It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bay Area Rapid Transit hides crimes because criminals were "minorities"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: chr0naut

I agree, we need quotas. We can only investigate one assault by black people for every 10 done by white people.

Why deal with them separately?

Surely an alleged assault is an alleged assault and happened as described, or didn't.

The whole concept of one law for one group and another for another, or division of crimes into arbitrary groups (like by skin color) is not equitable.

If they did the crime, they do the time, nothing to do with accidents of birth.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

That sounds way too reasonable to me.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   
BART is a private organization. This is just what unregulated capitalism looks like same with SF as a whole. As much as the Bay Area likes to pretend to be liberal it's really quite capitalistic. Liberal tolerance is tolerated only as long as the status quo is kept and money continues to flow in the correct directions.

I work in SF and its a very unfriendly and uncaring place. Commuting on BART is subject to dumb delays, fair evaders, roving gangs of children (true story) and the constant smell of crack and weed on the last car (any car might smell like urine). We've got homeless people who sleep in the cars and it's very common to watch scuffles with homeless and/or drug users in the mornings as conductors try to kick them off the trains.

Yeah BART is horrible and the board should be hung for crimes against humanity. But the issues stated in OP are directly because it is a private organization run by capitalists that the system is as #ed as it is. There are systems that should quite properly be regulated and socialized in order to make sure the system is fair and works for everyone.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

I think every single person who's been assaulted should file a lawsuit against the transit authorities, for concealing these crimes, and thus doing nothing to prevent them, and in fact, encouraging them to continue.

What happened to hate crimes being wrong? Oh, wait...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join