It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese F 35 reported missing?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Why did they decide to cut the second engine and only have one? Was it a cost saving measure?

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: blackbird9393

JAST/JSF has always had a one-engine requirement?

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: blackbird9393

The second engine was a second engine option, the F136. It's been single engine from the start.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   
For clearing that up guys

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   

The pilot of the crashed F-35, who the Japan Air Self-Defense Force identified as 41-year-old Maj. Akinori Hosomi, is still missing. He was taking part in an air combat training mission with three other F-35s on Tuesday evening when the pilot and aircraft lost contact with other members of the flight and disappeared from radar approximately 85 miles (135 kilometers) east of Misawa Air Base in the northern part of Japan’s main island of Honshu.

The Misawa-based aircraft disappeared soon after Hosomi — who had 3,200 flight hours under his belt that included 60 on the F-35A — told the other pilots taking part to end the training portion of the flight. No other communication was subsequently heard from him, and none of the other pilots saw the aircraft crash.

www.defensenews.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 11:40 PM
link   
A U-2 has joined the search.

www.stripes.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: solidshot
Oh wow all those theories. How about this one, hit a flock of migrating seagulls or other birds while doing a low bank. And down she went.

Yup! All one hundred and something million worth, and taken down, by that most dangerous of flying menace which have terrorized the sky's since the plane was first invented.

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

You know, in all honesty, I have been thinking this the whole time. Perhaps he injected something and it all just weren't as bad as it could very quickly. What's annoying in this case is that the authorities constantly tell us there are three other pilots with him but that's it. No pilots saw this, yada yada yada yada. I wish they would just find the pilot already. Now that I'm an old man parent every time I see any event on any side I always end up thinking about the parents, spouses, and children sitting at home dealing with it. Dealing with it while the world throws out nonsense theories like defection.
edit on 15-4-2019 by Caughtlurking because: Readability

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Caughtlurking

If they haven't found him by now, they aren't going to unless he's still in the cockpit.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Oh I know that in my heart of hearts but I'm the type that hopes until the newsletter comes saying otherwise. I doubt we will hear much news about any of this going forward. The government's of Japan and the US will keep it quiet and try to sweep it under the rug. Out of sight, out of mind.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   

There won't be much to tell until they figure out what caused it.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I don't follow such things closely, so do not be surprised that it did not occur to me that if a plane went missing well something else may have went missing as well, like oh the pilots.

Like a big duh moment. Brain fart.

But yes, if the authorities know something or even have some likely theories as to what went down. I don't see a reason why they don't just up and say that, just to alleviate peoples minds. So if they know something I dont see why they dont just go out and say it, as in both and all cases like every story, it will be forgotten in a day or two.

Speculation is rather overrated. Which is why I much prefer the more wackier wilder ones, they are at the very least more entertaining.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

That's the point of the investigation. They won't actually know anything unless they recover the aircraft and get access to it. Until or unless that happens, there's nothing but speculation going on.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

At which point a flock of birds is as good a speculation as any. But yes, I do not see what business it would be but to those involved, but if nothing comes out. Well, speculations a plenty.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Sad news for the pilot. RIP. A newly built MiG-29M of the Egypt air force crashed last year and fortunately the pilot came to no harm. Many new planes are so complex they are not all that reliable.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: YomSa

Planes have always crashed.

Reliability of complex systems can be increased by redundancy.

F-35 having a single engine probably doesn't help here.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius

The F-35 program surpassed 155,000 hours before their first loss. There have been more multi engine aircraft lost due to engine failure in recent years than single engine aircraft.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Ok, this is getting unnerving, where the hell is our Tech???

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Ok, this is getting unnerving, where the hell is our Tech???

At the bottom at up to 5000ft.
Depending on impact speed there might be nothing to find anyway.

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

You're talking about an aircraft that's 51' x 35' when intact, that's in potentially hundreds of thousands of square miles. If it hit the water at a high rate of speed, which is very likely, it's in even smaller pieces, with nothing to help them find it. They've got to differentiate those pieces from rocks, let debris, and anything else down there. It's not going to be a quick or easy find.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join