to exist.

Israel is and will always be the rightful land of the Jewish people.

Your insults and condescending attitude are noted, but I have pretty thick skin so you will have to do better than that

I am surprised at you mekhanics you must be drinking the BDS kool aid

I can't believe the hate for Israel in this thread. You are entitled to your opinion, but it is troubling to see how brainwashed Israel's detractors really are. You are thoroughly convinced they are some force for evil and destruction

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Obama wanted to get rid of Netanyahu.
I'm glad he won.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I'm glad he won.

Oh that's right ... Obama sent a political hit team to Israel to take Netanyahu. That's an instance of the US meddling in foreign elections right there.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I'm glad he won.

Oh that's right ... Obama sent a political hit team to Israel to take Netanyahu. That's an instance of the US meddling in foreign elections right there.

I thought it was lobbying, the same thing Israeli interests do here.

To be clear I dislike both instances no matter which party it goes to.

Would you agree there is a compelling arguement that we meddled in this election?

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I'm glad he won.

It's good to see that people in Israel lie to the "Exit Pollers", just like they do here in America.

Anti-America MSNBC gleefully reported at 3:00pm that exit polls showed Netanyahu had lost.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

He sent members of the same team that handled his election over to work on the campaigns of the opposition party during the last election where he was president.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

He sent members of the same team that handled his election over to work on the campaigns of the opposition party during the last election where he was president.

I'm not saying you're wrong, and I'm very critical of the Obama admin, but could you give me a source on that?

The allegations there were lobbying efforts set up look to be true, but I haven't seen any articles he sent campaigners to act on his behalf. Wouldn't surprise me, just haven't seen it.

Edit: either way I think our alleged involvement was wrong then, and if we did now I think it's wrong still.

What's your take on the current allegations?
edit on 9-4-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I think it should be noted 93%~ is projected in with a dead tie as of 10:22 (ET).

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   

www.washingtonpost.com... ry.html?utm_term=.779de6c0bdd7

www.nytimes.com...

www.timesofisrael.com...

www.washingtontimes.com...

You decide, but the staffer went over to orchestrate and worked with a group who received State Dept. funding.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join